Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 09:44 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times

Advertisements

Man is known for his evil disposition, as he fundamentally attempts to rule this world.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 05:07 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,661,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arena valleygirl View Post
Did Cain tell Able he was wicked?

It seems Jesus got into trouble too, with what they said of Him

the prophets and apostles too

Oh my, I want to know how do you tell the wicked from the righteous, how is it that you can tell who is the good girls and the bad girls, is there some way to tell, how is it I can know how to tell the difference between the two?

Can someone help me, please?
If the wicked say you are wicked are you wicked...

If you are a willfull sinner...if you love your sin...fullfilling the lusts of your flesh....succumbing to the desires of your flesh...transgress the law of God which is the Ten Commandments...you are a wicked, willfull sinner who desperately needs Christ THE Savior and Redeemer of our souls FROM sin.

Sin is the transgression of the law of God. The law of God is the Ten Commandments. Break any one of them willfully (and not coming to a full repentance, a turning AWAY from your life of sin), knowing you should not, will only lead you to your very destruction, separated from God for eternity.

Read the Bible...in it you will find your answers. If God says you are wicked, and teaches in Scripture what wickedness/sin is, and you fall in that catagory, you are wicked. His is Who's opinion you should be seeking.

In Christ Jesus,
Verna.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:39 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,948,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Arena valleygirl, I hope you are aware that what the poster above said is a false gospel called Universalism which teaches that everyone will be saved. They will not.

You can try to apply a label to me if you like, it actually shows that you have no idea what your talking about.

Katie, take into consideration that one test of the spirits is if you can tell if someone is trying to take advantage of your uncertainty in order to convince you that what they believe is true as opposed to directing you to see the spiritual nature of Gods assurances in your life.

It is a religious myth that it is our business to determine who is saved and who isn't, it is a reality that if you live your life seeking truth and love which is Gods inherant nature that you will be a vessel in which those who may come into your path will see what they need to see, often times without you speaking a single word.

Mike wants to talk about labels, and you can believe him if you like, I'll talk about the wonders of Christ and spiritual freedom that YOU can seek and find, even without me.

Old 04-25-2011, 05:45 PM

164 posts, read 264,858 times
Well if you preach to people and you love them and fight for the gospel, and people say you are wicked r they right, by your fruits you say, this is very helpful, I was wondering how it is that when you preach the gospel that people can say that you wicked, how does this work?

Old 04-26-2011, 05:08 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,369,999 times
Hi Valleygirl!

Personally, I think Phazelwood was on the right track when he told you to leave it in God's hands. God is in control. He is the only One we depend on, and our Life comes directly from Him. If you are trusting in the One who gives you Life (this very life as I write this), and if it is He who calls you back to Him when He decides, then why worry about whether or not people are a certain way or not?? God will bring them to knowledge of Him when He decides.
As for us, we are called to thank Him and do good. Others will see your witness and be blessed.

Aisi..

Blessings!
brian

Old 04-26-2011, 04:44 PM

Ok, brian, I understand what you are saying, and others said by their fruits, but how about do the wicked say good people or christians are wicked, when they are not? More of the question

Old 04-26-2011, 04:58 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,571,770 times
We can call each other wicked to no end or till donkeys fly...but in the end, only GOD knows the heart of man.

~Humility and recognition of one's own shortcomings is more important than the mock virtues of the proud.

Peace!

Old 04-26-2011, 05:06 PM

6 posts, read 20,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arena valleygirl View Post
Ok, brian, I understand what you are saying, and others said by their fruits, but how about do the wicked say good people or christians are wicked, when they are not? More of the question
Some people may be able to see that the wicked are only concerned with spreading their religion even after they have learned the truth about it.
Good example is the old testament God was obviously the god of the wicked.And when people carry over the wickedness into the new testament in order to make sense of it they include that wickedness.
They seek to indoctrinate instead of really pointing people in the right direction.
They seek to rule over others instead of again just pointing them in the right direction.
If what you want to do is preach to people.
Then maybe you should ask yourself,why you want to do such a thing.
And realize that the members of religious organizations typically call people of other religions or cultures wicked for no good reason at all.
Maybe that also is why some you see being called wicked don't deserve to be.

And people that call themselves christians are not excluded from wickedness,as a matter of fact some christians use their religion as a veil.Some better than others.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:20 PM

Well, it would seem some Christians have gotten in serious trouble, and it would seem they got there way out with Gods help, but if it is not God and Christ then it would make a person wicked wouldn't it, for if you don't get strait who He is and follow Him you couldn't be good it would seem, it seems that there are so many problems with religion I admit, but just accepting them all can not be done, and certainly loving everyone is a good thing, but accepting all and what they believe as right can not, I would think that many a church might not love too many as you say luther, and the anger you have at christians I can understand, God has some to, a bit more than you I imagine when people do not live for Him claiming His name, but we can't just accept all gods and paths to what ever end each person wants, but the world is making a good try at it, but it won't work, that is why we have so much trouble around the world in big quantity and power from above, it is a warning

I agree luther, God's children need to work hard at loving everyone and leading people in the right direction, and not being wicked themselves, it has caused a great problem, that is why we are at the end of the world, but I don't think it will be next month as Harold Camping says

Arena
time for the One Path, Jesus Christ for all

Old 04-27-2011, 08:35 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,369,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern Luther View Post
Some people may be able to see that the wicked are only concerned with spreading their religion even after they have learned the truth about it.
Good example is the old testament God was obviously the god of the wicked.And when people carry over the wickedness into the new testament in order to make sense of it they include that wickedness.
They seek to indoctrinate instead of really pointing people in the right direction.
They seek to rule over others instead of again just pointing them in the right direction.
If what you want to do is preach to people.
Then maybe you should ask yourself,why you want to do such a thing.
And realize that the members of religious organizations typically call people of other religions or cultures wicked for no good reason at all.
Maybe that also is why some you see being called wicked don't deserve to be.

And people that call themselves christians are not excluded from wickedness,as a matter of fact some christians use their religion as a veil.Some better than others.
Thank you for your post, Modern Luther.
I agree that we need to examine our motives; and Christianity is not immune to harboring wickedness.
Many Americans are so "literal" in everything they understand, that they fall for a lie very easily.

Blessings,
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity