Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 12:39 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times

Advertisements

"The word is sharper than any two-edged sword but many do not comprehend the point, which penetrates to the heart of the matter."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 12:44 PM

1,491 posts, read 3,117,746 times
I just offer to buy them a meal because I simply will not give someone money to support a destructive habit. If they don't want it then I give them a card for the homeless shelter that I work at and tell them to come by, get a meal and some new clothes, or even better, an opportunity for a better life through Christ Jesus.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:13 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,867,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Heading down the highway and saw this big dust clould. Came up to a bad accident that just happened. Dang I thought. Coulda been me if I was at that place a half a minute sooner.
Last month I too got delayed fora few minutes by a beggar. After I gave him some money, I drove off. Just as I passed a junction, some moron shot a red light and drove into the side of me. Dang I thought. If I hadn't been delayed for those few minutes I'd have missed that!.

Just coincidence dude...just coincidence.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:38 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,554,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Last month I too got delayed fora few minutes by a beggar. After I gave him some money, I drove off. Just as I passed a junction, some moron shot a red light and drove into the side of me. Dang I thought. If I hadn't been delayed for those few minutes I'd have missed that!.

Just coincidence dude...just coincidence.
I seem to have a fair number of "coincidences" in my life. More than my fair share....

Like the time....

And the other time....

And when...

Old 07-26-2011, 02:57 PM

5,585 posts, read 6,515,763 times
Sorry, I don't believe in coincidences. God always has a reason...... That is why I no longer get angry, disappointed or upset when something delays me, doesn't go my way, or doesn't work out. Look back some time later and you will realize it was for a God reason. Even the car accident, there was as God message for someone going on there (think about it and all the people involved in that incident, who got Jesus Christ brought into their life somehow)?????

Old 07-26-2011, 07:25 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,226,462 times
Matthew 25:31-46
“But when the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit upon his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered in his presence, and he will separate the people as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will place the sheep at his right hand and the goats at his left. 34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. 36 I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.’ 37 “Then these righteous ones will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? 39 When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 “And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’ 41 “Then the King will turn to those on the left and say, ‘Away with you, you cursed ones, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his demons. 42 For I was hungry, and you didn’t feed me. I was thirsty, and you didn’t give me a drink. 43 I was a stranger, and you didn’t invite me into your home. I was naked, and you didn’t give me clothing. I was sick and in prison, and you didn’t visit me.’ 44 “Then they will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and not help you?’ 45 “And he will answer, ‘I tell you the truth, when you refused to help the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were refusing to help me.’
46 “And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous will go into eternal life.”

A while ago I was reading that passage and God spoke to me. I felt convicted because there were many times in my life when I didn't help those less fortunate than me. I give regardless of what that person is going to do with the money. God says to give...I don't see where He says "unless the person is going to buy drugs or alcohol." I'm not going to be judged for their actions, but I will be judged for mine.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
Look back some time later and you will realize it was for a God reason. Even the car accident, there was as God message for someone going on there (think about it and all the people involved in that incident, who got Jesus Christ brought into their life somehow)?????
One would think that an allegedly omnipotent deity would have a better way of introducing its self than involving people in motor accidents.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:12 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,122,397 times
Quote:
One would think that an allegedly omnipotent deity would have a better way of introducing its self than involving people in motor accidents.
An omnipotent deity would have thoughts and motivations all its own. Stop smirking and understand this!

Old 07-27-2011, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
An omnipotent deity would have thoughts and motivations all its own. Stop smirking and understand this!
Cop out!

Old 07-27-2011, 01:12 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,122,397 times
Quote:
Cop out!
No, it's not a cop-out. Do you really think a Supreme Being would think just like a human? An omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent Creator? Just consider the difference between how an adult human thinks and how a human child thinks. Consider the human being's inability to comprehend the geological ages that have come and gone to produce the earth as it currently is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity