Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 10:29 AM

1,867 posts, read 1,524,616 times

Advertisements

The 2 greatest commandments says what ?

1. Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

2. Love the Lord with all your heart, mind, soul and strength.

The 613 or so old law ordinances is replaced today ----John 1:17.

What is grace and truth today?

Certainly the offering of an animal provided grace in ancient times .

Grace and truth today is simply another form of grace with Jesus being our atonement for sin today.

Whatever form of grace was given you still had laws to follow the whole time---John 8:32.

While no 613 old law ordinances today how about :

The 10 commandments today----Exodus 20.

The 2 greatest commandments today

Water baptism today---John 3:5.

Segregation today---2 Cor. 6:14-17 and Titus 3:10 and Amos 3:3 and Matthew 7:6 and Gal. 1:8-9.

Unity today----1 Cor. 1 and John 17:21 and Psalms 133:1.

Christian attire today---1 Peter 3:3 and 1 Timothy 2.

Women doctrine in the church today---1 Cor. 14:34-35.

Tongue and prophecy rules in the church today----ALL of 1 Cor. 14.

Christian parties today---1 Peter 4:1-4.

Christian marriage today----1 Timothy 5:9 and Romans 7:2-3.

Publishing rules today----Matthew 5:18 and Revelation 22:18-19.

God intrepretation of all the bible today----2 Peter 1:20-21 and Colossians 2:8.

Christian counsel today---Psalms 1.

All the bible making you a Christian today---Matthew 4:4 and Luke 4:4 and John 8:31 and
2 Timothy 3:16.

Brethren rebuke today----James 5:20.

Studying today----2 Timothy 2:15 and John 5:39 and 1 Cor. 8:2.

Repentance to get grace today----1 John 1:9 and Romans 6:1 and Romans 6:15 and John 8:31.

Correct prayer today----John 17:9.

Correct evangelism today----Matthew 7:6.

Modesty with faith and ambition today----1 Timothy 6 and Luke 12:15 and Luke 3:14 and
Romans 12:3.

The Holy Spirit speaking from all the bible only today---John 6:63 and 1 John 2:27 and
Romans 10:17.

Correct teaching on the baptism of repentance today---Romans 11:29 and Romans 6:1 and
Romans 6:15 and 1 John 1:9.

Suffering in being despised by everybody today----Luke 6:26 and Matthew 10:22 and
Matthew 10:34-37.

Despising the wisdom of man to have the wisdom of God today---1 Cor. 1:25 and Isaiah 64:6 and
Jeremiah 10:23 and 1 Cor. 8:2 and John 5:39 and Psalms 8:4.

Putting God first today-----Matthew 6:33 and Matthew 4:4 and Luke 4:4 and Luke 12:15 and
Acts 17:28 and John 14:26 and Psalms 119:105.

Bold and tough love today----2 Thessalonians 3:10.

Knowing the brethren with all the bible today---1 Thessalonians 5:12.

Complete teaching on whose a Christian today---John 8:31 and 2 Timothy 3:16.

Holy submission to the right leaders today---Romans 13:1 and Matthew 15:14 and Gal. 1:8-9 and
Ephesians 4:14.

Leaders ordained by other leaders today---Romans 13:1 .

1 Faith in the body of Christ only today----Ephesians 4:5 and 1 Cor. 1.

Preachers of God living off of the gospel today---1 Cor. 9:14.

Sowing into 100% bible believing ministries only today---Galations 1:8-9 and 1 Cor. 9:14.

Christianity is barely politician sermons to reach the lost----John 8:32 and Matthew 10:22.

Instead it's unity religion with 100% bible believers only today---Psalms 133:1 and John 8:31.

Matthew 3:2 was the first preached sermon after the death and resurrection of Jesus.

Repent for the kingdom of God is at hand.

It wasn't for God so loved the world, etc. -----John 3:16.

Repent of what you might ask ?

Anything unlike Christ !!

In the Pharisees case it was despising John 1:17 and living under the 613 old law ordinances still.

In the case today it's people mocking the least of the commandments that have nothing to do with the 613 old law ordinances today-----Matthew 5:17-20.

What are they you might ask ?

Isn't it water baptism today---John 3:5 ?

Isn't it segregation today---2 Cor. 6:14-17 ?

Isn't it Christian attire today---1 Peter 3:3 and 1 Timothy 2 ?

Isn't it Christian parties today----1 Peter 4:1-4 ?

Isn't it Christian marriage today---1 Timothy 5:9 and Romans 7:2-3 ?

Isn't it women doctrine in the church today----1 Cor. 14:34-35 ?

Isn't it tongue and prophecy rules in the church today----ALL of 1 Cor. 14 ?

Isn't it Godhead beliefs today----John 8:24 ?

Isn't it publishing rules today----Matthew 5:18 and Revelation 22:18-19 ?

Isn't it brethren rebuke today---James 5:20 ?

Isn't it being despised today----Luke 6:26 and Matthew 10:22 and Matthew 10:34-37 ?

Isn't it despising the wisdom of man today---1 Cor. 1:25 and Isaiah 64:6 and Jeremiah 10:23 and
Psalms 8:4 and Acts 17:28 ?

Certainly the 10 commandments and the 2 greatest commandments are not the least of the
commandments today----John 8:32 and Matthew 5:17-20.

Again the noble goal is to unite with 100% bible believers so the body of Christ is actually
in existence----Psalms 133:1 and Amos 3:3 and John 17:21.

Jesus is a lover but he's not a politician for everybody running to him.

Was it John that called the Pharisees a generation of vipers ?

They we're running to go to the water baptism meeting without a mind to do away with the
613 old law ordinances now.

They figured their Jewish roots to Abraham gave them an inheritance in heaven .

That's why John called them a generation of vipers. Who warned you to flee from the wrath of God he mentioned. He told them to bring forth fruits met for repentance.

Today people running to God without a mind to live out the least of the commandments today and not
just the 10 commandments and the 2 greatest commandments only----John 8:32 and John 8:31 and again Matthew 5:17-20.

The least of the commandments today is not the 613 old law ordinances today---John 8:32 and
John 1:17 and Matthew 5:17-20 and Ephesians 2:8 and Ephesians 2:9-10 too.

Fakes, deceivers, deceived and 90% bible believers can take an exit from this board and yoke with their
kind only----Matthew 7:6 and 2 Cor. 6:14-17 and 2 Cor. 4:3 and Titus 3:10.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2012, 11:26 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times
...Amen Tony.

The Lord said Himself..."IF YOU LOVE ME, KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS" ... and "IF YOU WILL HAVE LIFE, KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS" ...

He does not consider the "version" of love so many have as the "LOVE" He requires for you to have eternal life unless it is in keeping His commandments.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:36 AM

63,808 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytonytony View Post
The 2 greatest commandments says what ?

1. Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

2. Love the Lord with all your heart, mind, soul and strength.

The 613 or so old law ordinances is replaced today ----John 1:17.

What is grace and truth today?

Certainly the offering of an animal provided grace in ancient times .
I reject this savage and barbarous belief that the deliberate taking of an innocent baby animal (lamb) is in any way an act of grace . . . especially not to (or from) ANY God who would require it as a sacrifice!!!Perpetuating this ancient barbarity in the minds of civilized people is a crime against humanity, IMO. Belief in a God who would demand such barbarity for ANY reason is unconscionable. Our God IS love and could never countenance nor demand any such thing for ANY reason. Christ commanded us to "love God and each other" daily and repent when we don't, period! All this ancient barbarism and superstition needs to be erased from the hearts and minds of humanity forever.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:08 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...Amen Tony.

The Lord said Himself..."IF YOU LOVE ME, KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS" ... and "IF YOU WILL HAVE LIFE, KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS" ...

He does not consider the "version" of love so many have as the "LOVE" He requires for you to have eternal life unless it is in keeping His commandments.
Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

Loving man is loving God - loving God is loving man. You cannot do one without doing the other.

This is what Jesus taught in the parable of the Good Samaritan.

"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.' You cannot do one without the other.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:32 PM

1,867 posts, read 1,524,616 times
Default His Commandments Today And Not 12 Only ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...Amen Tony.

God that said love me and not steal is the same God that said love me and get water baptised.

God that said love me and not lie is the same God that said love me and put on Christian attire.

God that said love me and not do adultery is the same God that said love me and rebuke your brethren in bible error.

God that said love your neighbor as you love yourself is the same God that said love me and segregate from unbelievers today.

God that said love me and not bear false witness is the same God that said love me and have a Christian
marriage.

God that said love me and not judge is the same God that said love me and not pray for unbelievers in the world.

We're not bound to the 613 old law ordinances today----Ephesians 2:8.

We are accountable for every other law in the bible or commandment---Matthew 5:17-20.

Least mean the least today-----Matthew 5:17-20 and Romans 3:1-4.

Obvously the least not the 10 commandments today----John 8:32.

While not 613 laws to account for today ; certainly more then 12 today-----John 8:32.

Actually when you love the Lord with all your heart, mind, soul and strength this will actually
cover the least of his commandments for today: ( Matthew 5:17-20)

Water baptism---John 3:5
Christian attire--1 Peter 3:3
Christian marriage---Romans 7:2-3
Brethren rebuke---James 5:20
Segregation---2 Cor. 6:14-17
etc, etc, etc.

They have nothing to do with the 613 old law ordinances did away with today---John 8:32.

If you break the least of his commandments and teach men so you shall be the least in the kingdom of
God-----Matthew 5:17-20.

More then 12 commandments to love God today-----John 8:32 and John 5:39.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:38 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytonytony View Post
God that said love me and not steal is the same God that said love me and get water baptised.

God that said love me and not lie is the same God that said love me and put on Christian attire.

God that said love me and not do adultery is the same God that said love me and rebuke your brethren in bible error.

God that said love your neighbor as you love yourself is the same God that said love me and segregate from unbelievers today.

God that said love me and not bear false witness is the same God that said love me and have a Christian
marriage.

God that said love me and not judge is the same God that said love me and not pray for unbelievers in the world.

We're not bound to the 613 old law ordinances today----Ephesians 2:8.

We are accountable for every other law in the bible or commandment---Matthew 5:17-20.

Least mean the least today-----Matthew 5:17-20 and Romans 3:1-4.

Obvously the least not the 10 commandments today----John 8:32.

While not 613 laws to account for today ; certainly more then 12 today-----John 8:32.

Actually when you love the Lord with all your heart, mind, soul and strength this will actually
cover the least of his commandments for today: ( Matthew 5:17-20)

Water baptism---John 3:5
Christian attire--1 Peter 3:3
Christian marriage---Romans 7:2-3
Brethren rebuke---James 5:20
Segregation---2 Cor. 6:14-17
etc, etc, etc.

They have nothing to do with the 613 old law ordinances did away with today---John 8:32.

If you break the least of his commandments and teach men so you shall be the least in the kingdom of
God-----Matthew 5:17-20.

More then 12 commandments to love God today-----John 8:32 and John 5:39.
For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

O the misery of the burden you bare.

Old 10-06-2012, 04:19 PM

8,172 posts, read 6,924,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I reject this savage and barbarous belief that the deliberate taking of an innocent baby animal (lamb) is in any way an act of grace . . . especially not to (or from) ANY God who would require it as a sacrifice!!!Perpetuating this ancient barbarity in the minds of civilized people is a crime against humanity, IMO. Belief in a God who would demand such barbarity for ANY reason is unconscionable. Our God IS love and could never countenance nor demand any such thing for ANY reason. Christ commanded us to "love God and each other" daily and repent when we don't, period! All this ancient barbarism and superstition needs to be erased from the hearts and minds of humanity forever.
couldn't have said it better myself.

Old 10-06-2012, 05:00 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,211,332 times
Love the Lord with all your heart, mind, soul and strength.
Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

FYI...this isn't PART of Christianity...this is ALL of it and this is where Christianity usually fails and why people no longer take Christians seriously anymore because they are too busy judging and condemning when they should just be LOVING OTHERS.

Jesus said do these commandments and EVERYTHING else will be added to you...that's all there is to it.

Old 10-07-2012, 06:17 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
We are the image of God, as Jesus and pcamps have said, loving our neighbour IS loving God. We are all united by love, but wholeness, but Life.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:16 AM

63,808 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
couldn't have said it better myself.
Thanks sparrow . . . but your history of beautiful posts belies that, precious sister. Your posts always edify and uplift our hearts and spirits. In Christ's love,
Mystic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity