Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 03:08 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,626,646 times

Advertisements

I've been fighting this.......truly, I have. I changed my belief to UR, which sounded more reasonable to me and completely scriptural but now....and for quite a while.....I just can't do it anymore. I don't believe myself and I can't convince myself otherwise. I don't buy the Bible anymore, it's so contradictory and backward and there are some posts in another thread that finally prompted me to admit this. I see no evidence for belief, none at all.

When I really get down to the brass tax, all the arguments are just more indication to me that none of us really knows what we are talking about, and some of us don't know what to believe. I leave this open for discussion but I'm telling you, I just don't know anymore.

I have to take off, but feel free to comment however you see fit. I'll respond eventually.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:15 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Ilene - Back to basics, before you go any further.

Do you believe the Jesus Christ was sent to earth to die for your sins, and that He died, was buried, and rose on the third day according to the Scriptures?

Don't proceed any further - just answer that alone.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:20 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I've been fighting this.......truly, I have. I changed my belief to UR, which sounded more reasonable to me and completely scriptural but now....and for quite a while.....I just can't do it anymore. I don't believe myself and I can't convince myself otherwise. I don't buy the Bible anymore, it's so contradictory and backward and there are some posts in another thread that finally prompted me to admit this. I see no evidence for belief, none at all.

When I really get down to the brass tax, all the arguments are just more indication to me that none of us really knows what we are talking about, and some of us don't know what to believe. I leave this open for discussion but I'm telling you, I just don't know anymore.

I have to take off, but feel free to comment however you see fit. I'll respond eventually.
We all do what we believe gives us the most peace, I'd rather see you be real and admit where you are really at then pretend to believe something you do not actually believe. Most people play lip service to ideology anyway. I am glad you are being honest and willing to be up front in public about it. The clown section of the forum will probably chime in soon to tell you you'd better straighten up or else.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:24 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
I urge others to restrain from any bickering here. Only post for Ilene's benefit, please.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:27 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,837,906 times
Quote:

Ilene, dear sister, didn't we talk about this way back when you were considering UR? It was the steady destruction of your faith. I have tried to bring you back in the past by pointing out what you were doing. But you got so bitter towards me that I had to step away. You were one of my dearest friends at one time and it pains me to see you fall.

Where is my Warrior Princess who never let anyone beat her?

With undying love,

Robin

Old 10-19-2011, 03:36 PM

9,895 posts, read 1,277,185 times
Quote:

Ilene, maybe this is a good thing for you. Whoever the poster was that told you to go back to basics said a good thing. I don't doubt for a minute that you believe that Jesus is the Son of God, that He died on the cross, was buried, and rose again.

Maybe a break from the forum would be a good thing for you right now. When you feel ready, pick up your Bible and try to put all of your prior doctrinal beliefs behind you. Pray that God will lead you in the right direction. Ask Him for wisdom and understanding. He won't let you down.

It takes a BIG person to admit that they may have been wrong. God will bless you for this. Remember, He will never leave you. He knows your struggles, and He will help you get through this.

I will pray for you Ilene.

Blessings to you,

Katie

Old 10-19-2011, 03:55 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,516,611 times
Thank you Ilene for your honest, open post..Personally I believe you are on the edge of a new stage of spiritual maturity..

He is in touch whether you feel Him or not..I believe you are going to come out of this with more peace and understanding about our creator than ever before..

There is a wealth of wisdom in the saying "let go, and let God"...[I did that]

Last edited by Miss Blue; 10-19-2011 at 04:18 PM..

Old 10-19-2011, 04:05 PM

7,077 posts, read 12,353,144 times
Quote:

As a person raised in Catholicism, I'm sorry to hear that you have lost your faith (I only say that because I know how depressing such a thing can be). Personally, I really haven't had much faith since I was 12, but that's not the point.

Though you have now seen the bible through the eyes of other non-believers, know (and BELIEVE) that there is a spirit of good somewhere out there (and within humanity). Such a spirit does NOT agree with war, money, power, judgements, fear, lies, and deceptions. In short that spirit is pure truth and love. It IS real. It IS what we all try to live by (those of us who wish to be "good"). Worship the concepts of truth and love in all that you do; reject fear and hatred at ALL costs. Also, understand that we all are beings within this thing we call existence. We share the same air, the same water, the same soil. We are all brothers and sisters no matter what one's personal beliefs (or non-beliefs) are.

I personally believe that IF Christ was a real person, he knew this truth that I am telling you; he tried to spread this truth to humanity. Unfortunately, (IMO) human hands twisted the message of a very smart and spiritually evolved soul (Jesus) when those hands wrote down his story.

That said, I personally think that your ability to question that which you have been fed is a sign that you are spiritually awakening to real truth. Good luck with your journey; a journey that we are ALL on with you.

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 10-19-2011 at 04:14 PM..

Old 10-19-2011, 05:14 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,573,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Thank you Ilene for your honest, open post..Personally I believe you are on the edge of a new stage of spiritual maturity..

He is in touch whether you feel Him or not..I believe you are going to come out of this with more peace and understanding about our creator than ever before..

There is a wealth of wisdom in the saying "let go, and let God"...[I did that]
^^this!
I'll echo what Miss Blue is saying, "a new stage of spiritual maturity...."
Listen to the holy spirit within Ilene and be blessed.

Old 10-19-2011, 05:24 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,024,985 times
You must pray for a church were the gospel is preached and there is evidence of the Holy Spirit , as This a the plan of Jesus .... You must forgive the old Church that you left and say `` Forgive them for they know not what they do `` and let it go and Jesus will release you from this rocky road were you are going ......... Be Blessed In Jesus Christ......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity