Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 09:46 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,632,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
And that is why UR's gather around you.....because UR removes the need for faith. Satan's UR message in full blossom.
UR's gather round because they are very caring and loving people who love God and each other like you're supposed to. UR definitely takes faith, or else I would still be one. You're telling lies again.

Old 10-23-2011, 09:53 AM

8 posts, read 7,363 times
I may not see eye to eye with Irene Wright's views. But I respect her choice of paths cause as far as I am concerned we each have our own shoes to walk in and the road is always changing.
And I like to think I live by this quote by Steve Jobs "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life". Tho in reality, it's easier said than done.
Also, I hope to contribute/ask questions to the religious forum from time to time because so many of you have interesting thoughts. And tho I am not a debater, I do like to comment when the spirit moves me

Madison

Old 10-23-2011, 10:00 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,410,535 times
Lightbulb The important question is, faith in whose version of the Bible?

Originally Posted by twin.spin
Quote:
And that is why UR's gather around you.....because UR removes the need for faith. Satan's UR message in full blossom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
UR's gather round because they are very caring and loving people who love God and each other like you're supposed to. UR definitely takes faith, or else I would still be one. You're telling lies again.
The important question is, faith in whose version of the Bible?

Everyone will choose to believe whatever they are convinced is the truth about what the Bible teaches. I post on forums to give people an alternate point of view. Had I known that one existed I never would have had a horrific twelve year nervous breakdown 1966-78 over my inability to love a god who would allow anyone actually prefer to suffer forever rather than eventually reach out for the salvation that God has provided. I'm 73 years old now.

THE FOLLOWING HAS, AND ALWAYS WILL BE TRUE REGARDING THE DEBATE ABOUT ETERNAL TORMENT

The argument about “eternal hell” nearly always gets bogged down with the words, “My Greek scholars are more reliable than your Greek scholars,” and the result is nearly always a stalemate.

My Greek scholars are Louis Abbott and the many Greek scholars he quotes in chapters three and twelve of
AN ANALYTICAL STUDY OF WORDS
An Analytical Study of Words

Also see
TIME AND ETERNITY A BIBLICAL STUDY
TIME AND ETERNITY: A Biblical Study

Also see
THE SCHOLAR’S CORNER FOR THE STUDY OF BIBLICAL UNIVERSALISM at
Scholar's Corner: The Center for Bible studies in Christian Universalism

If you think it glorifies God more to let some of His creatures suffer forever, or annihilate them, then you keep believing that.

But if you think it glorifies God more to eventually meet everyone on the level of their greatest and deepest need which is a change in their stubborn will, then know that there is plenty of evidence in the Bible that is exactly what God is like.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:12 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,375,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
No it doesn't.

ET, however, calls Jesus a sinner, an extortionist and a failure.

Blessings,
brian

Old 10-23-2011, 10:20 AM

2,271 posts, read 2,654,086 times
Quote:
I've been fighting this.......truly, I have. I changed my belief to UR, which sounded more reasonable to me and completely scriptural but now....and for quite a while.....I just can't do it anymore. I don't believe myself and I can't convince myself otherwise. I don't buy the Bible anymore, it's so contradictory and backward and there are some posts in another thread that finally prompted me to admit this. I see no evidence for belief, none at all.

When I really get down to the brass tax, all the arguments are just more indication to me that none of us really knows what we are talking about, and some of us don't know what to believe. I leave this open for discussion but I'm telling you, I just don't know anymore.

I have to take off, but feel free to comment however you see fit. I'll respond eventually.
I think this is a more honest representation of your beliefs than what you were posting in the past. Even when you were responding or starting threads here on CD, they weren't in line with biblical Christian beliefs. They were what you wanted to believe, and from your own understanding, not biblical understanding. I don't say that as an insult but just as a matter of fact.

I'll just close with this scripture and wish you well: Jeremiah 29:13, "And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart."

Old 10-23-2011, 10:54 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,700,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
So where are you supposed to look, Finn?? If your heart is wicked, your mind is reprobate, and satan is at work in the unbelievers, then what do you suggest that people do? Run to the nearest pastor and give him their money and soul, and wait for guidance??
Why the mocking tone and the rude reply? I didn't say anything about giving money and souls to any pastors. I said pray, study the word, and examine your behaviour. Which part did you fail to comprehend?

Old 10-23-2011, 10:59 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,700,897 times
Quote:
It's good they love each. When they learn to love non-URs, then I'll say they are making progress. Unfortunately the UR responses to non-UR people here prove they still have a long way to go.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
I think this is a more honest representation of your beliefs than what you were posting in the past. Even when you were responding or starting threads here on CD, they weren't in line with biblical Christian beliefs. They were what you wanted to believe, and from your own understanding, not biblical understanding. I don't say that as an insult but just as a matter of fact.

I'll just close with this scripture and wish you well: Jeremiah 29:13, "And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart."
I don't understand what you're talking about.....whatever beliefs I presented in the past were completely biblical, either as a fundamentalist or as a UR. Each belief can be backed up with scripture. That's just not true. Whatever I believed or semi-believed was always based on something from the Bible, always. You can't say something is an honest representation of my beliefs when I have no belief.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It's good they love each. When they learn to love non-URs, then I'll say they are making progress. Unfortunately the UR responses to non-UR people here prove they still have a long way to go.
UR's are full of love for others, not just other UR's Finn. You took what I said and twisted it. Why do you insist on arguing about UR's so much? You're so obsessed. It's the fundamentalist ETer's who need to work on their responses....their whole approach and beliefs.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:35 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,410,535 times
Post Non-Urs will be included in the salvation of everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
One can't love a non-UR any stronger than to reassure them that they will be included in the salvation of everyone too.

As Charles Weller puts it in
THE GOSPEL OF GRACE

“Love conquers all, for it is the love of God that allows humanity to see its frailty that in the bitter dregs it may choose life. I thank the Lord that the plan of redemption wasn’t a stop gap measure but a well thought out plan that in the fullness of time, all (including non-URs) will have Christ as their head. Victory in Jesus!

Before creation there was no time. Since creation there has been time. But with the consummation of things and God becoming All in all, time will end, and sin, which is limited by time shall end. Yet, God and creation shall go on.

The plan of God is such that His grace, that unmerited favor, will cause all mankind (including non-URs) and all of creation to be restored. Great was the joy of the father for the return of his son. How much more so will God be rejoicing at the salvation of all."

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.