Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 09:52 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
There isn't one answer to this. Nowadays, most Catholics would consider Protestants Christian and often refer to Catholics as "Catholics" and Protestants as "Christians." Many Protestants consider Catholics to be Christians, but many do not consider them to be Christians. Typically, the more fundamental the Protestant, the less likely he is to consider a Catholic a Christian.
This is true and better worded than what I posted. It's a continuum, all right. The more fundie, the more implicit distrust of Catholics and their status as Christians. What I would love to know is WHAT doesn't make us Christians? Not that I care about their judgment. The fundies don't have the great universities, school systems and hospitals that the Catholics put together in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 10:19 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,086,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
This is true and better worded than what I posted. It's a continuum, all right. The more fundie, the more implicit distrust of Catholics and their status as Christians. What I would love to know is WHAT doesn't make us Christians? Not that I care about their judgment. The fundies don't have the great universities, school systems and hospitals that the Catholics put together in this country.
It usually has to do with the Pope, saints, and Mary mostly. I know that many in my family think that the position of the Pope will be the anti-Christ.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:35 AM

467 posts, read 467,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4USC View Post
Complex answer to a simple yes/no question. Still really don't know your answer. No need to quote scripture. What is YOUR belief? Is heaven reserved for only christians?
The topic of this thread is..
Quote:
Do Protestants/Catholics see each other as Christian?
I quote scriptures because this is what CHRISTIANS DO.. Christians believe the scriptures, so we are not afraid to quote scriptures!

Iam4USC I answer short and to the point: CHRISTIANS enter the "Throne room"! The "Throne Room" is in heaven! The Apostles are sitting on THRONES in the Throne Room!
The Apostles are CHRISTIANS, they enter the Throne Room, they are God' children! The CHILDREN of the King enter the Throne Room!

The Thief on the cross went to a Garden.. Paradise is in heaven.. Paradise is NOT the Throne room!
Revelation 2:7
Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.

The Thief On The Cross was NOT a child of the King, he was NOT CHRISTIAN!!

Iam4USC The scriptures (above) prove the "Thief On The Cross" did NOT ENTER the Throne room, he was NOT Baptized! He was NOT CHRISTIAN!

John the Baptist did not enter the Throne Room, he was NOT Baptized, before Jesus could send the Holy Spirit at Pentecost!
Iam4USC John died before PENTECOST!

MORE SCRIPTURES!!
Matthew 11:11
Truly I tell you, among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet whoever is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

Iam4USC John died before PENTECOST, he was NOT Baptized by the Bride, he was NOT CHRISTIAN!

ANSWER (explained by scriptures above): Non Christians can still be saved!!!

Dogknox

Old 05-17-2012, 12:12 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,058 times
Quote:
It usually has to do with the Pope, saints, and Mary mostly. I know that many in my family think that the position of the Pope will be the anti-Christ.
wow! so far fetched it seems unbelievable---where is it stated in their bibles that a pope is the antichrist in exact wordage???

Old 05-17-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
wow! so far fetched it seems unbelievable---where is it stated in their bibles that a pope is the antichrist in exact wordage???
It's not exact wordage but just want they think. My family (and many other Protestants) are extremely anti-Catholic.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:41 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post
This thought just came into my mind: Only christians believe in Heaven, so why does this matter anyways? Whether we believe non-christians will go to heaven or not is a complete farce to non-christians.
Muslims believe in "paradise" aka "heaven"

Cant be certain it is not Christian influenced, but the Germanics believed in the select spending time in Valhalla in preparation for the final war with the forces of the underworld.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:01 PM

467 posts, read 467,542 times
auntieannie68, psr13
Quote:
It's not exact wordage (pope Anti-Christ) but just want they think. My family (and many other Protestants) are extremely anti-Catholic.
I reply...
Point of interest..
I understand the Muslims believe the "Anti-Christ" will be "Motherless" the Anti-Christ will only have a father no mother!

I want to note.. Catholic's have a Father & Mother...
Father, The Groom.. God!
Mother, The Bride.. The Catholic Church!
Catholic's are IN the Family.. The complete family of God!

The Protestant is mother-less...
auntieannie68, psr13 Ask your protestant family and or friends.. "God is your father, then who is your mother"?!
Point out: Even Jesus had a mother.
Point out: No man gains the title "Father" unless a mother gives birth!
Point out: It takes Two parents not just one to form a child!

The Catholic is IN the body of Jesus thus; Mary is our Grand mother all "IN" Jesus, honor Mary the Mother of Jesus!

Jesus honors Mary his mother, he MUST honor Mary, we can be sure because, God COMMANDS; "Honor mother and father"! IF..
If Jesus did not honor Mary his mother, he would be breaking a commandment, he would be sinning! IF..
If Jesus was to sin he would not be perfect, he would NOT be God!

auntieannie68, psr13 Mary is the Mother of Jesus thus Mary is also the Mother of the Catholic Church, the body of Jesus!

I think the Muslims are right.. The thousands and thousands of protestant churches all, claiming to have the ONLY Truth, not even one believes the same PROVES God never did have a hand in the formation of all these man made churches!
PROVING: Satan is the Father of all the chaos found in these man made protesting churches!
Protesting AGAINST Jesus and his Holy Bride!

Dogknox

Old 05-17-2012, 06:14 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Saints - some of them laid down their lives for Christianity. If we were asked to do that...
Mary - she is the mother of Jesus, and it's in all versions of the New Testament, that I'm aware of, as well as all manger scenes.
The Pope - I don't think there ever will be a Pope who is THAT charismatic and universally liked.

The presence of the Saints and Mary and the institution of the Papacy do NOT change the message of Christianity.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Saints - some of them laid down their lives for Christianity. If we were asked to do that...
Mary - she is the mother of Jesus, and it's in all versions of the New Testament, that I'm aware of, as well as all manger scenes.
The Pope - I don't think there ever will be a Pope who is THAT charismatic and universally liked.

The presence of the Saints and Mary and the institution of the Papacy do NOT change the message of Christianity.
Try telling all of that to Protestants. My niece would spend a lot of time at our place and say things like, "I love Mary." That would have driven my family completely crazy. While they acknowledge she was the mother of Jesus, that is all the credit they will give her. The Catholic view of Mary is a huge sticking point for Protestants.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:13 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,290,265 times
Quote:
Try telling all of that to Protestants. My niece would spend a lot of time at our place and say things like, "I love Mary." That would have driven my family completely crazy. While they acknowledge she was the mother of Jesus, that is all the credit they will give her. The Catholic view of Mary is a huge sticking point for Protestants.

thier lives must be incredibly complete if thats all that is annoying them , either that or they have some serious tollerance issues
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity