Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 03:10 PM

2,468 posts, read 3,132,706 times

Advertisements

I'd like a little inside information, if someone would enlighten me, so I don't get in any more trouble on this forum.

Which Christian religion am I supposed to follow on this forum?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 03:31 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,662,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
I'd like a little inside information, if someone would enlighten me, so I don't get in any more trouble on this forum.

Do not follow any man's expressed version of religion. Study for yourself and show your own self approved by God...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

The Bible is where God's truth can be found.

Do you earnestly and diligently seek the heart of God and His will for your life?

After heartfelt prayer for God to open the eyes of your heart to understand, do you then read Scripture in Spirit and in Truth?

If not...then do that.

Blessings to you,
Verna.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:50 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,837,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Do not follow any man's expressed version of religion. Study for yourself and show your own self approved by God...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

The Bible is where God's truth can be found.

Do you earnestly and diligently seek the heart of God and His will for your life?

After heartfelt prayer for God to open the eyes of your heart to understand, do you then read Scripture in Spirit and in Truth?

If not...then do that.

Blessings to you,
Verna.
Amen, what she said.

Old 05-13-2011, 04:07 PM

Thanks for the replies.
I agree - there are so many beautiful parables of truth in the bible!
Still, I'm wondering - which scriptures am I required to follow, in order to post on this forum?

Catholic? -Can a poster make comments on Catholic biblical books like the Esdras, Tobit, Judith, Wisdom of Solomon, Susanna, Bell of the Dragon?
What about Mormon scripture? Are posts about the Book of Mormon, Doctrine & Covenants, Pearl of Great Price & Joseph Smith History not allowed in this forum?
Is it ok to post about Old testament scripture that are part of the belief structure of Islam and Judaism? Just the New Testament? Only the 4 gospels?
Is it a rule that we must always post in accordance with a belief in the Nicene creed?

I just want to make sure I understand what type of forum this is.
Thanks again.

Last edited by SuperSoul; 05-13-2011 at 04:17 PM..

Old 05-13-2011, 04:18 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,023,019 times
If you know Jesus and follow His lead then you will not have any problems other than some people may not agree with every thing you may say and you will have to resist the pride nature ..........You will still need to read the rules and regulation for City-Data forums ......

Old 05-13-2011, 04:39 PM

Thanks, hljc.

So, was there some fine print I missed in the forum rules about which scriptures we must believe in?

Hebrew Bible?
Greek Septuagint?
Latin Vulgate?
King James Version?
None ok?
Appocrypha?

Old 05-13-2011, 05:01 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,976 times
Quote:

Which ever christian religion you practice.
I'm a Divine Love christian and I post on here. Most don't like what I have to say but, as with everyone else, it's an opinion and I am the only one who can carry my own Truth. It's not for anyone to say if you are right or wrong but to share and enjoy each others company. I've learned some things here that I like and I've learned some things that would make me cringe. You are the only one in charge of you so express yourself the way you would want others to see you for you. We are Love and Love cannot go wrong but we sure can err sometimes!

Old 05-13-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Which ever christian religion you practice.
I'm a Divine Love christian and I post on here. Most don't like what I have to say but, as with everyone else, it's an opinion and I am the only one who can carry my own Truth. It's not for anyone to say if you are right or wrong but to share and enjoy each others company. I've learned some things here that I like and I've learned some things that would make me cringe. You are the only one in charge of you so express yourself the way you would want others to see you for you. We are Love and Love cannot go wrong but we sure can err sometimes!
Beautifully put, Reverend!

Old 05-13-2011, 05:20 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,435,584 times
Quote:

Well regardless of what you post you will get 'into trouble' with some members of the forum.....but thats their problem.The site would be awfully boring if everybody agreed on everything all the time.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:48 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,976,114 times
Quote:
I agree - there are so many beautiful parables of truth in the bible!
Still, I'm wondering - which scriptures am I required to follow, in order to post on this forum?
Any ones you want, or none at all.

Quote:
Catholic? -Can a poster make comments on Catholic biblical books like the Esdras, Tobit, Judith, Wisdom of Solomon, Susanna, Bell of the Dragon?
Of course.
Quote:
What about Mormon scripture? Are posts about the Book of Mormon, Doctrine & Covenants, Pearl of Great Price & Joseph Smith History not allowed in this forum?
Fair game.
Quote:
Is it ok to post about Old testament scripture that are part of the belief structure of Islam and Judaism? Just the New Testament? Only the 4 gospels?
Any ones you want.
Quote:
Is it a rule that we must always post in accordance with a belief in the Nicene creed?
Of course not.

Keep in mind that if you are part of a minority, your beliefs will be attacked from time to time. It comes with the territory. There are all kinds of people on this forum, some of them wonderful, genuine, open-minded and respectful of everyone else. There are others who are constantly trying to pick a fight and who pretty much have no tolerance for differences of opinion. You'll figure it out soon enough, trust me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity