Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 09:05 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Great, you start, give up your way of life and produce no carbon footprint. It shouldn't matter if I follow suit, taking that rational will change nothing.
It seems the attitude is that we would be better served ignoring the problem instead of actually taking even the smallest of baby steps to solve it. It doesn't take that much to lower your carbon footprint but it does require people willing to change...it requires people willing to care about the environment they are leaving behind for future generations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2011, 09:17 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,948,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
It seems the attitude is that we would be better served ignoring the problem instead of actually taking even the smallest of baby steps to solve it. It doesn't take that much to lower your carbon footprint but it does require people willing to change...it requires people willing to care about the environment they are leaving behind for future generations.

Well, one baby step would be for every environmentalist to give up their way of life and change in a way that could be seen to impact the issue significantly.

Lowering a carbon foot print to some degree is irrelevant, changing a few lightbulbs , recycling(which BTW produces more greenhouse gases than a land fill does) and driving a car less, is irrelevant to the issue.

Eliminate all things from your life that creates a carbon footprint, whether by manufacture or your own use.

It is easy to talk about it.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:22 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
Last ice age was millions of years ago.
Not the last glacial period that ended about 10,000 years ago, the one that covered the upper part of North America continent.

Yet that still is no explanation for the ancient tropical forests found in Alaska or the palm trees in Greenland.

Last edited by twin.spin; 10-18-2011 at 09:32 AM..

Old 10-18-2011, 09:24 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,636,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
Does anyone know the symbology behind the Star of David? It's a hexagram made up of two interlocking triangles. It's the eternal union of heaven and earth, masculine and feminine.

Masculine -- "Father" God

Feminine -- "Mother" Earth

The masculine and the feminine need to be brough back into harmony!
This has occult origins. The concept of the "Queen of Heaven."

The book of Daniel talks about the fourth kingdom where Iron mixes with Miry Clay. As above, so below.

There is no "Mother" in heaven. This traces back to Semiramus in Babylon. The consort harlot of Nimrod. Defied as the "Sun" God. Proposing a resurrection as "Tammuz".

Tammuz was the first false Messiah.

"Mother Mary" <<the one defied in Catholicism, is simply an extension of this Harlot Goddess which the Bible calls "The Mother of Harlots and Abominations of the Earth."

The humanized "Golden Age" will last a very short time. All that follow this path will wake up on the wrong side of eternity.

The true "Golden Age" where we "beat swords into plowshares" will occur when the LORD returns to set up his kingdom. It won't arise from man's devices.

2 Thessalonians 2

"1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

5Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

6And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

7For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now hindereth will hinder, until he be taken out of the way.

8And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

13But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

14Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

15Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

16Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,

17Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work."

Old 10-18-2011, 07:01 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,836,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Will you still be claiming it to be a lie when you're burning up and can't breath the air anymore from the depleted ozone layer???

It's just this unintelligent kind of thinking that has us in the state we are in at the present time.
LOL, .001 degree every hundred years and not definitive, remember the margin of error is 2 degrees either way and they base a global warming terror on .001 degrees. And you dare to question my intelligence.

Old 10-18-2011, 07:04 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,836,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Well, one baby step would be for every environmentalist to give up their way of life and change in a way that could be seen to impact the issue significantly.

Lowering a carbon foot print to some degree is irrelevant, changing a few lightbulbs , recycling(which BTW produces more greenhouse gases than a land fill does) and driving a car less, is irrelevant to the issue.

Eliminate all things from your life that creates a carbon footprint, whether by manufacture or your own use.

It is easy to talk about it.
Phaz you should be ashamed of yourself, I actually agree with you.

Old 10-18-2011, 07:26 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,068,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshhome View Post
For if you really believe that God created all of nature, the animals, the plants the fresh air and clean water..why do you overall support a political party and agenda which is anathema to the environment and nature? And why don't your teachings and behavior reflect stewardships for God's masterpiece? One only needs to look to the recent push by the GOP to dismantle the EPA and their abominable efforts to favor big polluters and raping of existing resources..and the deafening silence from just about every pulpit on these matters.

I am no longer a Christian, but I must say, one of the first things that turned me off to Christianity was the total silence and insensitivity towards nature and environmental conservation which I experienced in just about every church.

And if you claim to follow the bible, why don't you hearken towards Deut which implies that 'if you defile the land, it will vomit you out?' Or how about 'God will destroy those who destroy the earth' in Rev 11? If you look deeply at your behaviors and attitudes, that one SHOULD really frighten you! The irony of it all is that when folks witness the damage which will soon increase to a critical level, they will surely blame the gays and the unbelievers.

I find the attitude of most Christians rather sickening, as they view the planet as a big disposable diaper, and also see the current destruction of nature as just fulfillment of bible prophecy. I guess they just aren't smart enough to realize that religious practices of domination and subduing of the planet are creating this self fulfilling prophecy. What we need is a new spirituality which reverences the creator by honoring his masterpiece- what we have now is the total opposite.
What can you say? they have pagan anscestors. its in their nature not to agree even with themselves...

and to hold strong to the most convienent believes which tell them they were right all along to belong to the Nation/politics in which they were born. why should the preachers tell about the environmentalist sounding verses within their idol scriptures, when a vast amount of the environmentalist also want to increase competition (women's rights) and remove the tax exception of the religious corporations/business organizations (secular non-religionist capitalists), and remove pay for those in the business of preaching and pardoning (anti-snake oilites and those who are pro scholarly standards within powerful institutions...) unless they are qualified like Medical Practitioners and Barbers.

no, the religionists are a special class all onto themselves... at least in their mind they think its fair. and thats all selfish people whom descended from Gentile pagans care about.

Old 10-18-2011, 07:37 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshhome View Post
For if you really believe that God created all of nature, the animals, the plants the fresh air and clean water..why do you overall support a political party and agenda which is anathema to the environment and nature? And why don't your teachings and behavior reflect stewardships for God's masterpiece? One only needs to look to the recent push by the GOP to dismantle the EPA and their abominable efforts to favor big polluters and raping of existing resources..and the deafening silence from just about every pulpit on these matters.

I am no longer a Christian, but I must say, one of the first things that turned me off to Christianity was the total silence and insensitivity towards nature and environmental conservation which I experienced in just about every church.

And if you claim to follow the bible, why don't you hearken towards Deut which implies that 'if you defile the land, it will vomit you out?' Or how about 'God will destroy those who destroy the earth' in Rev 11? If you look deeply at your behaviors and attitudes, that one SHOULD really frighten you! The irony of it all is that when folks witness the damage which will soon increase to a critical level, they will surely blame the gays and the unbelievers.

I find the attitude of most Christians rather sickening, as they view the planet as a big disposable diaper, and also see the current destruction of nature as just fulfillment of bible prophecy. I guess they just aren't smart enough to realize that religious practices of domination and subduing of the planet are creating this self fulfilling prophecy. What we need is a new spirituality which reverences the creator by honoring his masterpiece- what we have now is the total opposite.
If I believe that God created human life and that children are a gift of God, why why would I support a political party and agenda which is anathema to human life? And why would my teachings and behavior reflect the murder of God's gifts? One only needs to look to the recent push by the Obama administration to have taxpayer money fund abortions ..and the popular support of those contrary to God's ministry.

I find the attitude of most non-Christians rather sickening, as they view human life as disposable, and also see the current destruction of human life as just fulfillment of bible prophecy. I guess they just aren't Christlike enough to realize that their secular religious practices of domination and possesing the power of life and death are creating this self fulfilling prophecy. What we need is a return to the Bible and spirituality through the Holy Spirit which reverences the creator by honoring his gifts - what we have now is the total opposite.

Old 10-18-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
LOL, .001 degree every hundred years and not definitive, remember the margin of error is 2 degrees either way and they base a global warming terror on .001 degrees. And you dare to question my intelligence.
there is no room for degrees of uncertainty within Chemistry: carbon dioxide does what it does. are you arguing something pointless? like history? because carbon dioxide does what it does... or are you proposing is doing something different? like having no effect... if so, and you can show your assertions quite eassily i suppose, you would be deamed a revolutionary genious within the field of environmental science. I'm affraid mathmatical statistics only tell you about the information being measured, not the substance of truths within reality. you are arguing votes counted and measurements taken... basically you are arguing numbers on a paper about numbers on a paper about samples taken and information drawn about past un-observed events( not directly at least) while Christ is befumbled at your utter lack of Chemical curiosity... or missunderstood and untimely environmental genious... you deicide. personally, i think the environmental scientista understand the math involved... not sure why you would think they wont... unless its about culture i suppose.

Old 10-18-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
If I believe that God created human life and that children are a gift of God, why why would I support a political party and agenda which is anathema to human life? And why would my teachings and behavior reflect the murder of God's gifts? One only needs to look to the recent push by the Obama administration to have taxpayer money fund abortions ..and the popular support of those contrary to God's ministry.

I find the attitude of most non-Christians rather sickening, as they view human life as disposable, and also see the current destruction of human life as just fulfillment of bible prophecy. I guess they just aren't Christlike enough to realize that their secular religious practices of domination and possesing the power of life and death are creating this self fulfilling prophecy. What we need is a return to the Bible and spirituality through the Holy Spirit which reverences the creator by honoring his gifts - what we have now is the total opposite.
I find it ridiculous that Christians wouldnt vote to send babies straight to heaven... oh wait, if you read the implications of your idol scriptures...babies and agnostics suffer the same fate as atheists and satanists. Why Christians would throw away and disgrace their "mother" and choose to put their trust in an invisible "father" who might supposedly spare them the fate of all natural things... is beyond me... there is no purpose in "forever". there is no art in never ending and unfinishable. In fact, i'd say that immortality is one of the oddest desires the religionists have and pretend to fullfill. I find it ridiculous that because you simply cannot trust women(or families) and doctors to make their own decision and choices about dependent parasitic, organ-like creatures, you want to have dominion and possesion over the rights of others, and over life and death as God designed it; thus you base the sum your political decisions based on who is going to make sure more possible Chistian religionists are born. what kind of horrible invisible all-powerful father would allow his own children to be slaughteted by his other children? ... you know, since free-choice is "better".

ugh... the reason i quit Chistianity is because you people are still a bounch of thoughtless pagans, like the ancestors that you curse to hell, because of their unexposure or denial of a jewish invisible father and his runaway son, whom happens to be himself.

aren't you the annointed one? spare me your message it is rotten and spoiled to the core... i guess its true as they say, the apple doesnt fall far from the tree.

truely only a demon could have introduced the stories that religionists spew

now, go back and replace in each hypocritical sentence you wrote the phrase "human life" with the word "nature".

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 10-18-2011 at 08:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity