Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 09:21 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times

Advertisements

for me the main reason i don't believe in the god in the old scriptures, is how can a god that supposedly is so great and powerfull and loving send poor sheeples to hell for eternity,!?? for just not believing in him,?? that's like sending a child to jail with hardened criminals for life.!!! for stealing a stick of gum... how does one come to believe in him when all we have is some old misinterpreted rewritten forged books that claim a god exist. it screams out scaremongering tactics created by the most evil species on the planet man.!!!! and another reason is why would that god let millions of children that are to young to know evil from good, suffer a living death for so long.?? why, tell me why.??

if there is a god or gods.?? it definitely is not the one in those old books.

so what is your main reason for.??????

Last edited by cruxan; 08-04-2010 at 09:51 PM..

Old 08-04-2010, 09:40 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,454,993 times
The reason I do not believe in god or any gods is because of lack of evidence.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:44 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzly Friddle View Post
The reason I do not believe in god or any gods is because of lack of evidence.
Any evidence at all, reason and fairy tales just can't co-exist. You can have reasonable views of reality, or you can have fairy tale views, but I don't know how you mix the two.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:54 PM

689 posts, read 549,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
for me the main reason i don't believe in the god in the old scriptures, is how can a god that supposedly is so great and powerfull and loving send poor sheeples to hell for eternity,!?? for just not believing in him,?? that's like sending a child to jail with hardend criminals for life.!!! for stealing a stick of gum... how does one come to believe in him when all we have is some old misinterpreted rewritten forged books that claim a god exist. it screams out scaremongering tactics created by the most evil species on the planet man.!!!! and another reason is why would that god let millions of children that are to young to know evil from good, suffer a living death for so long.?? why, tell me why.??

if there is a god or gods.?? it definitely is not the one in those old books.

so what is your main reason for.??????
God set up Laws to rule things, including humans and angels. Ever since Adam sinned and was driven out of God's Kingdom, humans are no longer inside God's Kingdom. They need to pass the final judgment to make their return.

In human history humans are cruel. The Egyptians killed the children of the Jews on sight simply because the Jews were getting over-populated. Even as late as AD70 when the Romans took over Jerusalem, they killed the Jews (over a million) rampantly. And as late as 1940 Hitler killed the Jews even systematically.

The Jews once were no better than the Egyptians nor the Romans, or else they couldn't have survived the surrounding enemies holding the totally different religions. God chose them not because they were any better in terms of brutalty or humanity, they were chosen perhaps they are good message keepers (they can keep the Word all along with them in the 2000 years of exile without a country to belong to).

Only after receiving the Mosaic Law and after settling in Canaan, they were gradually educated to be the upholders of God's Law.

Moreover, no fairy tales can ever attract 1/3 human being believers including the greatest minds such as Isaac Newton.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:57 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,764,351 times
If there is a God, It is NOT male or female - It should be much Greater than any human form.

I believe that most humans believe in God because there is a hope that once one dies that is not the end.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:22 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
God set up Laws to rule things, including humans and angels. Ever since Adam sinned and was driven out of God's Kingdom, humans are no longer inside God's Kingdom. They need to pass the final judgment to make their return.

In human history humans are cruel. The Egyptians killed the children of the Jews on sight simply because the Jews were getting over-populated. Even as late as AD70 when the Romans took over Jerusalem, they killed the Jews (over a million) rampantly. And as late as 1940 Hitler killed the Jews even systematically.

The Jews once were no better than the Egyptians nor the Romans, or else they couldn't have survived the surrounding enemies holding the totally different religions. God chose them not because they were any better in terms of brutalty or humanity, they were chosen perhaps they are good message keepers (they can keep the Word all along with them in the 2000 years of exile without a country to belong to).

Only after receiving the Mosaic Law and after settling in Canaan, they were gradually educated to be the upholders of God's Law.

Moreover, no fairy tales can ever attract 1/3 human being believers including the greatest minds such as Isaac Newton.
god is god all powerfull,, why not revise his own laws. he must have a lot of evil associated with him to let all the suffering go on.!! come on why would god have to send sheeples to hell for eternity for just not believing in him.?? it's such a petty offence. i mean come on we are talking about the deity that created the universe in 6 days.!!! so your telling me a god with such powers can't alter his rule book for the sake of goodness, where the hell is the good in this god when millions of children are suffering while we speak.. i know,?? it must be bureaucracy amonst the gods, you know the god that governs this universe must get permission from the bigger god to chage the laws created by the bigger gods and so on. that should explain why nothing ever gets done when it comes to god. kinda like congress wouldn't you say.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:28 PM

689 posts, read 549,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
god is god all powerfull,, why not revise his own laws. he must have a lot of evil associated with him to let all the suffering go on.!! come on why would god have to send sheeples to hell for eternity for just not believing in him.?? it's such a petty offence. i mean come on we are talking about the deity that created the universe in 6 days.!!! so your telling me a god with such powers can't alter his rule book for the sake of goodness, where the hell is the good in this god when millions of children are suffering while we speak.. i know,?? it must be bureaucracy amonst the gods, you know the god that governs this universe must get permission from the bigger god to chage the laws created by the bigger gods and so on. that should explain why nothing ever gets done when it comes to god. kinda like congress wouldn't you say.
If God stops everything bad from happening, there won't be free will at all. Moreover, God doesn't send His sheep to hell. His sheep's names are well written in the Book of Life and they all will be saved.

Evil will be eradicated as a whole and once and for all, once His Ultimate Plan is realised. And I guess one of the purposes of His plan is to build a Kingdom of freewills where those choose to be there will be there.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:22 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
It's quite a handy argument, the argument from evil, but the main reason I don't believe is that there is no good evidence for it.

Firstly, which god are we talking about? For all of the believers in various religions to cry 'Why OURS obviously.' only makes belief in any one of the personal gods ridiculous.

The idea of a sort deist - god is an interesting one, but frankly I don't see what difference it makes whether one believes it or not.

So, no. There is no reason to believe. Only the 'no morals without God' apologetics package which is pretty much discredited, logically and evidentially.

There is NO good reason to believe in any god.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:28 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
I'll borrow a well-worn phrase from believers......
I just know it in my heart

Old 08-05-2010, 05:00 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,957,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I'll borrow a well-worn phrase from believers......
I just know it in my heart
Yup this is where I as an atheist I will just agree to disagree with you

My best reason is like another poster stated...lack of real evidence...books written by man do not count for me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality