Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 07:07 PM

180 posts, read 475,325 times

Advertisements

This is an excerpt from a website.

If you have committed any of the violations of God's laws listed above, you should expect to go to the lake of fire. As with any transgression of law, we are convicted on the basis of our guilt with regard to the crime. The good things that we have done do not change or impact the charge for which we stand trial. Only those whose moral record is perfect or those who have been made righteous (i.e., based upon the moral perfection of Jesus Christ) will escape the great white throne judgment.
What Will Hell be Like?

Basically there was a list of things that if us humans were to do, it would not grant us access to heaven. ie...adultury, murder, vanity, yada yada....

How am I supposed to be perfect? This is so confusing. Please explain. There is not one person on this earth that is righteous. I guess we are all going to hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 07:17 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,889,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyurban View Post

If you have committed any of the violations of God's laws listed above, you should expect to go to the lake of fire. As with any transgression of law, we are convicted on the basis of our guilt with regard to the crime. The good things that we have done do not change or impact the charge for which we stand trial. Only those whose moral record is perfect or those who have been made righteous (i.e., based upon the moral perfection of Jesus Christ) will escape the great white throne judgment.
What Will Hell be Like?

Basically there was a list of things that if us humans were to do, it would not grant us access to heaven. ie...adultury, murder, vanity, yada yada....

How am I supposed to be perfect? This is so confusing. Please explain. There is not one person on this earth that is righteous. I guess we are all going to hell.
I think you missed the point. You either have to be perfect or you have to be perfected by being in Christ (identified with Him). His perfection is imparted to you when you trust Him as your Lord and Savior. You speak the truth when you say "There is not one person on this earth that is righteous", I don't know if you know it, but you basically just quoted a verse straight from the Bible.

Redemption and "perfection" are found only in Christ. Following Him is the only way to have abundant life now and eternal life forever.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:26 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:

What Will Hell be Like?

tony, the Good News is, JESUS came and died for all those sins and more so that by simply accepting him as your savior, you WILL be saved and enter into heaven when you die.

He paid the price for your sins already - you merely have to accept his great gift

Old 03-25-2013, 07:37 PM

180 posts, read 475,325 times
insightful answers you guys. Yeh, i meant to quote that verse. I actually forgot exactly which book its from. I just don't want to go to hell. The more and more this world goes one, with all the craziness happening, I get all anxious.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:50 PM

33,245 posts, read 26,463,354 times
Quote:

What Will Hell be Like?

When a person places his faith in Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins he is imputed with the perfect righteousness of God. It is on that basis that you receive the free gift of eternal life. We are justified, made righteous by faith in Christ.

Look at the following three passages.

Romans 3:20 because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin. 21] But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnssed by the Law and the Prophets, 22] even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction; 23] for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24] being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus.

Romans 4:1 What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh, had found? 2] For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. 3] For what does the Scripture say? ''Abraham believed God and it was credited to him as righteousnes.''

Romans 5:1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

It is not your righteousness by which you are saved, but by the fact that when you believe on Christ, you receive God's own righteousness. When God looks at the believer in Jesus Christ He sees His own perfect righteousness. Your disobedience as a believer brings discipline; not loss of salvation.

Now look at Ephesians 2:8 - For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9] not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

You are saved through faith in Christ. What is faith in Christ? It is simply believing that Jesus Christ died for your sins. That He bore your sins in His own body on the cross. That He took the punishment for your sins. Believing that, simply trust in Christ for your salvation. Cease from your efforts to try to earn salvation through your own merits.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:27 PM

8,178 posts, read 6,928,011 times
Quote:
insightful answers you guys. Yeh, i meant to quote that verse. I actually forgot exactly which book its from. I just don't want to go to hell. The more and more this world goes one, with all the craziness happening, I get all anxious.
You can't go someplace that doesn't exist.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:38 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,549,065 times
Quote:
Geez man...

Read the NT. If you have accepted Jesus you're covered.

Rest in the promises outlined in John 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
You can't go someplace that doesn't exist.
So what parts of the Bible do you reject? Matt 10:28 for starters? Jesus is quoted as saying: Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Maybe that stuff about having eternal life thru Christ is untrue in your opinion-also

Old 03-25-2013, 08:58 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,786,324 times
Paul is the deceiver who says no one is righteous. If that were the case Jesus would not have said the righteous would go off to eternal life, or that all those who do right will rise to live. Jesus said to use His words and follow Him, that He gave us an example to follow. He said "Once you know all these things, blessed will you be if you put them into practice." Christians follow Paul and say they follow Jesus just like Paul said he followed Jesus but never used His words. If you look at all the posts in the Christian forum you will see that they quote Paul far more than Jesus. So who do you think they follow. Jesus quoted the Father and the OT prophets that was His example. He did so because the so called Jews made up their own dogma instead of sticking to Gods word just as Paul did and now the Christians. Who do you think the beast is and its image? It is the so called Jews and the Christians.

Christ says; "Anyone who eats my flesh and drinks my blood will live forever and I shall raise him up on the last day."

It is written in the prophets; "When a wicked man turns from wickedness and does what is right and just because of this he will live"

Old 03-25-2013, 09:14 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Luke 12:22

Jesus said "Do not worry!"

Old 03-25-2013, 09:41 PM

33,245 posts, read 26,463,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Paul is the deceiver who says no one is righteous. If that were the case Jesus would not have said the righteous would go off to eternal life, or that all those who do right will rise to live. Jesus said to use His words and follow Him, that He gave us an example to follow. He said "Once you know all these things, blessed will you be if you put them into practice." Christians follow Paul and say they follow Jesus just like Paul said he followed Jesus but never used His words. If you look at all the posts in the Christian forum you will see that they quote Paul far more than Jesus. So who do you think they follow. Jesus quoted the Father and the OT prophets that was His example. He did so because the so called Jews made up their own dogma instead of sticking to Gods word just as Paul did and now the Christians. Who do you think the beast is and its image? It is the so called Jews and the Christians.

Christ says; "Anyone who eats my flesh and drinks my blood will live forever and I shall raise him up on the last day."

It is written in the prophets; "When a wicked man turns from wickedness and does what is right and just because of this he will live"
No, Paul was not a deceiver. What did Peter say about Paul? Look it up in 2 Peter 3:15-16. Here. Take a look.

2 Peter 3:15 and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you. 16] as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to undestand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.

And continuing on, Peter then says...

17] You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, be on your guard so that you are not carried away be the error of unprincipled men and fall from your own steadfastness. 18] but grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

So how according to Peter does the believer grow in grace and in the knowledge of Jesus Christ? In very large part, through the Pauline epistles.

And do you also think that Paul deceived God the Holy Spirit? Or that the Holy Spirit made a mistake when He said to the leaders of the Church at Antioch, ''...Set aside for Me Barnabas and Saul (Paul) for the work to which I have called them.'' (Acts 13:2)

Now, to keep this post on topic, when Paul and Silas were asked by the jailer what he must do to be saved, ''They said, ''Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved, you and your household.'' (Acts 16:31) The jailer's family also heard the gospel and were saved as a result.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity