Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 11:10 AM

5,926 posts, read 6,972,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
It has more to do with living in the bible belt of the US and being witness to irrational (a.k.a. stupid) hatred expressed due to the belief of a god that doesn't exist.

And that babies sin that causes you to so hate it for being conceived is exactly what? Suffer the little children because they are defenseless?

The problem really has nothing to do with whether God exists or not or a persons belief that he does or doesn't.

The problem is that a pastor who appears to believe that a childs baptism is necessary for salvation is willfully withholding the power he imagines he has to save.

It is good that his power is not real, however, if he is in any position of authority to influence others, then it is showing a vile side of religion that should be cut out and cast away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 11:49 AM

16,292 posts, read 28,630,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
The problem really has nothing to do with whether God exists or not or a persons belief that he does or doesn't.
For the sake of debate this is really a mote point

Quote:
The problem is that a pastor who appears to believe that a childs baptism is necessary for salvation is willfully withholding the power he imagines he has to save.
Thus exhibiting the hatred and intolerance that seems to go hand in hand with a huge percentage of believers.

Quote:
It is good that his power is not real, however, if he is in any position of authority to influence others, then it is showing a vile side of religion that should be cut out and cast away.
Of course his power is not real, but sadly far too many people don't recognize that, thus this person has far too much influence and control over others. This guy is setting himself upon a pedestal as if he were a god.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:38 PM

2,431 posts, read 3,589,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Personally, I support the pastor's right to refuse baptism to a child born out of wedlock. It's his congregation and it's his right to judge that baby. It is also God's right to judge him for judging. I wonder who's going to have the last word... him or God.
God will have the last word. That is what bothers me about certain churches, they think they are better than thou.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:42 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,700,348 times
I thought children were considered sinless up to age 12? is there a verse to support it or not?

Old 02-04-2011, 06:08 PM

8,186 posts, read 6,984,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
I thought children were considered sinless up to age 12? is there a verse to support it or not?
That was just folks way of getting around the Super-extra evilness of little kids being sent to be tortured forever.

Oh... well... hmmm. Well, gee that DOES make God seem extra super duper crazy-cruel doesn't it? Well... ok, how about this? A free pass to heaven if they're under a certain age?

Then of course you get into the whole paradox of... well if the kids are getting a free pass to "heaven" if they die by a certain age then... (need I finish the thought?)

Old 02-04-2011, 06:11 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,549,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
no, there is not.

Old 02-05-2011, 05:11 AM

9,707 posts, read 10,095,701 times
Yes condemn these babies they say, as we will not bless them and this will hold God protection and authority over these little babies away from them ...... The pastor should get other Christians to bless the babies outside the church if the churches intolerances and so strong in the law
Jesus will honor the authority of other Christians prayers as it is the will of God that these babies authority is given to Gods blessing...As Jesus said ``Love your neighbor as your self ``, and this commandment of Jesus is ignored for these babies .............. Father I give all these babies lives to you for your blessing in the world and for their steps for Jesus salvation in their lives . Father I ask forgiveness for these people who condemn your people for sin and out of your will . I take our judgment away, and plead the Blood of Jesus over these people and the babies that go with no blessing from Heaven in Jesus name ... Father I bind up these spirit responsible that blind your people, and cast them down in Jesus name ... Quicken your believers again with you will in Jesus name .......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity