Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 06:15 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,030,177 times

Advertisements

Do you believe God loves YOU personally? If so, how has this changed your life.

Do you believe God loved you before you ever thought about seeking him? Or do you believe his love toward you is dependent on what you know, what you do, what you believe, etc....

Do you believe that love comes from God and is the reason why humans love others? Do you believe if it were not for the love flowing from God's omnipotent Spirit that there would be no love in the world.

Do you believe God could or would ever stop loving us?

Is there anything more important to God than love?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2014, 07:01 AM

9,915 posts, read 9,623,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post

Do you believe God loved you before you ever thought about seeking him? Or do you believe his love toward you is dependent on what you know, what you do, what you believe, etc....

Do you believe that love comes from God and is the reason why humans love others? Do you believe if it were not for the love flowing from God's omnipotent Spirit that there would be no love in the world.

yes I know God loves me and I'm glad because people have let me down.. But I know I can always trust God. He is looking out for me.

I could not have known Him except that He loved me and brought me to Him.

one more thing more important to God than love - salvation, forgiveness of sin, trust in Jesus to do that. Without that, we are separated from God's love to us, since sin separates us from God. light vs darkness type of thing.

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave his only Son, that whomever believes in Him shall not die.

God loves even the unlovable like me.

Old 07-28-2014, 07:02 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,337,846 times
Yes without hesitation or doubt and have known since I was a child.

Old 07-28-2014, 07:30 AM

14,909 posts, read 17,215,431 times
Do you believe God loves YOU personally?

Yes, I believe that He loves me personally. It has changed my life because I once hated myself and was suicidal, but God showed me that I am dear to Him, that He loves me so much that He sent His Son for me, that He is operating in my life, and that He has great plans for me as He does for all of us.

Yes, I believe so, because He gave Jesus for me, before I was even born and before I ever sought Him, and when I was lost in sin, and when I was rebellious towards Him. No, I do not believe that His love for me is dependent on what I know, do, or believe. I believe that He loves me in spite of all of this. His love for me remains the same regardless of my knowledge, actions, beliefs.

Yes, I believe that love comes from God and that without His Spirit and operations in the world, love would not exist.

No, I don't.

I don't believe so because we are taught that the one who abides in love, abides in God, and God abides in Him. How do we know that we are abiding in God and He in us? We must love. Paul tells us of the three things the remain, faith, hope and love, love is the greatest.

God bless.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:17 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,420,964 times

Quote:
If God is love, then it makes sense to me that God loves each of us personally, because by it's very nature, love is relational.

Quote:

Love is who God is, and obviously that cannot be dependent upon anything any one of us does. I do however believe that it is difficult for us to have faith that God/love exists for us and to trust that we will be rewarded for seeking God/love. Our view of God/love may be warped, and that will obviously hinder our experience of God/love.

Quote:
Do you believe that love comes from God and is the reason why humans love others?
God is love, and the Spirit of God is in all of us, so yes.

Quote:
Do you believe if it were not for the love flowing from God's omnipotent Spirit that there would be no love in the world.
God/LOVE is the foundation of our world. No God, no world/no love.

Quote:
Only if God ceased to exist. In which case, we'd cease to exist as well so we'd never know the difference.

Quote:
I don't think of it in terms of love being more or less important to God than anything else. It's just that since the Foundation of our existence IS love, that means love is the most important thing for us.

AISI

Old 07-28-2014, 10:08 AM

63,944 posts, read 40,226,851 times
Quote:
What a wonderful thread, Heartsong!
I know God loves me personally . . . and it changed my life dramatically from 30+ years of atheism.
Yes He loved me because I did not seek Him yet He found me. It cannot be dependent because I knew God before I ever adopted ANY beliefs about Him.
God IS love so . . . a resounding Yes! It comes from God and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.
God could never stop loving us without ceasing to exist because God IS love.
Agape love is what it is all about . . . nothing is more important.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Do you believe God loves YOU personally?

Yes, I believe that He loves me personally. It has changed my life because I once hated myself and was suicidal, but God showed me that I am dear to Him, that He loves me so much that He sent His Son for me, that He is operating in my life, and that He has great plans for me as He does for all of us.

Yes, I believe so, because He gave Jesus for me, before I was even born and before I ever sought Him, and when I was lost in sin, and when I was rebellious towards Him.
No, I do not believe that His love for me is dependent on what I know, do, or believe. I believe that He loves me in spite of all of this. His love for me remains the same regardless of my knowledge, actions, beliefs

Yes, I believe that love comes from God and that without His Spirit and operations in the world, love would not exist.

No, I don't.

I don't believe so because we are taught that the one who abides in love, abides in God, and God abides in Him. How do we know that we are abiding in God and He in us? We must love. Paul tells us of the three things the remain, faith, hope and love, love is the greatest.
God bless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post

If God is love, then it makes sense to me that God loves each of us personally, because by it's very nature, love is relational.
Love is who God is, and obviously that cannot be dependent upon anything any one of us does. I do however believe that it is difficult for us to have faith that God/love exists for us and to trust that we will be rewarded for seeking God/love. Our view of God/love may be warped, and that will obviously hinder our experience of God/love.
God is love, and the Spirit of God is in all of us, so yes.
God/LOVE is the foundation of our world. No God, no world/no love.
Only if God ceased to exist. In which case, we'd cease to exist as well so we'd never know the difference.
I don't think of it in terms of love being more or less important to God than anything else. It's just that since the Foundation of our existence IS love, that means love is the most important thing for us.
AISI
Ah sisters . . . this thread is truly born of the love of God and is a blessing for all who read it.

Old 07-28-2014, 10:15 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,242,237 times
I hate to be a wet blanket at what appears to be a nice love-in...but....

I only wish I could believe it. In my heart, I don't.

But since I'm not a Christian, my beliefs don't matter!

So, carry on with the group hugging.

Old 07-28-2014, 10:54 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,420,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I hate to be a wet blanket at what appears to be a nice love-in...but....

I only wish I could believe it. In my heart, I don't.

But since I'm not a Christian, my beliefs don't matter!

So, carry on with the group hugging.
You aren't a wet blanket for not believing something you don't. (You're not a wet blanket, period. )

So, do you think that our capacity to love in any way mirrors the Force that brought us into existence? If not, where does the capacity for love come from, in your opinion?

Old 07-28-2014, 12:34 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,030,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
You aren't a wet blanket for not believing something you don't. (You're not a wet blanket, period. )

So, do you think that our capacity to love in any way mirrors the Force that brought us into existence? If not, where does the capacity for love come from, in your opinion?
That's a great question, Pleroo.

Thanks everyone for participating in this thread.

I remember when I first believed that God loved me personally - it was only about 14 years ago even though I have believed in God and his son Jesus since I was a small child. The light of God's love finally pierced my heart sometime around the year 2000 and it was the most wonderful thing that has ever happened to me. It changed me in vast and immeasurable ways. Before that I was stumbling around in darkness. I was a Christian before then, but I had not had a true revelation of the light in my heart. The revelation of God's love in my heart in a personal way enabled me to overcome all manner of fears and life-long depression. And it made me love others regardless of who they are, what they believe or what kind of bondage they are in.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:41 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,791,734 times
Yes.

"The Father loves the son and whatever he does He shows him."

John 17:26
"I made your name known to them, and I will make it known, so that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity