Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 07:31 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,948,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Is it good to be on the hands of God when you are His enemy and He is about to demonstrate his wrath and judgment against you? Of course not.
Really, then where else would be better? I say being in Gods hands is the best place anyone can be no matter how they feel about it at the moment.

Quote:

Were the people of Sodom happy to be in God's hands when he rained fire on them? Of course not
What we "feel" about being in the hands of God is irrelevant, it is still the best place to be. What of the people of Sodom now, I'd say that at some point they will understand the wonder of how great it is to be in his hands. Because no one will be able to tell of a better place. Go ahead and try though.

Quote:
, they would have preferred to be on the loving hand with Lot, not on the angry hand.
What someone prefers is not the issue.

Quote:
This whole thread is nothing but misrepresentation of what was said, misrepresentation of the scriptures, and....a game.

So the scriptures tell of a better place to be than in the hands of God?!?!?! Please, show me the scriptures that tell of this place.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:32 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
If it is not good for the enemy to be in the hands of the living God, then what other place should the enemy be?
Still no comprehension

The enemy should become a friend, and find their place on the hands of loving God, as opposed to being on the hand which passes judgment on God's enemies.

Is this really so difficult?

Old 11-02-2011, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Really, then where else would be better? I say being in Gods hands is the best place anyone can be no matter how they feel about it at the moment.

So the scriptures tell of a better place to be than in the hands of God?!?!?! Please, show me the scriptures that tell of this place.
Unbelievable........

Old 11-02-2011, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Still no comprehension

The enemy should become a friend, and find their place on the hands of loving God, as opposed to being on the hand which passes judgment on God's enemies.

Not difficult at all. I know you can't think of a better place for anyone to be or you would have said where it is.

It is easy to see that the hand of God is the best place anyone can be. The enemy will become the friend by being in the hands of the living God.

They may not like it at first. But even you will say what someone feels about it doesn't matter.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Unbelievable........

Yeah, it probably is tough for you.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:58 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Still no comprehension

If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?

But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.

For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!

In him we live and move and have our being.

If I make my bed in hell you are there.

There is no separation from God no matter how it may seem so when you read scripture with veiled eyes.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:00 AM

They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the majesty of his power on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed. This includes you, because you believed our testimony to you.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:07 AM

Quote:
They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the majesty of his power on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed. This includes you, because you believed our testimony to you.

I know that is what you believe, it is not hard to comprehend that.

What I am saying is that all scripture testifies of Gods nature and by reading all of the bible I cannot find any other place to be that is better than the hands of God. I can extract this passage and that passage and make an argument, anyone can do that. After studying what ALL scripture adds up to, being in the hands of the living God is the best place to be, that is what scripture tells me.

That is what I believe and what I will tell others. You have your beliefs and your perspective of scripture, yet, you cannot testify of any better place to be than the hands of the living God.

You can try though.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:10 AM

Quote:
I know that is what you believe, it is not hard to comprehend that..
It is not my opinon, it is a direct quote from the Bible

Old 11-02-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:
It is not my opinon, it is a direct quote from the Bible

Yes, it is your opinion, we can go back and forth on this, but I can quote a scripture directly from the bible and you will not agree that it means what it says. I have done it before. However, I am willing to do it again, shall I show you what you already know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity