Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2013, 04:18 PM

473 posts, read 821,948 times

Advertisements

There were three renters living on a huge farm. They all had the same landlord. When they moved onto the farm the Landlord told them these things.--I am an honest and true man, I always keep my promises. Anything that you need--I will supply--Anything that you need done--I will do.Just keep my rules and remember my words.

Years go by. The Landlord then approaches his renters and tells them that He wants postholes dug on the farm and that they will do the digging. They know that all they have to dig with are spoons. He has the backhoe and is the only one that can operate it.They also know that he doesn't lend it out. They aren't allowed to use His equipment.

The first renter immediately goes out and starts digging postholes with his spoon. He likes his landlord and wants to please him.

The second renter thinks to himself--my landlord is crazy--I'm not digging postholes with a spoon. Let him do it himself.

The third renter looks at his Landlord and says--I KNOW that you are a true and honest Landlord and that you keep your word. I know that you do not expect me to dig postholes with my spoon. You said that you would do anything for me and that you would supply all that I need. I have been a good renter and obeyed your rules.I know that you don't loan your backhoe. So what will you supply me with to get the job done?

The Landlord looks at his renter and says---You have remembered my words and KNOW that my words/truths are true. Now they will will work for you. You have had faith and trust that I am true and honest and I always keep my promises. I will dig the postholes with my backhoe for you. In the beginning I supplied you with the tools to do anything that you need done. For I had given you my word----DID YOU NOT DIG THE POSTHOLES?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 04:20 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila Renae View Post
There were three renters living on a huge farm. They all had the same landlord. When they moved onto the farm the Landlord told them these things.--I am an honest and true man, I always keep my promises. Anything that you need--I will supply--Anything that you need done--I will do.Just keep my rules and remember my words.

Years go by. The Landlord then approaches his renters and tells them that He wants postholes dug on the farm and that they will do the digging. They know that all they have to dig with are spoons. He has the backhoe and is the only one that can operate it.They also know that he doesn't lend it out. They aren't allowed to use His equipment.

The first renter immediately goes out and starts digging postholes with his spoon. He likes his landlord and wants to please him.

The second renter thinks to himself--my landlord is crazy--I'm not digging postholes with a spoon. Let him do it himself.

The third renter looks at his Landlord and says--I KNOW that you are a true and honest Landlord and that you keep your word. I know that you do not expect me to dig postholes with my spoon. You said that you would do anything for me and that you would supply all that I need. I have been a good renter and obeyed your rules.I know that you don't loan your backhoe. So what will you supply me with to get the job done?

The Landlord looks at his renter and says---You have remembered my words and KNOW that my words/truths are true. Now they will will work for you. You have had faith and trust that I am true and honest and I always keep my promises. I will dig the postholes with my backhoe for you. In the beginning I supplied you with the tools to do anything that you need done. For I had given you my word----DID YOU NOT DIG THE POSTHOLES?
Not a bad illustration. That would preach.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:38 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,832,045 times
Good illustration ... Sounds similar to another Landlord-Tenant parable.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:50 AM

473 posts, read 821,948 times
God doesn't contradict Himself--man does. When He states that there is no respect of persons, everyone is responsible for their own sins and all are equal in His eyes--He means it. He never stops us from misinterpreting His word, He expects us to ASK for clarification. This is why it seems like there are so many contradictions in the Bible. We have to seek Him in spirit and in truth and ask HIM for clarification and EXPECT Him to answer. He can answer in ways that will leave NO DOUBT as to where the answer came from, we just have forgotten how to listen and pay attention.
Yeshua Bless You
P.S. If we have a true and Holy God then He gave to us in the BEGINNING ALL that we would ever need to please Him. The Ten Commandments He gave us Himself written by His own hand. He told us to meditate on them day and night and to never deviate from them. He also warned us that not all quickening spirits where of Him and to test all spirits against the truth and His words. There was a veil over the Old Testament until Christ arrived on the scene to clarify the truth.
Are there some problems with the Old Testament--I think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity