Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 01:28 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,837,291 times

Advertisements

Apparently no one other than hljc and myself are willing to address the very words of Christ, but many are willing to argue or debate the entire Bible or just cast it aside as if it were an after thought. How can anyone claim to Jesus yet reject His very words? Are they cowards? Lord forbid. Perhaps they just dont know how to handle the very character of Jesus Christ because it contradict their false interpritation of Christ.

I am evil, if not for Jesus I would be out their commiting henious crimes because it is in my flesh to do so. When I started seeking to gratify the flesh, the Lord gave me my wife and it is because of her and God thru her that I chose not to serve the flesh as I could have. Evil covered in His righteousness.

I want to ask a question. If we are all saved by Christs sacrifice then why do we still hold onto sin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 06:20 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,023,019 times
See there are many people who may not know the meaning of the Words of Jesus and may just bow out of the thread of discussion on the Words of Jesus .... still others see Jesus Words as irrelevant, because the Lord God is believed to reject Jesus Christ authority over salvation at the great judgment which is non scriptural because Father God and Jesus are one with His spirit........still others take the offense of the cross of Jesus to heart , and people only want a loving Jesus who will not interfere with their life , so they have hard time with a offensive Jesus who challenges their lives and thoughts and cares and actions ....... See the cross of Jesus Christ is designed to bring eternal life , that requires faith in Jesus Christ alone. ..... the offense of the cross of Jesus Christ says that; All are under sin ,so then All will be lost,..So All need Jesus Christ, .. so many reject the sin issue and say I am all right I do not see the sin, and say Jesus loves me just the way I am,.. Everybody who sins will go to Heaven .......... still others are proud to learn to find the truth, or fear the truth or knowing the truth could be to much work is a popular belief ..... and others may only hear what they want to hear and close down thoughts for development In Christ ways , and some would believe that Jesus test their commitment because Jesus is not popular in other people lives, ... some others can relate to Judas Iscariot as to Jesus Christ, ..... I Matthew 12: 42..... an offense Jesus said ``The queen of the south [Sheba] will rise up in the judgment with this generation, and will condemn it ; for she came from the uttermost parts of the world to hear the wisdom of Solomon, and behold a greater than Solomon is here``....... Be Blessed Jesus loves you.........

Old 03-27-2011, 11:07 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,886,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post

I want to ask a question. If we are all saved by Christs sacrifice then why do we still hold onto sin?

Man is 3-part: spirit, soul (mind), and body (flesh). When we become born-again, it is our spirit within us that becomes born again, not our flesh. The body, our flesh, is left unchanged and will still want to hold onto sin, and therefore will die. Our mind, the soul, is changed slowly day by day, as we grow in the knowledge of our Lord...it's not an instant thing.

Bud

Old 03-27-2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Man is 3-part: spirit, soul (mind), and body (flesh). When we become born-again, it is our spirit within us that becomes born again, not our flesh. The body, our flesh, is left unchanged and will still want to hold onto sin, and therefore will die. Our mind, the soul, is changed slowly day by day, as we grow in the knowledge of our Lord...it's not an instant thing.

Bud
Thank you Bud, more people need to realize this and seek the Lords guidance.

Thank you hljc, you are trully an inspiration and a blessing from the Lord.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:42 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,514,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post

Bud

What he^said

Old 03-28-2011, 12:39 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,370,905 times
Shouldn't the whole bible be red-lettered, if it's supposed to all be inspired from God?

just a thought...

Blessings,
brian

Old 03-28-2011, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Shouldn't the whole bible be red-lettered, if it's supposed to all be inspired from God?

just a thought...

Blessings,
brian
Good point but these are the words directly from Him while He was flesh but I believe all words attributed as words from the Lord( God, Jesus, or Holy Spirit), perhaps other colors like blue and green and all others remain black to signify mans opinion or interpritation.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:18 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,890,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Apparently no one other than hljc and myself are willing to address the very words of Christ.....
????

And exactly how did you come to that conclusion?

Old 03-28-2011, 09:00 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,588,947 times
The problem is they are NOT the very words of Christ. We don't have an original in any language to know exactly what was said, and the various fragments we have are in Greek, Hebrew & Aramaic. A direct translation to English is not possible just as a direct translation from Spanish, Italian, French etc. is not possible.

Add in the fact the gospels were written after Christ died, and the probability of them being the exact words of Christ I would say are pretty close to 0.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:16 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,370,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
The problem is they are NOT the very words of Christ. We don't have an original in any language to know exactly what was said, and the various fragments we have are in Greek, Hebrew & Aramaic. A direct translation to English is not possible just as a direct translation from Spanish, Italian, French etc. is not possible.

Add in the fact the gospels were written after Christ died, and the probability of them being the exact words of Christ I would say are pretty close to 0.
You should see the mistakes in (English-Italian) interpretation I see here in Italy on a regular basis!

Blessings,
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity