Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 04:34 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,698,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
I've been returning wholeheartedly to Him for months now and I guess it could be said that I have returned to Him. I titled the thread that way for those who have strayed and would like to agree in prayer with people who are wholeheartedly searching for God. Just because you think your with God, or God is with you doesn't mean you don't have to dilegently search for Him. Accually, according to His word, if your not diligently and earnestly searching for Him, your not with Him. This is what His children do here on earth. We continuosly search for Him. Just like always being thirsty. We are always thirsty for more and more of His presence, and that's exactly how we stay in His presence.
Amen !!

Psalm 92
Praise for the LORD’S Goodness.

1. It is good to give thanks to the LORD
And to sing praises to Your name, O Most High;
2. To declare Your lovingkindness in the morning
And Your faithfulness by night,
3. With the ten-stringed lute and with the harp,
With resounding music upon the lyre.
4. For You, O LORD, have made me glad by what You have done,
I will sing for joy at the works of Your hands.
5. How great are Your works, O LORD!
Your thoughts are very deep.
6. A senseless man has no knowledge,
Nor does a stupid man understand this:
7. That when the wicked sprouted up like grass
And all who did iniquity flourished,
It was only that they might be destroyed forevermore.
8. But You, O LORD, are on high forever.
9. For, behold, Your enemies, O LORD,
For, behold, Your enemies will perish;
All who do iniquity will be scattered.
10. But You have exalted my horn like that of the wild ox;
I have been anointed with fresh oil.
11. And my eye has looked exultantly upon my foes,
My ears hear of the evildoers who rise up against me.
12. The righteous man will flourish like the palm tree,
He will grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
13. Planted in the house of the LORD,
They will flourish in the courts of our God.
14. They will still yield fruit in old age;
They shall be full of sap and very green,
15. To declare that the LORD is upright;
He is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.

Psalm 92 paints a picture of the ideal life as that of a righteous person who bears good fruit, even to old age. He is "full of sap and very green." In other words, he is filled with spiritual vitality at the end of life when the temptation to grumble and express radical selfishness is often the strongest.

Here, the seven habits of truly effective living are unfolded for us:

#1 Seeing thankfulness and praise to God as something desirable, not as a duty (v. 1). Far from complaining, his lips are filled with praise—declaring that there is no unrighteousness in God, his Rock (v. 15).

#2 Focusing on God's lovingkindness in the morning and His faithfulness at night
(v. 2). For the righteous man, each day begins and ends with God, implying that God is central in his thoughts throughout the entire day. Literally, lovingkindness refers to God's covenant loyal love, which features His promise of salvation. The righteous person is not self-righteous, or externally moralistic. Rather, he looks to God's promises and unchanging character as the basis for his right standing before his Creator-Judge. The Lord Jesus Christ is, of course, the fulfillment of these promises. So, the one having faith in Christ is counted righteous and delivered from a petty life of vain pursuits.

#3 Enjoying resounding music and singing for joy at God's great works (vv. 1, 3-4).

#4 Pondering the deep thoughts of God (v. 5)—not being characterized by a shallow, pragmatic view of God that sees Him merely as a means to get other things.

#5 Praising the transcendence of God—declaring that God is the "Most High" who is above all His creatures. The righteous one realizes that man is in no way equal to God. Thus, he can never legitimately view God with suspicion or call Him into judgment (v. 8).

#6 Resting securely in the fact that, in the end, God will have the final say on all matters. He will deal justice to the enemies of righteousness (vv. 9-11).

#7 Depending continuously upon God for strength—for "fresh oil" (v. 10), knowing that yesterday's supply never carries over to today.

Amen...
Praying with you and blessings to you !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 04:57 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Why would that be a good choice, O-Ducky?

And how often do you (personally) feel this need to "RETURN TO GOD". I mean, is it when you wake up in the morning, you feel that you have been away from God? Or something you do or don't do? In what way did you leave God? Is it even possible? Or is it really only in our minds that we "leave God"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
What I'm asking is this. Are you saying you are RETURNING to GOD as in, you fell away from walking with him? And you have just returned in recent months. Yet you come into this forum and condemn the beliefs of other Christians and think to say that people who have known God for decades have been voided by your judgement because you disagree with their doctrine,Moderator cut: orphaned
Some good questions Heartsong, and good observations.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 10-19-2011 at 06:12 AM..

Old 10-19-2011, 05:27 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,698,675 times

This thread is about prayer and returning to the Lord for those who may have gone astray...... and praying with them !!
Not the OP's personal life as I'm sure it would have been made known if that was the reason for this thread.....

A very good observation is that..... it is the work and very typical for satan to come and kill, steal, and destroy Gods will, love, prayer for/with other's !

Satan's best work is always done in distracting away from that which God is wanting to do for other's, those in need of Him in whatever that need may be !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
If your someone who's reading this and says, "I do feel like I need to return to God wholeheartedly with repentance", then lets pray together. I say the same thing and I would like to agree with you in prayer to our Elohim (God) through the name of His Son Yahushua (Jesus) and call out for His help in our lives. Come, lets return to Him wholeheartedly and pray that He bless us with His Holy Spirit and open our eyes.

You don't have to publicly reveal yourself if you don't want to but you can if you want to, especially for prayer requests or anything you'd like to share. It would of course be a good choice to publicly admit that you need to return to God. Why not? If you want to agree with me in prayer, for the next three days we can pray at the exact time and that would be great and powerfull. You can be sure that I'll be praying at 5am and 8am CST and 7pm and 9pm CST, for you and me.

May Yahua's blessings be upon you. I bless you in the name of Yahushua, so be it.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:28 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,779 times
Thank you again Cyber Munchkin. May Yahua's blessings be upon you in the name of Yahushua. May you search for Him more than hidden treasures or trillions worth of lost gold. May Yahua hear your prayers and answer you speedily with a new and fresh revelation of the Lamb, the one who existed from the beginning and whom all things are made through. May you fully see just how awesome is the Lamb - the One who is indeed the Glory of God - in all of His fullness. May He fill your lamp to overflowing today!!!

Matthew 23:8
“Don’t let anyone call you ‘Rabbi,’ for you have only one teacher, and all of you are equal as brothers and sisters.

Matthew 5:6
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, For they shall be filled.

Luke 11

9 “And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.11 “You fathers—if your children ask for a fish, do you give them a snake instead? 12 Or if they ask for an egg, do you give them a scorpion? Of course not! 13 So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him.”

Psalm 105:4
Search for Yahua and for his strength; continually seek him.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:37 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,864,701 times
Do You Want To Return To God?

UHHHHHHH, that would be a "no thankyou", I did that stuff in my youth and around the age of 14, after reading Edith Hamilton, I decided that the similarities of christianity and greek and roman mythologies were simply too great and neither of them had that ring of truth to them. Since that time I have suspected that the only miracle of christianity is that it can actually get adult human beings to believe that stuff.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Do You Want To Return To God?

UHHHHHHH, that would be a "no thankyou", I did that stuff in my youth and around the age of 14, after reading Edith Hamilton, I decided that the similarities of christianity and greek and roman mythologies were simply too great and neither of them had that ring of truth to them. Since that time I have suspected that the only miracle of christianity is that it can actually get adult human beings to believe that stuff.
I feel your pain. If I went to siminaries to learn about God I would feel the same way, I'm sure. But I went through Yahushua the Messiah and He personally revealed the Father to me by the power of the Holy Spirit who rose Him from the grave. When He called, I said, "I'm coming, here am I". Since then He's been very very close to me every day and shows me just how big He really is. He's not small, no no no, He has the power and ability to reveal Himself, no doubt. That's why Yahushua came, and that's what He continues to do.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:56 AM

Draw Me Close - The Katinas - YouTube

Faithful Father (Brian Doerksen) - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity