Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 05:34 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,399,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Well I understand the many views are differing, and I do agree with those who translate "The Kingdom is " Amoung " you, rather than " In" you. Jesus was the personification of the Kingdom, and of God himself, saying that if you have seen him, you have seen the Father. The bible states that no man can see God and Live, so is that contridiction, so no matter what is said, we simply need more understanding of what was written. We just need understanding, even to understand what Jesus said at times.

And I am convinced that we will see it differently, BECAUSE the Spirit of God has NOT combined all believers in their understanding, further evidence, in my view, that it is not here to remain. When the Spirit comes, all believers in God who are to be annointed at that time, will be on one accord. It will just be " one way" to view scripture, Gods way.

Now we view it our way. And we are not on one accord, or unified. This is further evidence that the Spirit is not here.

It willNOT be that you think you have Gods Spirit and the fruits of it come out of you Monday, perhaps tuesday, wensday something happens and you sin, thursday you feel slightly better, friday you kick the cat, saturday you feel spiritual and sunday satan knocks you down. No, no , If the Spirit is in you, it is consistant, you will always be a new creature, always be at Peace. You will be like Christ, consistant, and unable to sin. The whole armour of God will be your natural state of being, you will always be joyful, not just part of the time. You won't be yourself anymore, you will be born again, a complettely different being!

And many have taken this for granted and " Become Kings before their time", because thats what most have been taught. And the " Period of restoration" that the bible speaks of to come, I think will mostly be a " Cleasnsing of the mind", because we have engulfed so much error into our believing consciousness, that our heads will need restoring.

Peace.

I'm curious then ... how do you see the battle that Paul speaks of in Romans 7 between the flesh and the spirit playing out now? How was it that Paul said he, himself, served God with his mind (in other words, his new man), but not with his flesh (old man)? Or do you believe this only applied to Paul and others at that time, but not to people now?

Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 05:37 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,593,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is not that we are unable to sin. Paul said that believers are "dead to sin", but that does not mean we are unable to sin. To me it means that but DESIRE to HABITUAL and WILLFUL sin is dead, but slips are possible. As a matter of fact they are unavoidable. Every believer has sinned one way or another since their conversion. But yes, we are a new creation after we are born again. We do not enter eternal life when we die, we enter eternal life/kingdom of heaven the moment we are born again.

Well I think the timing of your belief is off. When Christ returns and certain believers are caught up into the air, the bible states that they will be changed in the twinkling of an eye, that to me is the new birth, being born again, totally transformed, no gestation or embryo period, just instant change from flesh to Spirit. A total new creation unable to sin ever again.

Peace.

Old 07-20-2011, 05:47 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,626,646 times
Quote:
Well I think the timing of your belief is off. When Christ returns and certain believers are caught up into the air, the bible states that they will be changed in the twinkling of an eye, that to me is the new birth, being born again, totally transformed, no gestation or embryo period, just instant change from flesh to Spirit. A total new creation unable to sin ever again.

Peace.
Oh!! You believe in a rapture? Let's elaborate on that!

Old 07-20-2011, 05:53 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
I do not believe Gods Spirit is here, because where his Spirit is, there is Peace, and Peace certainly is not here on earth. I don't believe that part of Gods Kingdom comes when his Spirit vists earth, I view the Kingdom of God as " Geographic", it is a literal Place where God lives. I think Gods Kingdom is not even in the same dimension as the physical world. If part of Gods Kingdom came to earth, Born again people could see it, including the Angels on earth now, and demons.

None of those things are seen. Not by men.

The Spirit of God is just so greatly " Coveted" by believers, they simply have claimed it before their time.

Peace.
Peace, joy, love etc fruits of the Spirit are in the hearts and minds of the believers. It is a taste of what is to come.

Old 07-20-2011, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I'm curious then ... how do you see the battle that Paul speaks of in Romans 7 between the flesh and the spirit playing out now? How was it that Paul said he, himself, served God with his mind (in other words, his new man), but not with his flesh (old man)? Or do you believe this only applied to Paul and others at that time, but not to people now?

Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.

I think Paul was different, and the church then was different. I believe that time was different, yes. I think Paul may have had Gods Spirit, but he also still had God and satan on his back. Pressuring him, I am not sure why. Perhaps trying to contain him, stunt his growth, or slow down his zeal, keep him weak. But Paul must have been different, because even when he was weak, he was still strong, most likely BECAUSE of Gods Spirit, but an intense battle was occuring within him. He was a " Firstfruit", and they just had to go through certain things.

Pauls consciousness was converted while living in the flesh, or submitting to the law of God with his mind, while still having a human body. You know, really, thats a bad situation to be in, its not this joyful thing christianity is teaching and believing. IF a human has Gods Spirit in a body of flesh, I view that as contridiction in reality, two oppisites forced to live in union. This is one reason why Jesus was a man of " Sorrows', he had to live like this. This nuclear mix. But anyhow, God gave them the ability to endure.

I believe the versus in Romans 7, only apply to the annointed of God during the firstfruits church, and the last church to come, these two groups perhaps require the Spirit because of the circumstances God did put them through, and will put them through. But still I am unsure about it, I do not believe the last church has yet to come. They will be unlike any humans on earth, yet they will be humans from earth. But you see, they are going to be so fine tuned by Gods Spirit, that they willNOT be normal humans, not in my view.

They will be " Greater than Paul and John", not pressed by this battle with sin. Because they will be so close to God, so close to the end of an age, so close to their total transformation, that they will be untouchable. But that too will be a different time. So our understanding of things is just " Off." But our heads are so thick, we can't see it. Our pride so puffed, we can't comprehend what God means about things.

Peace.

Old 07-20-2011, 05:58 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:

Peace.
Yes, I agree about that, but being born again and being resurrection are two different things. When we are resurrected we will physically change into a spirit and enter the world of spirits, and yes, we will be able to see angels and Jesus Christ Himself.

Old 07-20-2011, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Oh!! You believe in a rapture? Let's elaborate on that!
I do not adhere to rapture doctrines, I believe that when God returns, that he will grab up his church into the air, perform their change there, and bring them right down with him.

Peace.

Old 07-20-2011, 06:04 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,841,188 times
Signs That a 'Believer' Lacks the Holy Spirit
The question itself is conjecture -- All true 'Believers' ARE born again in God's Holy Spirit (the have the Spirit) -- Non-believers are NOT born again in God's Holy Spirit (they lack the Spirit).

If you are suggesting that some 'claim' to be 'true believers' in Jesus Christ ... yet, are not, you are probably correct, but, the Bible tells us that "we will know them by their fruit." It really isn't that difficult! Believers make that judgment every day as they determine whether their work with others involves 'Evangelism' or 'Discipleship' (A believer cannot be 're-saved' and a non-believer cannot be 'discipled.'

God's final separation of believers from non-believers will be as uncomplicated as separating 'wheat from tares' (or for illustration sake, watermelons from walnuts).

Old 07-20-2011, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, I agree about that, but being born again and being resurrection are two different things. When we are resurrected we will physically change into a spirit and enter the world of spirits, and yes, we will be able to see angels and Jesus Christ Himself.

Well only those dead will need ressurection, not to be confused with being born again, yes. Concerning the ressurection though, it is of intrest that God will ressurect humans in their dead bodies, and then change them. Why not ressurect them already in their new bodies? Theres something about that which is interesting.

Peace.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:05 AM

910 posts, read 1,338,870 times
Quote:

Peace.
Be careful about your interpretation of
a) caught up
b) air

These words do not mean what most people think they do
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity