Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2012, 07:59 AM

322 posts, read 317,060 times

Advertisements

When adam and eve ate from the tree that gave them knowledge of good and evil, they fell..so the story goes( in a nut shell)

how do we know what god has planned for us ? how do we know what is good and what is not good?
how do we know that god hasnt put us exaclty where we should be as part of our journey in order to get where we are going? to fulfill the purpose he has for us? how do we know what his plan for us is? i think only he knows what he needs us to do.. we can guess and assume but the reality is that he alone knows.
so why do we label everything as good and evil ? isnt this the same thing they speak of in the bible with adam and eve? the knowlege is not ours.

has somthing ever happened to you and u thought it was the WOrst thing in the world only to learn later on that it was probably the best thing for u , a blessing?
our understanding is limited and god wisdom is unlimited we cannot see his complete plan.. so when we think somthing is horrible or bad.. it is in fact a part of the journey to get us to where we need to be.
so who are WE to judge anyone or anything as Right or wrong as good or evil?
should we spend the same time we use judgeing to Give thanks and PRaise instead..
GOd deserves every moment of praise from every soul that lives. instead we waste time judging what we think is good or bad for someone else or ourselves.

I Trust The Creater, the most high that he has each of us where he needs and wants us to be. so lets live and give thanks and appreciate the journey
i give thanks for another day with endless opportunities to give love

have a blessed day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 10:32 AM

i guess this is where trusting god comes in,, we have to trust in what he is doing in our lives even when it seems like nothing is going right.. knowing that its always the darkest before the dawn

god understanding surpasses ours
I say we trust him and love one another even if we choose different routes.. we are all headed to the same place.
LOVE IS THE ANSWER

i may be just a screen name here....but i am a young woman, a mother a sister a daughter,a friend a business owner and many more other things but before all of these things... I AM... i am life beyond my achievements or status.

so are all of you.
i send my love and blessings to all of u.. through this internet site. not jsut a screen name but a child of the universe .. i hope u get it
bless

Old 01-10-2012, 03:54 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,018,190 times
The tree of knowledge of good and evil represents the attributes that the Lord God are not because , God told Adam and Eve not to eat from this tree at all, but eat from all the other tree of the Garden which were the trees of Life ..... See the good of the tree of knowledge was not perfect to the Lord God and was rejected , the evil of the tree of knowledge was rejected by the Lord as it was darkness which Not right to The Lord ..... See for example Pride can be both good and evil , but both is rejected as not perfect to the Lord ..... Christians get their righteousness from Jesus who was perfect and the life from this tree of Life which Adam was told to eat is the same life where a person receives the spirit from God as our salvation ..... To Know God is to be in the truth of all the ages .,...So If we need to know the plan of God for our lives or the lead of Jesus spirit for our lives , then we need to pray and talk with Him more than often as we can ..... I have heard of believers who fasted once a week knew more of what was going on as this person had the ear for God .....We need to be coherent to the ways of Jesus Spirit and be yielding in our posture to the Lord and His plan ..... Be blessed In Christ....

Old 01-10-2012, 04:12 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godservant View Post
When adam and eve ate from the tree that gave them knowledge of good and evil, they fell..so the story goes( in a nut shell)

how do we know what god has planned for us ? how do we know what is good and what is not good?
how do we know that god hasnt put us exaclty where we should be as part of our journey in order to get where we are going? to fulfill the purpose he has for us? how do we know what his plan for us is? i think only he knows what he needs us to do.. we can guess and assume but the reality is that he alone knows.
so why do we label everything as good and evil ? isnt this the same thing they speak of in the bible with adam and eve? the knowlege is not ours.

has somthing ever happened to you and u thought it was the WOrst thing in the world only to learn later on that it was probably the best thing for u , a blessing?
our understanding is limited and god wisdom is unlimited we cannot see his complete plan.. so when we think somthing is horrible or bad.. it is in fact a part of the journey to get us to where we need to be.
so who are WE to judge anyone or anything as Right or wrong as good or evil?
should we spend the same time we use judgeing to Give thanks and PRaise instead..
GOd deserves every moment of praise from every soul that lives. instead we waste time judging what we think is good or bad for someone else or ourselves.

I Trust The Creater, the most high that he has each of us where he needs and wants us to be. so lets live and give thanks and appreciate the journey
i give thanks for another day with endless opportunities to give love

have a blessed day

I believe God works all things because I agree I have thought something bad had happened that ended up being a part of something greater.

However, with that said, we have to see a balance in everything as much as possible. God does not tell us to ignore evil and bad things as if they are a part of his greater plan.

There are many ideas and beliefs on the issue of evil and that is not my intention in this thread to discuss that, but only to remind us that we are to resist evil and not give it a foothold.

The idea that we just slide through life thinking we are just living out this grand plan is not anything we are told to do in scripture. While emotionally that is tempting because we can be overwhelmed with things happening in our lives and we want to control all of that when we cannot see an end to what may be happening. Certainly there are things we may not be able to control and we can be steered towards the opinion that we are just along for the ride but that is beside the point of what scripture tells us to do.

Scripture does not paint the picture that we can control a lot, however it tells us what to do everyday and just saying all is good and nothing is right or wrong is not one of them.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:26 PM

461 posts, read 480,760 times
Anyone who eats and drinks, does what is right and just, and loves his neighbor as himself. The son of man comes eating and drinking and people think he is madd or on drugs, but wisdom is the vindication of those who keep her.Whoever acts in truth lives in love and walks in the light of the Lord.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:35 AM

god knows us through and through not the most secret thought which we even hide from ourselves is hidden from him. as we then come to know ourselves thruogh and through we see ourselves more as god sees us and then we catch some little glimpse of his designs with us,
how each ordering of his providence
each check to our desires
each failure of our hopes, is just fitted for us and for somthing in our own spiritual state which others know not of, and which till then we know not of.until we come to this knowledge we must take all in Faith , believing though we dont know, the goodness of god towards us all. as we know ourselves we thus far know god.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity