Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 12:41 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times

Advertisements

I'm curious how many Christians actually believe Christ died on the cross?

Or do you just believe it was only a nice story meant to inspire us to live lives of self sacrifice?

I'm kind of curious about this because I'm seeing so much unbelief on this message board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 12:49 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,277 times
Yes indeed. And He's going to be worshipped because of this forever. This right here is the very reason we exist - to worship the Lamb. It's all about that. The Father has prepared all of this for him.

That's a looong time too. Just think about that for a minute. We get the honor of worshipping the Lamb and living forever in the most wonderfull kingdom of Joy. That's reality.

I know I went off topic there but that really blows my mind that God is so good.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:51 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,415,339 times
Yes, Jesus literally died on the cross and literally, bodily came back to life on the third day by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:03 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
Because of the need for the flesh to die (experientially) in order to live through Him and He through us, I believe it's true - Jesus had (in layman's terms) a split personality: the Father's life in Him came to do exactly what was done, and the flesh born of Mary suffered the temptation, questioned at Gethsemane, and cried out on Golgotha.

It was Mary's side of the family (our side) that had to be put to death to show us that we cannot follow without our personal cross being embraced - the flesh cannot live perfectly, but that's what we're commanded to do - the equation is quite simple.

Old 01-18-2011, 03:56 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,277 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlqDIfS4O3s

Old 01-18-2011, 04:06 PM

55 posts, read 65,907 times
Yep. He died on the cross...quite anticlimatically for his followers, so they made it into something else entirely in order to give his death meaning. Now, today, Christians go even further and say that it was his "spiritual" death on the cross that meant something, not the physical.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:06 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
I believe that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures .

Old 01-18-2011, 04:25 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,004,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I'm curious how many Christians actually believe Christ died on the cross?

Or do you just believe it was only a nice story meant to inspire us to live lives of self sacrifice?

I'm kind of curious about this because I'm seeing so much unbelief on this message board.
It is indeed interesting to find that not ALL Christians believe as you do. This was my point in that other thread. You assume they all believe the basic, traditional doctrines and even there, there is deep division. I'm just glad I'm outside of that mess.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:31 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
It is indeed interesting to find that not ALL Christians believe as you do. This was my point in that other thread. You assume they all believe the basic, traditional doctrines and even there, there is deep division. I'm just glad I'm outside of that mess.
I find it quite normal. Every believer is at a different level of maturity.
I never assumed they all believe the same basic doctrines. This is why I posted the OP just to see how many believe that Christ died on the cross or if they think it was just a nice story.

You may be "outside the mess" but what you have done is exchange one mess for another mess.

Last edited by Eusebius; 01-18-2011 at 05:00 PM..

Old 01-18-2011, 04:31 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,018,190 times
Yes Jesus died on the cross of calvary, and rose from the dead and assended into Heaven , then at Penticost in Jerusalem in the upper room about 120 received the Baptism of Holy Spirit as Jesus said go to Jerusalem and wait for the Power to come from On High.......... Well I`m a witness of this cross of Jesus Christ because I did receive the Baptism of Holy Spirit Just like these people in this upper room as proof of the truth that these scriptures are........Holy Spirit came to me after the Water Baptism and landed on my belly and the whole world changed and my body became a temple of another being who is Jesus Spirit and Holy from Heaven ...... also according to the rules of the Apostles only those who have a witness of the cross can be an Apostle of Jesus Christ ......Thoughs with a witness of the cross technically through the Baptism of Holy Spirit could be an Apostle , but Jesus would still have to anoint these people according to HIS needs ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity