Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 02:55 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
I prefer the whole "look at me, I'm not God, nor do pretend to understand him or his word perfectly." What is really silly is pretending a perspective has won when it is constantly bombarded with opposing arguments that haven't been proficiently debunked anywhere near beyond a reasonable doubt.

I suppose if ones job is dependent on a maintaining a rigid structure of belief, its quite a bit harder to even consider a more opposing arguments.. In a company, a salesman is biased towards their product even if a better product comes along. Good thing there are people in the company who figure out ways to improve the product and make the product competative...believe it or not, this has there have been such people in the Christian Church over our long history. They didn't change scripture they simply "reunderstood it" and oftentimes to a more logical and biblical degree.
Reincarnation certainly hits a nerve, like I said it's taboo to discuss on a christian forum. It's something ET'rs and UR'ers can agree upon too. I'm open to it, but don't dwell on it. Hope it doesn't happen. Coming here once is enough for me. One also has to ask why do some live to 15 and others 115? I think there is a verse in Genesis somewhere as well that God says I will give man 120 years to mend his evil ways, something to that effect. Plus, if you are open to the possibility of NDEs, it's mentioned often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 06:02 AM

910 posts, read 1,338,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
No...the Bible does eliminate the idea of reincarnation. We live once and are subject to judgment. That's it. We don't get to live again in hopes of getting it right.
I am interested in knowing where the Bible elliminates the concept of reincarnation. What would be more correct is to say that "my current understanding of the Bible means I disbelief reincarnation". I would understand such a genuine acceptance that there are things you do not understand, nor can you ever understand unless you allow the Spirit to guide you.

True Paul had said that it is appointed unto man to die once and after that judgment. That is true, but what exactly was he saying? He means that when you exit, the world, you are immediately judged and that judgement may mcan your coming back to serve the judgment. When you kill and exit the world without being killed, God's judgment still follows you to your next incarnation where you must also be killed tragically. That is in a nutshell what happened to John the Baptist, who was in a former incarnation Mr Elijah. As Elijah he committed numerous murders and was not made to account for these murders. When he came as John, he paid the full price for his earlier murders. God does not make mistakes and nothing takes him by surprise. He is the chief planner of all things.

When John was detained, he thought that having known God, his predicament will be lightened ny Christ making a pronouncement on his behalf. When Christ was not forth coming, he started having doubts if he was the real Christ and sent his disciples to express that opinion. God's judgment must be fulfilled and he paid the price.

Now you do not belief in reincarnation because you think Elijah did not die. That is true, the man exited this mundane plane in a chariot, but he did exit, didn't he? There are many ways to exit this plane of manifest. You can exit by death or by divine separation. Nobody goes with his mortal body to an immaterial plane. So at some point in his flight towards heaven, his physical body would have been translated to his spiritual body, well away from the prying eyes of mortal men.

Why is this concept important? It is clear that the Jews were awaiting Mr Elijah to drop from the skies in a chariot of fire before they believe the Messiah. Millions of Jews are still awaiting the Christ today because of not seeing Elijah. Fortunately, Christ himself acknowledged that John was Elijah. So if Christ is correct, how was it possible for John who was born to be Elijah who did not die? See we are starting from the known- Christ admission to the unknown, the concept of reincarnation.

If the human existence on earth is underlined by water, blood and spirit, where does the spirit come from? Do you imagine that God, is in the ever creating spirits like he created Adam? The Holy being has set forth a system, where the womb of a woman becomes the means where all spirits incarnate into the material world. He himself was born into the world, so other spirits with missions on earth follow the same route. The problem we have understanding these secrets is that the angels of death are yet to be removed. Those angels when fully removed will enable you to know who one person or the other really is.

Some of us are prophets, some are angels and some of us worked with Jesus in previous incarnations. No matter, what we do in our current incarnations, we will still be accountable.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:50 PM

1,373 posts, read 1,655,077 times
Yes it's true that many Jews believe in reincarnation. The disciples apparently believed this because they asked Jesus in Jn, 9:1:"Rabbi, who sinned this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" How could he have sinned unless he lived another life? Jesus did not rebuke his disciples for asking this question. Also, some priests and Levites asked John the Baptist if he were Elijah or "the Prophet" (Jn. 1:21). Although John, being an ascetic, humble man, denied either, Jesus said that "if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who is to come. He who has ears, let him hear (Mt. 11:14)." Then, in Rev. 11:6, it is a possibility that the two witnesses could be reincarnations of Elijah and Moses. "These men have power to shut up the sky so that it will not rain during the time they are prophesying; and they have power to turn the waters into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague as often as they want (NIV)." So then, although the Bible is not tremendously clear about reincarnation, it does not necessarily preclude belief in it either. There are many things that the Bible is not clear about or does not speak about at all. Does that make something untrue? Are there no proofs of something being true except if it is found in the Bible? There are many documented cases of children knowing things that they could not have possibly known unless they had previously lived another life. Why are so many Christians so close-minded and quick to judge people who don't believe the way they do? Is it out of fear or pride? This type of attitude only breeds hatred and division, and is responsible for many wars. We should be tolerant and open-minded to other views. Jesus promoted this attitude: "He who has ears, let him hear."

Old 05-16-2013, 10:17 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,834,115 times
The whole concept of reincarnation is completely inconsistent with Christianity and the Bible. Jesus came 'that we might have life ... eternal and abundant', not so that we could pass back and forth between this temporary earthly life and eternal life with God.

Sure, a couple of isolated Bible passages/events could be construed to 'border' on reincarnation, but, the overall body of scripture says otherwise. "Faith by exception" is not really 'faith' at all.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:27 PM

670 posts, read 815,365 times
Yeah I believe in Reincarnation.

It's one of the things Gods grace saves us from when we commit to her.

I have memories from past lives,
but I will not bore you all with that, unless some one asks me about it.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:44 AM
Zur

949 posts, read 831,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Well, I think everyone should ponder different beliefs because I think it helps you in your path in life to discovering truth. I can understand why people believe in it. Though personally, I've thought about it every way possible years ago and pondered it very heavily. I ultimately rejected it. My view is that we are all in this together. Every single life lived will serve ALL in teaching us something of the POWER of LOVE and the destructive nature of NON-LOVE. Each human being does NOT need to go through countless lives. All of our lives together are interwoven (though we do not YET clearly see this.) What affects one, really does affect all in the grand scheme of things. And we will one day see the complete tapestry that all of our lives combined are WEAVING. Each life lived is a thread. A very special, unique and SACRED thread. There is only one you. And you are absolutely irreplacable.

We are each unique spirits and yet we are One.

(just my thoughts. no offense to those who believe differently.)
Peace,
sparrow
There is the one true God that has created the heavens and the earth. There are also other Gods that the bible calls idles. The one that practice Yoga for instance will receive another spirit that is not of God. The God`s of the east are idles and will not lead anyone into truth, but into destruction. Col 2:8 "Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy (imaginations of the mind) and through vain deceit.. " Incarnation is not of the truth. Therefore we have to know who the truth is , our Lord Jesus Christ and we have to follow His teachings and to submit to His Spirit, to love righteousness and the word of God and to practice it, the overcomers will have eternal life in the presence of God, they overcome by the blood of the lamb. There is only one way and our oneness is in the Lord, which is eternal life. Anyone who goes another way will perish (apollumi) and that means a change (Hebr 1:11+12). There is a resurrection of the just to eternal life and a resurrection to reproaches and to everlasting abhorrence (Dan 12:2 LITV).

Old 05-17-2013, 01:56 AM
Zur

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
They thought Jesus was the reincarnation of John the Baptist, they thought John the Baptist might be the Messiah. They believed in reincarnation because people are so similar. If Jesus didn't believe in reincarnation than how did that generation come to pass tasting death? Jesus said some hearing his sermon would not taste death before "all these things come to pass"
Some Jews believe in reincarnation today too, the Kabalist, a mysticism. But Jesus did not teach reincarnation, you twist God`s word, this life is the dressing room for eternity, here on earth our destiny is finished after death, judgement comes, this is what the bible teaches.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:07 AM
Zur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Agreed! -- but, I did see a TV show a little while back where people seriously believed in zombies ... and I don't think they can put things like that on TV if it's not true! ..... Bonjour!
The devil is a deceiver. A human dies but not the spirits that are in him, they go from generation to generation and they can deceive, that´s what makes it real. You can take a child from an alcoholic and put him in a good family, where is no alcohol. This child growing up is in great danger to become an alcoholic. The world calls this DNA, but they do not know about a spiritual world and believe in incarnation by deception.

Old 05-17-2013, 03:05 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulJourn View Post
Yes it's true that many Jews believe in reincarnation. The disciples apparently believed this because they asked Jesus in Jn, 9:1:"Rabbi, who sinned this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" How could he have sinned unless he lived another life? Jesus did not rebuke his disciples for asking this question. Also, some priests and Levites asked John the Baptist if he were Elijah or "the Prophet" (Jn. 1:21). Although John, being an ascetic, humble man, denied either, Jesus said that "if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who is to come. He who has ears, let him hear (Mt. 11:14)." Then, in Rev. 11:6, it is a possibility that the two witnesses could be reincarnations of Elijah and Moses. "These men have power to shut up the sky so that it will not rain during the time they are prophesying; and they have power to turn the waters into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague as often as they want (NIV)." So then, although the Bible is not tremendously clear about reincarnation, it does not necessarily preclude belief in it either. There are many things that the Bible is not clear about or does not speak about at all. Does that make something untrue? Are there no proofs of something being true except if it is found in the Bible? There are many documented cases of children knowing things that they could not have possibly known unless they had previously lived another life. Why are so many Christians so close-minded and quick to judge people who don't believe the way they do? Is it out of fear or pride? This type of attitude only breeds hatred and division, and is responsible for many wars. We should be tolerant and open-minded to other views. Jesus promoted this attitude: "He who has ears, let him hear."
For he who has ears, let him hear is an idiom for who the message is meant, let him understand...

Old 05-17-2013, 03:09 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zur View Post
There is the one true God that has created the heavens and the earth. There are also other Gods that the bible calls idles. The one that practice Yoga for instance will receive another spirit that is not of God. The God`s of the east are idles and will not lead anyone into truth, but into destruction. Col 2:8 "Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy (imaginations of the mind) and through vain deceit.. " Incarnation is not of the truth. Therefore we have to know who the truth is , our Lord Jesus Christ and we have to follow His teachings and to submit to His Spirit, to love righteousness and the word of God and to practice it, the overcomers will have eternal life in the presence of God, they overcome by the blood of the lamb. There is only one way and our oneness is in the Lord, which is eternal life. Anyone who goes another way will perish (apollumi) and that means a change (Hebr 1:11+12). There is a resurrection of the just to eternal life and a resurrection to reproaches and to everlasting abhorrence (Dan 12:2 LITV).
It is spelt I-D-O-L-S...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity