Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2012, 11:38 AM

173 posts, read 135,368 times

Advertisements

Matthew 7:22-23
King James Version (KJV)
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

New International Version 1984 (NIV1984)
22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

In light of the words of Jesus Christ Himself is it not clear that false ministers and ministries will be performing "miracles" and "casting out demons"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2012, 11:42 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK4J View Post
King James Version (KJV)
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

In light of the words of Jesus Christ Himself is it not clear that false ministers and ministries will be performing "miracles" and "casting out demons"?
Not neccesarily...

Old 08-25-2012, 12:00 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
King James Version (KJV)

Yes. Simply because one does a "miracle" does not automatically means that that person is speaking the truth about God. The false ministers identify themselves when the speak, which is why they are "cloaked" with sheep's wool \ angel of light.

Old 08-25-2012, 12:06 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,895,179 times
Yes, even I as an Atheist will stand up and take notice if I see a miracle performed.

Old 08-25-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
Yes, even I as an Atheist will stand up and take notice if I see a miracle performed.
Well have you ever really seen one?

Old 08-25-2012, 06:28 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,895,179 times
Quote:
Well have you ever really seen one?
Nope, never saw one. I feel deprived.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
Nope, never saw one. I feel deprived.
I know what you mean. I have never seen a real one myself. Seen many fakes and frauds but never a real miracle. I remember watching a guy on TV when I was a kid because I thought he was funny. I think his name was Earnest Angely. Not sure about the spelling. I just remember him saying to his crowd of people "come and get your miracle"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity