Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 08:43 PM

222 posts, read 470,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I was ordained in the Cathedral of Quebec, September, 1833, by the Right Reverend Signaie, first Archbishop of Canada.This delegate of the pope, by imposing his hands on my head, gave me the power of converting a real wafer into the real substantial body, blood, soul and divinity of Jesus Christ! The bright illusion of Eve, when the deceiver told her "Ye shall be as gods," was child’s play compared with what I felt. My infallible Church placed me, not only on equal terms with my Saviour and God, but in reality above Him! Hereafter I would not only command, but create Him, not in a spiritual and mystical, but in a real, personal and most irresistible way.

The next day I was to say my first Mass, and work that incomparable miracle which the Church of Rome calls transubstantiation. Long before dawn I was dressed and on my knees. This was to be the most holy and glorious day of my life! Raised the day before to great dignity, I was now, for the first time, to work a miracle at the altar which no angel or seraph could do.

It is not an easy thing to go through all the ceremonies of a Mass. There are more than one hundred different ceremonies and positions of the body which must be observed with the utmost perfection. To omit one of them willingly, or through a culpable neglect or ignorance, is eternal damnation. But thanks to a dozen exercises the previous week, and the kind friends who guided me, I went through the performances much more easily than I expected. It lasted about an hour. But when it was over, I was really exhausted by the effort made to keep my mind and heart in unison with the infinite greatness of the mysteries accomplished by me.
When a rcc priest is excommunicated can he still perform the transubstantiation sacrament?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2013, 08:46 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,894,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonpostal View Post
When a rcc priest is excommunicated can he still perform the transubstantiation sacrament?
Sure, he can do whatever he wants. I doubt there is a law against it.

Old 09-14-2013, 11:58 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,461,258 times
You are the high priest of your home. If you have kids , it is your job to baptize. Your job to teach, and your job to hold the lords supper. Ordination is a man made concept. You have been ordained as the high priest by authority of God.

Old 09-15-2013, 03:29 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
The man would be excommunicated because he was forsaken by the leaders of the church , ...So if the man is a Baptized in the spirit of Christ goes and builds a different church outside the RCC and has Christians who have been baptized in the spirit of Christ , then all gifts of Heaven come from the blood of Jesus and not from the church , and the excommunication must never be unforgiveness which is a sin , excommunication is putting aside for peace in the spirit for the works of Christ to be error free of darkness spirit of division ...... See even Apostle Paul excommunicated two of the teachers who taught error, said to never curse them out of Christ , and they could be welcome back if they repented to Paul and got back into one accord of unity ...All gifts of the Holy Spirit are Holy Spirit who bring the blessing every time the Gift is used and it is impossible to bring blessings of Christ by wizardry , which is man without God

Old 09-15-2013, 06:22 AM

796 posts, read 858,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonpostal View Post
No priest can perform a "transubstantiation sacrament" since it's not real.

Old 09-15-2013, 07:10 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by balunman View Post
Seriously, and just look at the blasphemy involved in the attitude about doing it.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:10 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
I believe that they can, technically do it. I think the RCC considers a priest to be a priest for life--it isn't something that can be "undone". Of course, they consider it to be wrong if the priest does it against church orders.

Old 09-15-2013, 09:16 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,341,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by balunman View Post

The Bible PREVIEW -- The Last Supper - YouTube

I am always baffled at how some protestant sects mocked the eucharist. Do they skip that part of the NT?

Old 09-15-2013, 09:24 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post

The Bible PREVIEW -- The Last Supper - YouTube

I am always baffled at how some protestant sects mocked the eucharist. Do they skip that part of the NT?
No they read it without the sacerdotal filter.

Old 09-15-2013, 10:13 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,341,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
No they read it without the sacerdotal filter.
They lack the proper training. They may not know. And they never do the Eucharist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity