Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 03:46 PM

1,867 posts, read 1,526,601 times

Advertisements

Good people can meet each other in a bar----John 8:32.

That's not Christianity though-----1 Peter 4:1-4.

Good people can meet each other in a traditional dressed wedding---John 8:32.

That's not Christianity though----1 Peter 3:3.

Good people can meet each other for work on Saturday----John 8:32.

That's not Christianity though----Hebrews 4.

Good people can meet each other and replace the bible with Greek and Hebrew education---John 8:32.

That's not Christianity though----1 John 2:27.

Good people can meet each other and talk about how they talked their boss into getting a
pay raise----John 8:32.

That's not Christianity though---Luke 3:14.

Good people can meet each other and talk about how they have name and claim anything
faith---John 8:32.

That's not Christianity though---Romans 12:3.

Good people can meet each other and believe 90% of the bible only----John 8:32.

That's not Christianity though-----John 8:31.

Good people can meet each other and have a grace centered theology----John 8:32.

That's not Christianity though-----Romans 6:1.

Good people can meet each other and brag about being delivered from drugs and
alcohol only------John 8:32.

That's not Christianity though-----Matthew 4:4.

Good people can meet each other and be lawless with the old law ordinances today
only----John 8:32.

That's not Christianity though------Matthew 5:17-20.

Good people can meet each other and believe in formal church meetings only---John 8:32.

That's not Christianity though----Galations 1:8-9.

Good people can meet each other without a baptism pool experience-----John 8:32.

That's not Christianity though----John 3:5.

Good people can meet each other and say I do in marriage only-----John 8:32.

That's not Christianity though---Romans 7:2-3.

Good people can meet each other and have a good friendship only----John 8:32.

That's not Christianity though---2 Cor. 6:14-17.

Good people can meet each other and respect their philosophical views only---John 8:32.

That's not Christianity though-----2 Peter 1:20-21.

Good people can meet each other and believe and obey the 10 commandments only---John 8:32.

That's not Christianity though----Matthew 5:17-20.

Good people can meet each other and testify of their moral prosperity success only---John 8:32.

That's not Christianity though---1 Timothy 6.

Good people can meet each other and love everybody only----John 8:32.

That's not Christianity though----1 John 2:15.

Good people can meet each other and do evangelism with everybody---John 8:32.

That's not Christianity though----Matthew 7:6.

Good people can meet each other and be prayer intercessors for everybody----John 8:32.

That's not Christianity though---John 17:9.

Good people can meet each other and be hungry for a big shot to expound on the bible
enough only----John 8:32.

Good people can meet each other and depend on others to study and know the bible
enough only----John 8:32.

That's not Christianity though----2 Timothy 2:15.

Good people can meet each other with their edited bibles replacing the bible---John 8:32.

Good people can meet each other and have 1 earthly bishop of a ministry only---John 8:32.

That's not Christianity though---Romans 13:1.

Good people can meet each other and go off in tongues only----John 8:32.

That's not Christianity though-----ALL of 1 Cor. 14.

Good people can meet each other and make tongues the baptism of repentance
message----John 8:32.

That's not Christianity though----Romans 11:29.

Good people can meet each other and make denominations the faith of Jesus Christ---John 8:32.

That's not Christianity though----Ephesians 4:5.

Good people can meet each other and define the Holy Spirit as an innocent voice in the flesh
only---John 8:32.

That's not Christianity though----John 6:63 and Romans 10:17.

Good people can meet each other and esteem the wisdom of man to be a successful person
only-----John 8:32.

That's not Christianity though---Jeremiah 10:23 and Isaiah 64:6.

Good people can meet each other and try to be a Christian with their common sense
only----John 8:32.

That's not Christianity though----John 5:39 and Acts 17:28 and Psalms 119:105 and
John 14:26.

Again the noble goal is to attract 100% bible believers to each other only----Psalms 133:1.

Flattery and education is never the goal behind writing and posting here.

That mean 90% bible believers can exit from here and never come back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 07:50 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,531,525 times
It should be people going to worship God. Going to communion to receive his Body and Blood. Doesn't matter if I even talk to anyone else there, I have worshiped God and that is the most important thing.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:17 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,212,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
It should be people going to worship God. Going to communion to receive his Body and Blood. Doesn't matter if I even talk to anyone else there, I have worshiped God and that is the most important thing.
Actually....the Apostle Paul indicated it was for fellowship and corporate worship. We should not neglect assembling together, as some have done. It's not JUST worship (although that is a major reason for going). By the language you used, I'm assuming you're Catholic? No judgment either way....but I know that Catholics tend to view the Eucharist as the focal point of the Mass. The early church didn't seem to feel the same way.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:19 PM

That's true and that is what most churches do but if I am out of town and do not know anybody in that church I still go to church to worship God anyway.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:24 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,809,545 times
The church is for redeemed people (and those seeking God) to worship, study God's word, fellowship, and serve, together.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
The church is for redeemed people (and those seeking God) to worship, study God's word, fellowship, and serve, together.
Church is a hospital for sinners. I hope people don't think they have to be redeemed in order to attend church. Yes, one needs to be seeking God and worshiping Him but that is also another reason they go.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Church is a hospital for sinners. I hope people don't think they have to be redeemed in order to attend church.
Uh, that's why I added the parentheses.

Quote:
Yes, one needs to be seeking God and worshiping Him but that is also another reason they go.
Who besides the redeemed & seekers participate in church?

Old 11-07-2012, 10:07 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,483,906 times
if u give this sermon in church i guarantee i will fall asleep.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Uh, that's why I added the parentheses.

Who besides the redeemed & seekers participate in church?
Well for one person I know of, my BIL. He will sometimes go with my sister but he has no interest in joining the church and he hasn't even been baptized. I think a lot of relatives/spouses are in the same boat. They will go sometimes when they feel like it to be with the person who is going to church.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Well for one person I know of, my BIL. He will sometimes go with my sister but he has no interest in joining the church and he hasn't even been baptized. I think a lot of relatives/spouses are in the same boat. They will go sometimes when they feel like it to be with the person who is going to church.
OK, how's this? The redeemed, seekers, and people forced to go. Anyone else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity