Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2011, 08:10 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,636,718 times

Advertisements

eNews for September 27, 2011

"The medical center's page on the NHS Choices website states that the doctors are all practicing Christians who are interested in talking about their faith with patients, saying, "The Partners feel that the offer of talking to you on spiritual matters is of great benefit. If you do not wish this, that is your right and will not affect your medical care. Please tell the doctor (or drop a note to the Practice Manager) if you do not wish to speak on matters of faith."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 08:51 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,698,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
eNews for September 27, 2011

"The medical center's page on the NHS Choices website states that the doctors are all practicing Christians who are interested in talking about their faith with patients, saying, "The Partners feel that the offer of talking to you on spiritual matters is of great benefit. If you do not wish this, that is your right and will not affect your medical care. Please tell the doctor (or drop a note to the Practice Manager) if you do not wish to speak on matters of faith."
Amen... Easy way to over come this threat with this "Conditional Use Permit" is have the patients sign an agreement upon admittance into medical facility that they agree with medical staff with participating in discussing their faith, prayer, etc., or not !!
It was quite interesting when I had surgery a while back they did offer this which I thought was a wonderful thing to give that patient the security of having a or their pastor able to come and pray and discuss whatever with you. Love this community and their deep convictions of faith.
Heck they even start a car race in prayer ending with "In the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."
My heart breaks for those who live in area's that are so anti-christ, PC doing all they can to eliminate Christ from everything like the article was speaking of home bible studies, whatever !!

Old 09-30-2011, 05:45 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,636,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Amen... Easy way to over come this threat with this "Conditional Use Permit" is have the patients sign an agreement upon admittance into medical facility that they agree with medical staff with participating in discussing their faith, prayer, etc., or not !!
It was quite interesting when I had surgery a while back they did offer this which I thought was a wonderful thing to give that patient the security of having a or their pastor able to come and pray and discuss whatever with you. Love this community and their deep convictions of faith.
Heck they even start a car race in prayer ending with "In the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."
My heart breaks for those who live in area's that are so anti-christ, PC doing all they can to eliminate Christ from everything like the article was speaking of home bible studies, whatever !!
It's a sad thing. I see no reason why the govt. has any right to fine a home Bible study. These people aren't asking anything from the government than to get out of their hair.

But I guess it's what should be expected in our Anti-christ super culture. On the bright side, maybe Oprah or Dr. Oz will fill us in on spiritual matters next episode telling us there are many paths to God and that witchcraft (Reiki) is medicine. (<sarcasm)

Old 09-30-2011, 07:37 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,698,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
It's a sad thing. I see no reason why the govt. has any right to fine a home Bible study. These people aren't asking anything from the government than to get out of their hair.

But I guess it's what should be expected in our Anti-christ super culture. On the bright side, maybe Oprah or Dr. Oz will fill us in on spiritual matters next episode telling us there are many paths to God and that witchcraft (Reiki) is medicine. (<sarcasm)
Yes, it is very sad !! Yet, that is what is to come as we draw nearer of the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Look at the time of the beginning of the church when they too had to hide in places to worship, fellowship, with the Lord and one another.

This world is not our home and Jesus reminds us of that all through the scripture !!

These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

\O/ Hallelujah, no man, government, whomever can take that from us

Just keep remembering the promises of our Lord God and Savior, Jesus Christ,
“Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you.”
So we say with confidence,
“The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?”
Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith. (Hebrews 13:5b-7)

There are so many to post, think of Joshua, Elijah, Jeremiah, all who dealt with the same anti-christ spirit always trying to stop the will of Gods mighty plan !!

The Lord will always make the way for those who seek to worship Him in spirit and truth and no one, absolutely no one will be able to stop it !!
They may try yet God will always destroy their ways, deception, manipulations, whatever it may be !!

Blessings....

Old 09-30-2011, 09:05 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,390,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Yes, it is very sad !! Yet, that is what is to come as we draw nearer of the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Look at the time of the beginning of the church when they too had to hide in places to worship, fellowship, with the Lord and one another.

This world is not our home and Jesus reminds us of that all through the scripture !!

These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

\O/ Hallelujah, no man, government, whomever can take that from us

Just keep remembering the promises of our Lord God and Savior, Jesus Christ,
“Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you.”
So we say with confidence,
“The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?”
Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith. (Hebrews 13:5b-7)

There are so many to post, think of Joshua, Elijah, Jeremiah, all who dealt with the same anti-christ spirit always trying to stop the will of Gods mighty plan !!

The Lord will always make the way for those who seek to worship Him in spirit and truth and no one, absolutely no one will be able to stop it !!
They may try yet God will always destroy their ways, deception, manipulations, whatever it may be !!

Blessings....

Old 10-02-2011, 01:49 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
I beg your pardon? It read to me as though some patients were being given the option of asking that, during medical treatment, they not be subjected to a lot of God - talk.

What's wrong with that?

Old 10-02-2011, 04:34 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
You would question whether card games or super football parties need a permit to have meeting in their private homes with out government taxes and fines........ I may see if these prayer group are collecting money and it is a business like a church may, but they say that it does not cross the lines of freedom of religion , which they are wrong, as they are passing laws that inhibit religion were people have to pay to study the bible for three people or very few people...shame of these governments leaders ........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity