Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 02:29 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Well folks, I am not offering my opinion, but just quoting the Bible. Now if you have an opinion that's fine. We are are all entitled to our opinion.

Me? I prefer to to base my theology on the Word. Anything else IMO is just speculation and conjecture.
That's just it. When you quote the bible, it's not you doing the talking. You are reiterating what someone else said. You are being a mindless robot and therefore, you are not giving your own opinion. Even quoting the bible is speculation and conjecture. Jesus set us all free of bondage and when we use the bible as an excuse, we are not free because the bible puts one in the bondage of the past. You will never be free until you start living your own life and not someone elses. All you fundies do is live someone elses life like it were your own. Well, it's not. You are you and the writers and editors of the bible are other people. Just let go and let God and everything will work out just fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 06:32 AM

4,596 posts, read 6,427,227 times
Isaiah 9:6,7 says:
For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
7 Of the greatness of his government and peace
there will be no end.
He will reign on David’s throne
and over his kingdom,
establishing and upholding it
with justice and righteousness
from that time on and forever

Old 08-03-2011, 06:37 AM

37,465 posts, read 61,396,384 times
Jesus is our brother.

Jesus and us, God knew all of us from before the foundation of the world.

Jesus said that 'we' [his followers] would be greater than he is.

Paul tells us to have the same attitude as Jesus has in thinking himself on par with God.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:42 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,212,046 times
Do Christians actually know and understand exactly what it means TO PUT ON THE MIND OF CHRIST???????????

Can you explain this to me??????????

Old 08-03-2011, 08:26 AM

4,596 posts, read 6,427,227 times
We are not divine, Jesus is. Through Christ, those who know and trust Him share in the Divine nature to the extent that we "participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires." (2 Peter 1:4). But this does not mean believers are deity, only that God redeems them by giving them a new, holy nature that derives from God. Gill's exposition breaks it down like this:

"that by these you might be partakers of the divine nature; not essentially, or of the essence of God, so as to be deified, this is impossible, for the nature, perfections, and glory of God, are incommunicable to creatures; nor, hypostatically and personally, so as the human nature of Christ, in union with the Son of God, is a partaker of the divine nature in him; but by way of resemblance and likeness, the new man or principle of grace, being formed in the heart in regeneration, after the image of God, and bearing a likeness to the image of his Son, and this is styled, Christ formed in the heart, into which image and likeness the saints are more and more changed, from glory to glory, through the application of the Gospel, and the promises of it, by which they have such sights of Christ as do transform them, and assimilate them to him; and which resemblance will be perfected hereafter, when they shall be entirely like him, and see him as he is:"

Old 08-03-2011, 09:03 AM

23,015 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Well folks, I am not offering my opinion, but just quoting the Bible. Now if you have an opinion that's fine. We are are all entitled to our opinion.

Me? I prefer to to base my theology on the Word. Anything else IMO is just speculation and conjecture.
I agree, that's how I know that Jesus is God.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:16 AM

672 posts, read 665,388 times
Quote:
Where does Bible say Jesus is God
Where does the bible say Jesus is not God ?

Old 08-03-2011, 09:56 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,546,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
So is the bible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
That's just it. When you quote the bible, it's not you doing the talking. You are reiterating what someone else said. .
So on what authority do you base your opinions re. God? Some other book written by man?

The Bible is like an owner's manual-like on for your car. The manufactuar of your car included one when you bought the car. Same goes for the Bible. God created all.

And BTW this thread is about: Where does the Bible say Jesus is God. I and others simply pointed out where it does.

Last edited by Mr5150; 08-03-2011 at 10:14 AM..

Old 08-03-2011, 10:06 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savedbysovereigngrace View Post

Where does the bible say Jesus is not God ?
I am fairly Certain Jesus(as) is not a Unicorn. Where does the bible say Jesus(as) is not a unicorn. Based on your premise that Jesus(as) must be God(swt) because the bible does not say he is not, the same logic would be he must be a Unicorn because the bible does not say he is not a unicorn..

Old 08-03-2011, 10:36 AM

488 posts, read 1,251,642 times
since the bible does say that Jesus is God, and true believers who are ready for His coming do know this fact already, I don't know what is still unclear or what this useless, nonsensical debate is about..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity