Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 01:55 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,132,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
If people want to know what real universalism is then go here www.ulc.net
Now you are just being misleading on purpose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2011, 02:11 PM

33,249 posts, read 26,463,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
That's too funny. You believe God only shows unconditional love and mercy to someone until they reach a certain undefined age, and that some little glimmer of curiousity about God magically gives them time to make a decision. Neither of these things are in the Bible and you know it, so you say it's based on His character. Yet you also think His character includes tormenting someone forever. Unreal.
No matter how often or how clearly it is explained to you, you are unable or unwilling to understand it, and you twist what I say for the purpose of ridicule. It is pointless to go over it again.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:13 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,020,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Reading the bible everyday is not meeting God.

Your posts are void of any spirit or life too.
I bet Jim Jones read the bible regularly. And of course "Satan" loves to quote scriptures

Old 03-25-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
You cannot point to a single place in the scriptures where an individual who Jesus met, after Jesus came to where they were turned him down.The rich young ruler who came to Jesus is the example of what you believe and teach,and the result is nothing arrives in form of salvation and the individual leaves empty handed, and so it is with all who think doing something will give them salvation.

When Jesus knocks on your door, Salvation arrives too, not in the form of an offer,but arrives and makes it's home in you.The account of Zacchaeus in Luke 19 beautifully bears out how salvation comes to the individual and when it does there is only one outcome.........Salvation !!!!!!!!!!!

The greatest example of this is the conversion of Saul.

God apprehends us,whether you like it or not.

Those who are hearing are believing, those who are not believing are not hearing.

“Lord, who has believed our message
and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?â€
For this reason they could not believe, because, as Isaiah says elsewhere:
“He has blinded their eyes
and deadened their hearts,
so they can neither see with their eyes,
nor understand with their hearts,
nor turn—and I would heal them.â€h
Isaiah said this because he saw Jesus’ glory and spoke about him.
Judus Iscariot spend over three years with Christ and never believed in Him for salvation. He is in 'Torments' in Hades today and will spend the eternal future in the lake of fire.

The phrase about Jesus knocking on your door is from Revelation 3:20 and refers to the believer responding to divine discipline. It has nothing to do with salvation.

Anyone who hears the gospel message has the opportunity to come to Christ in response to the message. The more often a person rejects the gospel, the harder it is for them to respond to it in the future. It's a hardening of the heart in reaction to the truth.

Jesus said to those who had rejected Him, John 5:40 'and you are unwilling to come to Me, that you may have life.''

During the Millennium, when Jesus will be on the earth ruling from David's throne, there will over the course of that 1000 year period, be countless people who will reject Him (Revelation 20:7-9). Over the course of the Millennium there will be many who are born, who though they make outward profession of Christ, will not believe in Him for salvation. It is these who will rebel against Him when Satan is temporarily released from his prison.

No one is saved apart from a desire to be saved by trusting in Christ for that salvation.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:28 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,113,549 times
Quote:
That's too funny. You believe God only shows unconditional love and mercy to someone until they reach a certain undefined age, and that some little glimmer of curiousity about God magically gives them time to make a decision. Neither of these things are in the Bible and you know it, so you say it's based on His character. Yet you also think His character includes tormenting someone forever. Unreal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
No matter how often or how clearly it is explained to you, you are unable or unwilling to understand it, and you twist what I say for the purpose of ridicule. It is pointless to go over it again.
I didn't twist anything, and IMO you know this, so you try to wiggle your way out of a predicament that makes you uncomfortable with your beliefs. Otherwise, you would write up a long post with scriptures saying there is an age of accountability, and that curious/positive/interested (whatever) people are given ample time to make a decision to believe in Jesus. But there are none. We both know that.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:52 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,837,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Now you are just being misleading on purpose.
have you looked at the link?

Old 03-25-2011, 04:10 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
Judus Iscariot spend over three years with Christ and never believed in Him for salvation. He is in 'Torments' in Hades today and will spend the eternal future in the lake of fire.

The phrase about Jesus knocking on your door is from Revelation 3:20 and refers to the believer responding to divine discipline. It has nothing to do with salvation.

Anyone who hears the gospel message has the opportunity to come to Christ in response to the message. The more often a person rejects the gospel, the harder it is for them to respond to it in the future. It's a hardening of the heart in reaction to the truth.

Jesus said to those who had rejected Him, John 5:40 'and you are unwilling to come to Me, that you may have life.''

During the Millennium, when Jesus will be on the earth ruling from David's throne, there will over the course of that 1000 year period, be countless people who will reject Him (Revelation 20:7-9). Over the course of the Millennium there will be many who are born, who though they make outward profession of Christ, will not believe in Him for salvation. It is these who will rebel against Him when Satan is temporarily released from his prison.

No one is saved apart from a desire to be saved by trusting in Christ for that salvation.
Mike555

I give up with you, while you believe what you do there is no point going any further with you, like somebody as already told you, you have never believed in the good news. everything and i mean everything you say,suggests that. Yes you believe something and compose long posts that are full of bible verses, what does that prove ?

When i said Jesus knocking at your door, the last thing i was saying was, Jesus is knocking at the door hoping you will open it and then he comes into your heart, that's the kind of garbage preached from the pulpits of demons.

When Jesus shows up at our door, there is only one outcome,no decision for Jesus is required, he's doesn't turn up offering us something to believe in , he reveals who HE IS ,resulting in us believing on him.

Camps who do you say I AM, thou art the Christ the Son of the Living God, flesh and blood has not revealed this to you Camps, but my Father(and yours) in heaven(in you).

The John 5:40 verse'and you are unwilling to come to Me, that you may have life.'' " you quoted is the testimony of every man before they believe, don't you see this very verse you are quoting at me pulls the rug from under your belief, that there has to be willingness from our behalf, you will not decide, or be willing to come to Jesus in a million years, tell me how a man dead in trespasses and sin can decide anything ?. You do not believe "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows(James 1:17). You believe there is something alive in us that is good that can activate faith .

It's also clear everything you post on here is from a book(not the scriptures), i was forced fed all of it 25 years ago as a new believer, but thankfully from the day i became aware of what i had been taking heed to,i evicted it. I am so thankful that the establishment only had me in it's clutches for a very short period of time, because just like the saying "give me the child until he's seven and i'll give you the man", this is true of fundamental christianity too,the spirit orthodox christianity can do the same with the young believer and turn them into twice the son of hell Matt 23:15, given the time.

Last edited by pcamps; 03-25-2011 at 04:38 PM..

Old 03-25-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
I didn't twist anything, and IMO you know this, so you try to wiggle your way out of a predicament that makes you uncomfortable with your beliefs. Otherwise, you would write up a long post with scriptures saying there is an age of accountability, and that curious/positive/interested (whatever) people are given ample time to make a decision to believe in Jesus. But there are none. We both know that.
My posts on the matter are available for all to see. Why would you assume that there must be a long list of scriptures regarding the point when a person is held accountable? As soon as a person has developed mentally to comprehend the existence of God, whatever his age, then he is held accountable by God with regard to what he does with the fact that he does comprehend.

God has made Himself known by His creation!!! Romans 1: 18-20.

God requires a volitional response to the gospel!!! All of the passages which speak of believing in Christ.

Yet, an infant cannot understand the concept and therefore cannot be held accountable.

God is perfectly fair. He will not hold accountable those who cannot even comprehend His existence.

When a person, whatever his age, can comprehend the existence of God, he becomes accountable.

It's that simple.

Oh, and I am not in the least bit uncomfortable with what I know to be true. You are the second person in as many days to insinuate that I don't really believe what I post on this forum.

And lady, I do not attempt to wiggle out of anything. As I said, all of my posts on this forum are available for all to see, and I encourage everyone to look through them.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:31 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
Quote:
Judas Iscariot spend over three years with Christ and never believed in Him for salvation.
He is in 'Torments' in Hades today and will spend the eternal future in the lake of fire.
He had other expectations as do you, reacting from his own perception.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Mike555

I give up with you, while you believe what you do there is no point going any further with you, like somebody as already told you, you have never believed in the good news. everything and i mean everything you say,suggests that. Yes you believe something and compose long posts that are full of bible verses, what does that prove ?

When i said Jesus knocking at your door, the last thing i was saying was, Jesus is knocking at the door hoping you will open it and then he comes into your heart, that's the kind of garbage preached from the pulpits of demons.

When Jesus shows up at our door, there is only one outcome,no decision for Jesus is required, he's doesn't turn up offering us something to believe in , he reveals who HE IS ,resulting in us believing on him.

Camps who do you say I AM, thou art the Christ the Son of the Living God, flesh and blood has not revealed this to you Camps, but my Father(and yours) in heaven(in you).

The John 5:40 verse'and you are unwilling to come to Me, that you may have life.'' " you quoted is the testimony of every man before they believe, don't you see this very verse you are quoting at me pulls the rug from under your belief, that there has to be willingness from our behalf, you will not decide, or be willing to come to Jesus in a million years, tell me how a man dead in trespasses and sin can decide anything ?. You do not believe "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows(James 1:17). You believe there is something alive in us that is good that can activate faith .

It's also clear everything you post on here is from a book(not the scriptures), i was forced fed all of it 25 years ago as a new believer, but thankfully from the day i became aware of what i had been taking heed to,i evicted it. I am so thankful that the establishment only had me in it's clutches for a very short period of time, because just like the saying "give me the child until he's seven and i'll give you the man", this is true of fundamental christianity too,the spirit orthodox christianity can do the same with the young believer and turn them into twice the son of hell Matt 23:15, given the time.
Many of you Universalists claim that you used to believe the fundamentals of doctrine but then had some revelation by which you now have a higher understanding of spiritual matters. The reality is that you turned your back on the truth in favor of a lie. You have all gone from the truth into apostasy and/or heresy.

I am too well grounded in Scriptural and doctrinal truth to ever be deceived by the lies that you people promote.

I already told you that Judas Iscariot never believed in Christ despite spending over 3 years with Him. He is eternally lost. And I already told you that in the Millennium the number of people who reject Christ as Savior will be as the sand on the shore (Revelation 20:7-9).

John 5:40 confirms the fact that man can reject the invitation to salvation. The invitation is given through the gospel under the common grace ministry of the Holy Spirit. Man is free to say 'yes' or 'no' to the invitation.

You say that I don't believe the good news. I certainly do. What you people promote is not the good news. You promote the Satanic lie that all men will be saved which is in direct opposition of the Scriptures.

That you cannot understand the doctrines of common and efficacious grace as they pertain to salvation is no surprise.

You want to know how the unbeliever can come to Christ? I give you the opportuntiy to learn how with these studies on the matter.

http://www.spiritandtruth.org/teachi...cles/28/28.pdf

The Person of the Holy Spirit Part 5 The Holy Spirit in Relation to the Unsaved World | Bible.org - Worlds Largest Bible Study Site

Lesson 01 - Efficacious Grace

Not willing to accept instruction? Well, the studies are there for whoever is willing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity