Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 11:15 PM

2,854 posts, read 2,052,090 times

Advertisements

"of god" is a phrase meaning 'infinite' or 'all-powerful'.

armor of god would be infinitely strong armor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 10:18 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,770,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
Would love to hear your replies. Ephesians 6 is where you can find this verse.
Well, it means dressing ourselves spiritually and emotionally with the very character, abilities, personality of Christ and victory which is ours because of Christ ...in addition to the benefits he has given us being considered Children of the most high God. In short this is what putting on the armour means to me. It is protective armour for which I fight evil with including direct attacks from demons in my thought life who are trying to make me unworthy of being a Christian, who attack my self esteem , my salvation, my dignity, my intrinsic unlimited value, and my allegiance to God thru Christ. All but one of the pieces of the armour are protective measures...with the one being an offensive weapon (The Word of God used to hurl truth in the direction of the enemy) .

I typically run down ALL of the armours meaning , per Ephesians 6 when im being attacked , or, at the very least....i quote the truth of Gods Word to rid/ diminish Satans attacks in a hurry .

Dont leave home without it ! Or...youll return home pretty bruised up.

Old 05-26-2012, 11:21 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,422,283 times
Thanks to all of you for posting. Now that I'm on vacation I can reply more.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:16 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,503,797 times
When you come to the acceptance that the Spirit of Christ dwells within you , you take on the armour of God .
The Word is within you and nothing can penetrate it, change it, or remove it..

jmho, of course

Old 05-27-2012, 02:34 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
When you come to the acceptance that the Spirit of Christ dwells within you , you take on the armour of God .
jmho, of course
Amen!

Old 05-27-2012, 03:42 PM

467 posts, read 467,341 times
Quote:
Would love to hear your replies. Ephesians 6 is where you can find this verse.
antredd Good to meet you..
You ask a good question.
I point out the man with "faith ALONE" can't put on the Breastplate of Righteousness! The Breastplate is made with LOVE!

The man with "Faith ALONE" can't be saved..
The Helmet of SALVATION is made with HOPE!
1 Thessalonians 5:8
But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet.

1 John 3:7
Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.

antredd The man with ONLY Faith can't do a thing for fear of working!!
The man with only FAITH is without all hope and LOVE!
He is HOPE-Less!

The man with ONLY FAITH>> is GOD-less scriptures tell Christians "God is LOVE!"

antredd Christians believe the scriptures!

Dogknox

Old 05-27-2012, 04:25 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,789,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post

jmho, of course
OK but what IS the "armor of God"? Because the passage discriminates among particular parts.

I think that Ephesians 6 is a marvelous metaphor. As with all metaphor, it is not to be taken literally, but taken as, well, metaphor aka symbolic.

It is for this reason that I introduced Beowulf, a poem which used metaphor extensively. Grendel = child of Cain aka =spawn of Satan, and Beowulf's armor aka the teachings of Jesus aka the battle against Satan.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogknox View Post
antredd Good to meet you..
You ask a good question.
I point out the man with "faith ALONE" can't put on the Breastplate of Righteousness! The Breastplate is made with LOVE!

The man with "Faith ALONE" can't be saved..
The Helmet of SALVATION is made with HOPE!
1 Thessalonians 5:8
But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet.

1 John 3:7
Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.

antredd The man with ONLY Faith can't do a thing for fear of working!!
The man with only FAITH is without all hope and LOVE!
He is HOPE-Less!

The man with ONLY FAITH>> is GOD-less scriptures tell Christians "God is LOVE!"

antredd Christians believe the scriptures!

Dogknox
Wonderful and God bless.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:08 AM

467 posts, read 467,341 times
Quote:
Wonderful and God bless.
antredd I hope all is well..
I reply.. There are just the three... Faith, Hope & Love!

Of the three the greatest is LOVE because "God is LOVE!"
Faith & Hope are not needed by any man in heaven, the man with only faith or hope will never ever enter heaven.. Love lasts forever, only the man with love enters heaven! Love lasts forever!

Faith always must be combined with love or it is NOT true faith.. The breastplate of Righteousness is made with faith plus LOVE!
No man can be righteous without love!
Only the righteous are saved!

Same with Childbearing!!
1 Timothy 2:15
But women will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

Childbearing saves if it is combined with faith and Love!
Faith can never ever be ALONE!!

antredd The idea of salvation by ONLY faith first appeared sixteen hundred years AFTER Jesus, it is NOT scriptural it is a lie that sends souls to Satan!
It is a man made teaching.. NOT found in scriptures!

Dogknox

Old 05-28-2012, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogknox View Post
antredd I hope all is well..
I reply.. There are just the three... Faith, Hope & Love!

Of the three the greatest is LOVE because "God is LOVE!"
Faith & Hope are not needed by any man in heaven, the man with only faith or hope will never ever enter heaven.. Love lasts forever, only the man with love enters heaven! Love lasts forever!

Faith always must be combined with love or it is NOT true faith.. The breastplate of Righteousness is made with faith plus LOVE!
No man can be righteous without love!
Only the righteous are saved!

Same with Childbearing!!
1 Timothy 2:15
But women will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

Childbearing saves if it is combined with faith and Love!
Faith can never ever be ALONE!!

antredd The idea of salvation by ONLY faith first appeared sixteen hundred years AFTER Jesus, it is NOT scriptural it is a lie that sends souls to Satan!
It is a man made teaching.. NOT found in scriptures!

Dogknox
I believe that Christians are saved by GRACE alone through our Faith ALone in Jesus Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity