Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2011, 06:54 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,590,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
The Holy Spirit is the messenger that brings to our soul God's Divine Love. It is God's highest spiritual energy that He uses for this purpose. So the term "having the Holy Spirit in me" is really incorrect... as it is God's awesome Love that comes to us when our soul is awakened by it longings. Yes, it is very possible to prove it. You will know you are receiving it when you feel a warmth near your heart. Jesus' disciples felt it as the Pentecostal showers... this is like warm waves after waves after waves. I received this once in my life for eight straight hours and it was such an incredible feeling.

The Holy Spirit doesn't lead people to it, but rather our search for the truth about God and His love will. I have met people who have received this Love and I could feel it when I spoke to them. Seek for God's Divine Love with your heart and soul and God will send His Holy Spirit in answer your prayers. Blessings.

What Is the Holy Spirit and how It works (http://tinyurl.com/3hlo95a - broken link)

If I am understanding you right, you are suggesting that having the Holy Spirit is an experience that " Feels like a warmth near your heart." Which would be a " Physical kind of thing occuring within the body", a kind of " Inner heat wave." I must say that I have not read this description in scripture, but I must also say that such a physical description has been experienced by millions of humans, who are not believers in God, but have felt the heat waves in other circumstances, which had nothing to do with a religious experience.

So In my view, your description of how to know you have Gods Spirit, is vauge.

Peace.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 06:56 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Would be a very strange world if we were all as perfect as the ones who would have us believe as they do

If you are breathing you have His Spirit within you. There are no "signs".
Amen it would be a "strange" world if we all were that perfect and that's why we're not!! I love the fact that we are all imperfect, even with the Spirit!!

Old 07-20-2011, 06:59 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
If I am understanding you right, you are suggesting that having the Holy Spirit is an experience that " Feels like a warmth near your heart." Which would be a " Physical kind of thing occuring within the body", a kind of " Inner heat wave." I must say that I have not read this description in scripture, but I must also say that such a physical description has been experienced by millions of humans, who are not believers in God, but have felt the heat waves in other circumstances, which had nothing to do with a religious experience.

Peace.
I believe your view is right on with the Holy Spirit !!!

Old 07-20-2011, 08:14 AM

2,065 posts, read 2,160,407 times
Quote:

Peace.
Luke 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Keep in mind that Luke wasn't referring to "heartburn," but rather the sensation of God's Divine Love.

Once again, it isn't feeling the Holy Spirit... the warm sensation is God's Divine Love, which is His essence or substance that we receive into our souls. It is a physical thing because our soul is inside of our body... and we all have a soul, so yes, that is correct. And this feeling is not to be confused with any type of "inner heat wave" that women may feel during their change of life cycle.

I'll add here that sometimes the "temperature" of God's Love is different. I have felt it burning in my soul as well... and also it may be felt much cooler to other people. When our souls long for it, there is an unmistakeable feeling of this longing.

God's Divine Love is in the earth's atmosphere and surrounds each and every one of us. However, it won't come into our souls without an invitation, but God is always knocking on the door hoping we will answer it, so His Holy Spirit can deliver it to us. When we pray for this Love, it will come in response to our prayers. That's how we know what it is... as action equals results.

When our soul becomes completely transformed, or purified, with God's Divine Love... this is the New Birth.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:20 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I agree 100%. Not there myself yet(God desires truth in the inward parts),but God has not finished with me yet.

Surely you desire truth in the inner parts; you teach me wisdom in the inmost place.
Jesus said..."You will know them by their fruit..." Therefore, anyone I encounter who is judgmental of others and spiritually prideful of their knowledge vs. others knowledge...has some pretty rotten fruit IMHO and are ones I stear clear of. Just saying...

When one can live in harmony with others, being completely nonjudgmental and accepting of others, loving others as they would themselves...these are those we should seek to spend time with and learn from for they have truly FOUND God.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:50 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,521,713 times
Quote:
When our soul becomes completely transformed, or purified, with God's Divine Love... this is the New Birth.

Not according to the Bible. But, I understand the channeled spirit of "christ" you follow denies the biblical Jesus.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Not according to the Bible. But, I understand the channeled spirit of "christ" you follow denies the biblical Jesus.
The channeled spirit of Christ is Jesus. If you would take the time to read his messages, you'll know it's him. As I said, the proof is in the pudding. Jesus' teaching is to pray for God's Divine Love. Following this most easy thing to do brings results. Blessings.

http://www.truthforallpeople.com

Old 07-20-2011, 09:14 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,521,713 times
Quote:
The channeled spirit of Christ is Jesus. If you would take the time to read his messages, you'll know it's him. As I said, the proof is in the pudding. Jesus' teaching is to pray for God's Divine Love. Following this most easy thing to do brings results. Blessings.

Truth For All People God Divine Love Soul Spirit Messages Prayer Faith Destiny Spiritual Life Healing Jesus Teachings Angels World Belief Mind Body Peace Earth Choice Universal Laws Celestial Heavens Freedom Soulmates Gift New Birth Holy Spirit Manki

I have read them and find "he" specifically rejects the Biblical revelation of Jesus Christ. It seems odd to me that if he's the same Jesus, he'd reject himself.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:24 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,590,271 times
Quote:
Luke 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Keep in mind that Luke wasn't referring to "heartburn," but rather the sensation of God's Divine Love.

Once again, it isn't feeling the Holy Spirit... the warm sensation is God's Divine Love, which is His essence or substance that we receive into our souls. It is a physical thing because our soul is inside of our body... and we all have a soul, so yes, that is correct. And this feeling is not to be confused with any type of "inner heat wave" that women may feel during their change of life cycle.

I'll add here that sometimes the "temperature" of God's Love is different. I have felt it burning in my soul as well... and also it may be felt much cooler to other people. When our souls long for it, there is an unmistakeable feeling of this longing.

God's Divine Love is in the earth's atmosphere and surrounds each and every one of us. However, it won't come into our souls without an invitation, but God is always knocking on the door hoping we will answer it, so His Holy Spirit can deliver it to us. When we pray for this Love, it will come in response to our prayers. That's how we know what it is... as action equals results.

Interesting. In my study of " The New Birth", I come away with the understanding that the human is " Literally Born again", and " All Things" are new with them, nothing is the same. Their nature and characther is not the same, their understanding is not the same, their whole lives are different, and everyonelse around them will know it because they will be like a " City , set on a hill." In my study of this new birth, its not something " Normal, which can be hidden from self or others."

1John 5: states some interesting charactheristics of this " Born Again phenom." They will " Overcome the world", which in my view would be an awe inspiring thing to be able to do. They will " Love everybody", 1John 4:7-10. I KNOW I don't love everyone, so a person can conversely know that they are not born again. 1John 3:9 states that those born of God do NOT practice sin, and amazingly further states that they CANNOT sin. I know that excludes me, I have no doubt about it.

Neither do I have doubts that I have not met any human who is like this. So I am not clear on this new birth, because it would be a type of human that I have never seen before. And there are other scriptures that are even more descriptive of how these unusual humans would be. " IF" they even would still be human.

Peace.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Interesting. In my study of " The New Birth", I come away with the understanding that the human is " Literally Born again", and " All Things" are new with them, nothing is the same. Their nature and characther is not the same, their understanding is not the same, their whole lives are different, and everyonelse around them will know it because they will be like a " City , set on a hill." In my study of this new birth, its not something " Normal, which can be hidden from self or others."

1John 5: states some interesting charactheristics of this " Born Again phenom." They will " Overcome the world", which in my view would be an awe inspiring thing to be able to do. They will " Love everybody", 1John 4:7-10. I KNOW I don't love everyone, so a person can conversely know that they are not born again. 1John 3:9 states that those born of God do NOT practice sin, and amazingly further states that they CANNOT sin. I know that excludes me, I have no doubt about it.

Neither do I have doubts that I have not met any human who is like this. So I am not clear on this new birth, because it would be a type of human that I have never seen before. And there are other scriptures that are even more descriptive of how these unusual humans would be. " IF" they even would still be human.

Peace.
The New Birth has to do with our soul and not our physical bodies. It is our soul's condition that is the most important thing about who and what we are. As you know, there isn't much written in the Bible about a soul, what it is, where it came from and where it's going. The only person who attained the highest level of soul transformation that I'm aware of is Jesus. He became a Divine man on earth. His teachings are that we can also accomplish this if it is our desire to do so. I know many people who receive God's Divine Love and, no, none of us have yet risen to his level, but it is possible... while we are still living on this earth.

So how will we know, or anyone else know, if we ever become Divine? There will be a change in our personality traits and our love natures. We will love everyone unconditionally with a tender, gentle and caring love. We will not sin, as it will no longer be a part of us. We will be forgiving, tolerant and most of all, we will be extremely joyous and happy people. Our souls will be at peace. We will not be sad or miserable. We will not worry or have fear, but rather we will be lifted up by the Love of God and we will be blessed by Him with everything that we need.

So knowing that it is God's Holy Spirit that is instrumental in this and all we need to do is pray for God's Divine Love. Very simple.

Blessings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity