Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 02:02 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,386,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is fortunate that only PART within each of us is ever sinful . . . not ALL of us.

Yes. And also that the part that is sinful only has power when we are putting our attention on it rather than on the power of Christ/Love within us to triumph over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 02:06 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
What we believe rules us

To be spiritually minded is life and peace. You cannot have(experience the reality of it) life and peace while you believe you are desperately wicked.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:29 PM

33,225 posts, read 26,429,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Mike, God gave faith to everyone who believes. Otherwise no one could or would believe.

We are saved by grace so that no one can boast.
Faith does not come from God. I have already explained why in post #4. Ephesians 2:8 is not referring to faith as the gift from God, but that salvation is a gift from God. That gift is taken possession of through a faith response to the gospel message.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimaroon View Post
So let us stop judging and condemning each other but instead putting our trust in the one who alone is God...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What we believe rules us

To be spiritually minded is life and peace. You cannot have(experience the reality of it) life and peace while you believe you are desperately wicked.

I think it is also impossible not to judge and condemn others while we are believing that.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:52 PM

987 posts, read 1,118,583 times
I'm so very glad to see you back again, Cimaroon. I've missed you. I enjoy reading your intelligent presentations.

I agree with you. We were given an earnest of the Spirit when we believed. An earnest is not all that will be eventually received. It is a pledge that in due time, the whole will be given. This earnest payment is enough for us to begin to see the goodness and plan of God but it is not the whole and if it is not the whole then we are unable to be now what we will be when we receive the full payment of the Spirit and I agree with you, Cimaroon, that we will not have the fullness of the spirit until we bear the new heart that God will give us. If what we have now enables us to be perfect, then why is it called an earnest and why would we ever need anymore. Yes, if one were to be honest, as of yet, we still are impure and though many have a strong self control, we can't declare that we are perfect yet and I would bet, that when one does, he will pretty soon thereafter do, think and/or say something which is not a fruit of the Spirit.

We are given a measure of faith, some have a larger measure than others and like Paul, are able to do much more to further the Kingdom of Heaven. Some are just barely able to trust God for their food in the next day or two.

When I see men/women walking into hospitals and healing people on command, then I will believe that/those persons are walking embodiments of Christ. I don't mean an isolated healing here and there but the kind of miracles that empty hospitals. Christ Himself didn't heal everyone because that wasn't His mission at the time, but He said that we would be able to do greater things than He did and I don't see that happening. I mean I would think that the wind and sea will obey these persons, and every and any infirmity known to man, including missing limbs replaced, be gone from the victims. I think I'm pretty safe in believing that won't happen until the first resurrection.

Hope to see much more from you, C.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:55 PM

303 posts, read 430,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What we believe rules us

You cannot experience truth if you do not recognize the fact that you are desperately wicked!!!

Ecclesiastes 3:18
I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.

1 John 3:6-10
Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Romans 9:8
That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

If you commit sin it does not matter whether you know you are sinning or not(whether willful or ignorant) you are not a child of God. We are first born as children of the flesh. When this flesh dies we are sown in the ground in corruption but we are raised in incorruption (children of promise...I will deliver you from all your uncleannesses. Ez 36:29 this is God's promise and when he delivers us from the flesh we are children born of God hence why we can no longer commit sin for there is no longer any sin within us.)

Old 11-14-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
You cannot experience truth if you do not recognize the fact that you are desperately wicked!!!

Ecclesiastes 3:18
I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.

1 John 3:6-10
Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Romans 9:8
That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

If you commit sin it does not matter whether you know you are sinning or not(whether willful or ignorant) you are not a child of God. We are first born as children of the flesh. When this flesh dies we are sown in the ground in corruption but we are raised in incorruption (children of promise...I will deliver you from all your uncleannesses. Ez 36:29 this is God's promise and when he delivers us from the flesh we are children born of God hence why we can no longer commit sin for there is no longer any sin within us.)
I feel we will go around in circles on this one. Keep seeing yourself as a beast and experience what you believe is the truth that comes from that. I formerly believed that way and was of all men most miserable,and nothing but sin conscious,continually sitting in judgement on myself and the sin I saw in others.saw no good in myself or others and couldn't help but reflect how I saw myself . As a man thinks in his heart so IS HE, sorry to sayyou are experiencing the same thing if you believe you are a desperately wicked beast.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Cimaroon, Jesus said that he is truth. Why does one need to "recognize they are desperately wicked" in order to experience Jesus/truth, in your opinion?

Old 11-14-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Cimaroon, Jesus said that he is truth. Why does one need to "recognize they are desperately wicked" in order to experience Jesus/truth, in your opinion?
Exactly.

When we see The Truth we put our faith in Him. Truth is God, not what we became having taken our eyes of God. Look to Him and Live.

He thus revealed his glory, and his disciples put their faith in him. John 2:11

Old 11-14-2012, 04:02 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
If we're not sinful, why do we need Jesus/God?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity