Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 06:15 PM

130 posts, read 164,469 times

Advertisements

Would some of you be willing to talk about some of the books of the Bible, every chapter and verse over the coming time, this one is only five chapters(1 John), not fighting topics and whipping people with verses, systematically studying and talking about a book and all the verses in it in context, in order, without violating other verses. Understanding God's Word in Truth, to obey it.

How about trying to write a verse and explain it in this thread, I will start another for the book of Romans,

Can we start with chapter one and work through it, we are to be children, a child could understand the Bible, for they are innocent and loving God seeking the truth with their whole spirit

I welcome all to give it a try, quote verse one of chapter one and then write what it means, go to the next verse and so forth, it will be fun

building a foundation stone on stone 66 stones or books, I want to start with two stones

example:
verse 1 John 1:1
That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of Life;

explanation,
Jesus was from the beginning of always or eternal, the we or the apostles heard Him, they saw Him, He is God, they touched Him so He was flesh and bones, He is the Word, It is Life, He is Life, He is the Bible or Word of God, worship your Bible you will be ok, this parallells John Ch 1 verse one and after, He is creator of all things

verse 1 John 1:2
(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us

explanation,
Jesus is life, he starts it, is in control of it, life is a person and He can be and was seen, it takes Him constantly holding it together, it is not on its own as evolution has gotten in peoples head, they bore witness that He was God, Jesus is eternal life, for it was the with the Father and is Him, but it clearly states hear Jesus is eternal life and that He(eternal life) was manifested to them. All life comes from Him. God is a person, we are to bear witness and testify of Him and His Word.

Ok two verses, i have given examples, please I would Love and so would God, if people would try going through the entire book of 1 John this way, stay in context, in your own words explain the truth of each verse, stay in order please, you can site other verses is great

With love, please even if you are new to the Bible you can do this, it will change you, to work this way and not fight topics, it will change this place
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 08:11 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah to come View Post
Would some of you be willing to talk about some of the books of the Bible, every chapter and verse over the coming time, this one is only five chapters(1 John), not fighting topics and whipping people with verses, systematically studying and talking about a book and all the verses in it in context, in order, without violating other verses. Understanding God's Word in Truth, to obey it.

How about trying to write a verse and explain it in this thread, I will start another for the book of Romans,

Can we start with chapter one and work through it, we are to be children, a child could understand the Bible, for they are innocent and loving God seeking the truth with their whole spirit

I welcome all to give it a try, quote verse one of chapter one and then write what it means, go to the next verse and so forth, it will be fun

building a foundation stone on stone 66 stones or books, I want to start with two stones

example:
verse 1 John 1:1
That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of Life;

explanation,
Jesus was from the beginning of always or eternal, the we or the apostles heard Him, they saw Him, He is God, they touched Him so He was flesh and bones, He is the Word, It is Life, He is Life, He is the Bible or Word of God, worship your Bible you will be ok, this parallells John Ch 1 verse one and after, He is creator of all things

verse 1 John 1:2
(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us

explanation,
Jesus is life, he starts it, is in control of it, life is a person and He can be and was seen, it takes Him constantly holding it together, it is not on its own as evolution has gotten in peoples head, they bore witness that He was God, Jesus is eternal life, for it was the with the Father and is Him, but it clearly states hear Jesus is eternal life and that He(eternal life) was manifested to them. All life comes from Him. God is a person, we are to bear witness and testify of Him and His Word.

Ok two verses, i have given examples, please I would Love and so would God, if people would try going through the entire book of 1 John this way, stay in context, in your own words explain the truth of each verse, stay in order please, you can site other verses is great

With love, please even if you are new to the Bible you can do this, it will change you, to work this way and not fight topics, it will change this place
Greetings Elijah, my brother and my friend.

I look forward to meeting with you on both of your threads...this one and the one on Romans......I'll begin in the morning along with my first cup of coffee...for now though...I am very sleepy and I am calling it a day.

Talk with you in the morning.

Good night and God bless you,
Verna.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:21 AM

Default 1 John 1:

1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us

3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

Amen. Bless Your holy Word Father.

John calls our attention to Jesus...His Goodness...His Excellance...and His being equal with the Father. He Who appeared before them (the Apostles) in human form...they walked with Him...talked with Him...learned from Him...listened to Him...saw Him work miracles...watched Him being crucified on the cross for sinners...and afterwards, rose from the dead...they saw Him...they touched Him and spoke to Him after His resurrection...and so had full proof of His blessed resurrection. The Word of Life...the Word of God...the Author and Giver of eternal life...can you imagine being there too...wow...

John hopes that believer's might share their peace and happiness... that they might have the same views of the Saviour which he had, and partake of the same hope and joy. This is true fellowship with the Father...God the Father...only through His beloved Son Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit...ONLY...Exclusively.

Like John...those who truly fellowship with the Father, will desire nothing more than to lead other's to experience this same precious...most wonderful loving relationship with our Father. Amen.

In His love,
Verna.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:56 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,162 times
1 John 1:1-3 Witnesses of the truth, the whole truth which is God the Father thru God the son and affirmed by God the Holy Spirit and written into the very book which many wish to reject as primative and superstitious. There were a multitude of witnesses to every word of the NT and these three verses confirm those witnesses.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:57 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
Whole Epistle of 1 John in order is OP...... 1 John 1: 4..``And these things we write to you so that your joy may be full``...... writes that he intends to give revelation into the things of truth which will help believer come closer the Lord Jesus which is a joy ...........Verse 5...`` This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all``........ means the message that john learned is that God is an eternal light of Goodness and there is No darkness at all in him which is the true character of the Lord which would mean that there is no darkness in Heaven , because Heaven is the Lord and he lives everywhere in Heaven as his very being light up all Heaven as there is No night time ......verse 6.....``If we say that we have fellowship with him and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth....``.....see some may be born again but still need to forsake more sin to all sin and the more we get sin out of our lives and become developed in the nature of the ways of God then , he will have more fellowship with this believers and lead then into his Children.........

Old 04-14-2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us

3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

Amen. Bless Your holy Word Father.

John calls our attention to Jesus...His Goodness...His Excellance...and His being equal with the Father. He Who appeared before them (the Apostles) in human form...they walked with Him...talked with Him...learned from Him...listened to Him...saw Him work miracles...watched Him being crucified on the cross for sinners...and afterwards, rose from the dead...they saw Him...they touched Him and spoke to Him after His resurrection...and so had full proof of His blessed resurrection. The Word of Life...the Word of God...the Author and Giver of eternal life...can you imagine being there too...wow...

John hopes that believer's might share their peace and happiness... that they might have the same views of the Saviour which he had, and partake of the same hope and joy. This is true fellowship with the Father...God the Father...only through His beloved Son Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit...ONLY...Exclusively.

Like John...those who truly fellowship with the Father, will desire nothing more than to lead other's to experience this same precious...most wonderful loving relationship with our Father. Amen.

In His love,
Verna.
...just a note...the "wink" smiley did not get there intentionally...it was supossed to be a semi-colon followed by a perenthesis.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:18 PM

Sorry have been busy today, thank you for the posts, this is a good start, please if those who posted and all that would like to join in would work on the first whole chapter here that would be great, I would like to hear what all of you say, It is amazing how easy it is to get to the truth when you leave it intact and just try to get to the bottom of each verse as it is. The Holy Spirit will teach all things

I want to say that I have read the posts above and the truth is there, thank you very much, the verses ahead as we get thru this will be more difficult for many to accept in other chapters, I encourage everyone to hear what God says in this book, with love Pastor Timothy

Old 04-15-2011, 02:54 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,220 times
"1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us; )
4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. Like all scripture, these first verses are part of John's testimony of what he had seen and heard from the Father regarding the Christ, God dwelling in man. Christ Jesus was the "head," in whom the fulness of God dwelt bodily. Now we are to continue the practice, God is to continually dwell bodily in us, and us in Him. We are called to be Light, to dwell in Light, to manifest Light, to come to the Light. The Word was made flesh. The Word is still alive today as it always was, and is to dwell in your flesh and mine, just as it was in Jesus; the Word speaks to us today (if we will hear it), just as it spoke to John in this letter.

5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. Amen! We can know God by looking for what is right and Truthful. People often think that only "Christians" walk in the Light, but walking in the Light is a practice that has nothing to do with a label. Many Christians do not know how to walk in the Light. This is a travesty. (And it shows how lip service is not the same as walking the walk.)

6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: See comment in the next verse.

7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. This is important. This is the key to this chapter, imo. When does the blood of Jesus (the Life of Jesus) cleanse us? When we walk in God (the Light). It's not prayer that cleanses us, nor any outward cleaning, but our walking in God that cleanses our consciousness. It is a continual cleansing, as we walk in Light.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. Indeed, we need to recognize our need for Him in order to enjoy Him!

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. This does not mean we must confess our deeds to other people; it simply means that if we recognize that we are in need of His righteousness, then we are made whole. Making a list of our mistakes is not what the scriptures teach us to do. Rather, we ought to forgive and cover sins, just as Jesus did. The recognition of our needfulness is what is necessary.

10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us." All mankind was put into sin through Adam. This was part of God's plan for all humanity, so that He could put all mankind into Adam 2, Christ Jesus our Saviour.

Just a few thoughts..!

Blessings,
brian

Old 04-15-2011, 03:10 AM

thank you brian, I will be interested to see how ch 3 and other places comes when you get there, thank you for writing very much, I would like you to consider if I under stand you write that you are saying Christians can walk in darkness and be a Christians, God says those that walk in darkness and live in sin are not his, Ch says that is how we tell a Christian from one who is not. We are not to be deceived by those who walk in darkness or live in sin and say they are christians for God says they are lying, salt water and fresh do not come out of the same place thinking,

I would be greatly interested in a reply if you should want, and if you continue in the laying things out it would be great, you have many great things to say and you laid things out well, thank you, with love timothy

Old 04-15-2011, 03:30 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah to come View Post
thank you brian, I will be interested to see how ch 3 and other places comes when you get there, thank you for writing very much, I would like you to consider if I under stand you write that you are saying Christians can walk in darkness and be a Christians, God says those that walk in darkness and live in sin are not his, Ch says that is how we tell a Christian from one who is not. We are not to be deceived by those who walk in darkness or live in sin and say they are christians for God says they are lying, salt water and fresh do not come out of the same place thinking,

I would be greatly interested in a reply if you should want, and if you continue in the laying things out it would be great, you have many great things to say and you laid things out well, thank you, with love timothy
Hi Timothy,
I most certainly agree with you that if a Christian walks in darkness (dishonesty, bitterness, envy, etc) then he is not walking in God/Light.

I think it's easy to be deceived into looking only at the "appearance," or what people "declare" with their mouths. We must look not only at words but also (and perhaps especially) at actions.

Blessings!
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity