Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2012, 08:30 AM

42 posts, read 48,407 times

Advertisements

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NLT)
16 Always be joyful.
17 Never stop praying.
18 Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

In America today, we celebrate our independence as a country. As Christians in America, we celebrate our freedom to be a follower of Christ. Even in light of recent events here in America, today is a day as the old hymn says...to count your blessings, count them one by one. Paul often was longwinded in getting a point across (like any good preacher) yet he also knew how to get to the point (like any good preacher should). Be joyful, always praying, and always thankful. Be joyful for Christ is in you. Be prayerful for those who do not have the freedom we have in America to follow Christ without the fear of banishment, imprisonment, or even death. Let us be thankful for every blessing God has bestowed on us, and most importantly, be thankful for the salvation we have in Christ Jesus.

I encourage you to listen to this song as we pray today...Laura Story - Blessings - YouTube

Heavenly Father, as an American, I thank you and praise you for the freedom I have to worship you Lord, I pray that this freedom does not pass away, yet even if it did, I would still worship you Lord, I pray today for all my brothers and sisters who do not have the freedom I have, I pray that you watch over them and protect them from the world, so they may share your Good News, Lord I thank you for the blow you took for me, how you have changed and transformed me by your blood shed on the cross for me, Father God, I thank you for my freedom from myself, my sin, my flesh, let us keep our eyes, and thoughts on you Lord, drawing from your strength, and boldness today, let us praise you with our words, thoughts, and actions today, in the name of Jesus...Amen
Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 07-24-2012 at 12:32 PM.. Reason: no advertising please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2012, 03:19 PM

461 posts, read 480,862 times
"The Lord hears the prayer of the righteous but He is far from the wicked."

The righteous do what is right and the holy speak what is just.

"The Lord is righteous and he loves righteous works."

"I the Lord speak the truth, I say what is right."

"All those who do right shall rise to live."

I thank you for having heard me Father. I know that you here me ,I know that you always here the truth.

Old 07-04-2012, 04:05 PM

481 posts, read 865,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdforster View Post
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NLT)
16 Always be joyful.
17 Never stop praying.
18 Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is Godā€™s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

In America today, we celebrate our independence as a country. As Christians in America, we celebrate our freedom to be a follower of Christ. Even in light of recent events here in America, today is a day as the old hymn says...to count your blessings, count them one by one. Paul often was longwinded in getting a point across (like any good preacher) yet he also knew how to get to the point (like any good preacher should). Be joyful, always praying, and always thankful. Be joyful for Christ is in you. Be prayerful for those who do not have the freedom we have in America to follow Christ without the fear of banishment, imprisonment, or even death. Let us be thankful for every blessing God has bestowed on us, and most importantly, be thankful for the salvation we have in Christ Jesus.

I encourage you to listen to this song as we pray today...Laura Story - Blessings - YouTube

Heavenly Father, as an American, I thank you and praise you for the freedom I have to worship you Lord, I pray that this freedom does not pass away, yet even if it did, I would still worship you Lord, I pray today for all my brothers and sisters who do not have the freedom I have, I pray that you watch over them and protect them from the world, so they may share your Good News, Lord I thank you for the blow you took for me, how you have changed and transformed me by your blood shed on the cross for me, Father God, I thank you for my freedom from myself, my sin, my flesh, let us keep our eyes, and thoughts on you Lord, drawing from your strength, and boldness today, let us praise you with our words, thoughts, and actions today, in the name of Jesus...Amen
Yes, amen & hallelujah!!!

Very well spoken and so very true....

"Be joyful, always praying, and always thankful. Be joyful for Christ is in you. Be prayerful for those who do not have the freedom we have in America to follow Christ without the fear of banishment, imprisonment, or even death. Let us be thankful for every blessing God has bestowed on us, and most importantly, be thankful for the salvation we have in Christ Jesus."

I am very joyful, always praying, and always thankful for Christ being in me. Though through all the pains of life and the not so perfect outcome, I cannot be more thankful for Christ Jesus (HaMashiach Yeshua), God my Father, and the Holy Spirit.

....Shalom Aleichem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity