Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 03:02 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times

Advertisements

Fulfill means to establish, like a foundation is established or laid down, even with the idea of a woman being laid down to produce new life/increase, a helpmeet. He comes in us to fulfill or establish the law IN US. This is why He is the chief cornerstone, the cornerstone of a FOUNDATION that is being laid. No man lays a cornerstone of a foundation, then doesn't bother to lay the rest of the foundation. The law is a foundation, the same as the waters below the firmament He walks upon. To deny this is to deny the waters below the firmament, to deny G-d's basic creation. This is why He said He didn't come to destroy it; why WOULD He? He said the THIEF cometh not but to kill, steal and DESTROY. He is the one who comes to destroy the foundation, so that the Spirit Son cannot build upon it His kingdom. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2018, 04:43 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Fulfill means to establish, like a foundation is established or laid down, even with the idea of a woman being laid down to produce new life/increase, a helpmeet. He comes in us to fulfill or establish the law IN US. This is why He is the chief cornerstone, the cornerstone of a FOUNDATION that is being laid. No man lays a cornerstone of a foundation, then doesn't bother to lay the rest of the foundation. The law is a foundation, the same as the waters below the firmament He walks upon. To deny this is to deny the waters below the firmament, to deny G-d's basic creation. This is why He said He didn't come to destroy it; why WOULD He? He said the THIEF cometh not but to kill, steal and DESTROY. He is the one who comes to destroy the foundation, so that the Spirit Son cannot build upon it His kingdom. Peace
I agree with you in some respects but you seem to think the kingdom is about the individual whereas I believe that the purpose of scripture is building a righteousness kingdom on earth, to rule the earth (through the messiah) ...... which is not about a Jewish, Greek, Roman, Christian, Islamic kingdom ..... it is Israel which comes out of those things (resurrection)

The foundation relates to the kingdom of God which is detailed in the Torah and prophets, but I believe scribes, prophets, priests have misused it

Jeremiah 5:31
The prophets prophesy falsely, And the priests rule on their own authority; And My people love it so! But what will you do at the end of it?

Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth.
Rom 1:19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them.

Rom 1:21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
Rom 1:22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

Jesus (the man) was a prophet (like Moses) he does not enter the promised land, he dies ........... resurrection is about the spiritual/miraculous which are symbolic and point to the actual kingdom which is shrouded in symbolic language of sun, moon, stars, angels, food, fish, water, rivers, mountains, beasts, lambs, lions, Egypt, Babylon, etc it seems to me that all along there has been a mixing of the symbolic with the literal which results in corruption.

I believe that scripture is inspired but I am coming to the conclusion that a large portion of it is not literal or actual history, it is more prophetic/allegoric

Old 03-26-2018, 08:52 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
I agree with you in some respects but you seem to think the kingdom is about the individual whereas I believe that the purpose of scripture is building a righteousness kingdom on earth, to rule the earth (through the messiah) ...... which is not about a Jewish, Greek, Roman, Christian, Islamic kingdom ..... it is Israel which comes out of those things (resurrection)

The foundation relates to the kingdom of God which is detailed in the Torah and prophets, but I believe scribes, prophets, priests have misused it

Jeremiah 5:31
The prophets prophesy falsely, And the priests rule on their own authority; And My people love it so! But what will you do at the end of it?

Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth.
Rom 1:19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them.

Rom 1:21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
Rom 1:22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

Jesus (the man) was a prophet (like Moses) he does not enter the promised land, he dies ........... resurrection is about the spiritual/miraculous which are symbolic and point to the actual kingdom which is shrouded in symbolic language of sun, moon, stars, angels, food, fish, water, rivers, mountains, beasts, lambs, lions, Egypt, Babylon, etc it seems to me that all along there has been a mixing of the symbolic with the literal which results in corruption.

I believe that scripture is inspired but I am coming to the conclusion that a large portion of it is not literal or actual history, it is more prophetic/allegoric

Did you forget Yeshua said the kingdom of G-d is WITHIN YOU? Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity