Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 08:19 AM

11 posts, read 8,265 times

Advertisements

Islam respect and revere Jesus (peace be upon him) and muslims respect and venerate Jesus Christ more of christians themselves and they consider him to be one of God’s greatest messengers to humankind. and his mother Mary is regarded as one of the most pure and exalted women of all creation, Three chapters of the Quran feature the life of Jesus, his mother Mary and their family,there is a chapter in the Quran named Mary and she is mentioned 34 times in the Quran, She is honored greatly in Islam,each reveals details not found in the Bible.
the Christian does not know that In the Holy Quran Jesus (pbuh) is mentioned by name five times more than the number of times the prophet of Islam is mentioned in the Book of God.
in islame one cannot be a Muslim without believing in Jesus.
alot of muslims are calling their sons jesus (issa) because they respect and love and venerate Jesus Christ,but what i don't understand why Christians don't call their sons (issa) although they consider him as son of god????

It is sad that many Christians do not know that Jesus, peace be upon him, holds a very high position within Islam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2016, 12:01 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,334,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zianizinou View Post
Islam respect and revere Jesus (peace be upon him) and muslims respect and venerate Jesus Christ more of christians themselves and they consider him to be one of God’s greatest messengers to humankind. and his mother Mary is regarded as one of the most pure and exalted women of all creation, Three chapters of the Quran feature the life of Jesus, his mother Mary and their family,there is a chapter in the Quran named Mary and she is mentioned 34 times in the Quran, She is honored greatly in Islam,each reveals details not found in the Bible.
the Christian does not know that In the Holy Quran Jesus (pbuh) is mentioned by name five times more than the number of times the prophet of Islam is mentioned in the Book of God.
alot of muslims are calling their sons jesus (issa) because they respect and love and venerate Jesus Christ,but what i don't understand why Christians don't call their sons (issa) although they consider him as son of god????

It is sad that many Christians do not know that Jesus, peace be upon him, holds a very high position within Islam.

FWIW, many people of Hispanic culture are in fact named "Jesus" (pronounced "haysuz")---it is not a common name in many other languages like English---perhaps because of concerns in those cultures about possibly disrespecting the Holy Name. of course the name of Mary (also Mariam, Maria, Marie) is a common name in many Christian cultures. again, FWIW, Jesus/Yeshua/Joshua ("YHWH saves") and the closely related Jesse/Isai/Yeshai ("YWHW is" or "YWHW'S gift") were not uncommon names among the Jews in ancient times, either and in fact Joshua and Jesse are still common names in Christian and Jewish cultures.

As-salamu alaykum. Shalom aleichem, peace be with you on your journey.

Last edited by georgeinbandonoregon; 12-09-2016 at 12:28 PM..

Old 12-10-2016, 04:04 AM

9,691 posts, read 10,027,043 times
From what Christianity believes is that God came to earth and was born into a virgin Mary were Jesus was born , so Jesus became the son of God , so when they killed Jesus , God made Jesus a judgment for sin for people to turn to Jesus and obey His teaching and seek God out and also become one in unity with God through Jesus , were Jesus was killed but was raised from the dead by God and now reigns through God with God the creator Power , through the Spirit of God .............So How does God the Creator and Son of God Jesus and Spirit of God, Holy Spirit are not Three Gods , but One God in All , as God is Omni present which He is everywhere at the same time , except God can see evil , but does not engage in evil ............. .So with the Quran Jesus the messenger is venerated , where with Christian the living Jesus is glorified and is the redeemer of sin , as God is also Sinless , so with people who are redeemed of sin and even devil spirits through Jesus will be in unity with the living God .........

Old 12-10-2016, 07:50 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,711,177 times
It is sad how people in the West have so very little understanding of Islam and such a skewed image of Islamic people. American Christians overall are not that knowledgeable about history or the world. Americans are taught from their youth that there is no greater nation on earth than America and they largely believe it.,snip I'm glad Muslims are not told to hate Jesus. I do think Christians are taught to hate Islam.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 12-10-2016 at 12:04 PM.. Reason: snipped the off topic political references and off topis Israel comments

Old 12-10-2016, 09:20 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,204,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
It is sad how people in the West have so very little understanding of Islam and such a skewed image of Islamic people. I'm glad Muslims are not told to hate Jesus. I do think Christians are taught to hate Islam.<snip> .
Moderator cut: orphaned response
I have never been taught to hate Islam, or taught anyone to do the same. Please stop making generalized statements about us.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 12-10-2016 at 04:43 PM.. Reason: due to the delete I left out "nor" and put your "I" before have OK?

Old 12-10-2016, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Moderator cut: orphaned portion of quote

I have never been taught to hate Islam, or taught anyone to do the same. Please stop making generalized statements about us.
have to agree with Viz on this. don't recall ever being taught to hate the followers of Islam or that they or anyone else regardless of ethnic or religious background "deserved" anything but fair treatment in law and in basic every day human relations. that there is ignorance, fear, and misunderstanding on BOTH sides is a sad truth but NEITHER side can be regarded as either only "innocent victim" or only "evil aggressor"---Christian, Muslim, Jew, (and everybody else, too) are all because of their common human nature imperfect, sad, and sinful at times and ALL of us will likely have to sincerely repent, forgive, and seek forgiveness of God and our fellow human beings wherever and whoever they are so that we may hope for justice, peace, and mercy in this world OR the next.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 12-10-2016 at 04:48 PM..

Old 12-10-2016, 10:12 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,711,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeinbandonoregon View Post
don't recall ever being taught to hate the followers of Islam or that they or anyone else regardless of ethnic or religious background "deserved" anything but fair treatment in law and in basic every day human relations. that there is ignorance, fear, and misunderstanding on BOTH sides is a sad truth but NEITHER side can be regarded as either only "innocent victim" or only "evil aggressor"---Christian, Muslim, Jew, (and everybody else, too) are all because of their common human nature imperfect, sad, and sinful at times and ALL of us will likely have to sincerely repent, forgive, and seek forgiveness of God and our fellow human beings wherever and whoever they are so that we may hope for justice and mercy in this world OR the next.
I find your reply much more informative and honest than Vizio's.

Old 12-10-2016, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I find your reply much more informative and honest than Vizio's.

thanks for the kind words. that said just like Vizio I think our country is in some way special and (sometimes in spite of itself and despite many failures and mistakes) has been the source of much that is good and that God has a plan for this country to do more good---both for it's own citizens and for the rest of the world. OTOH, I think (and I would think that Viz would agree) that with God's grace and help EVERY country and every people and every person therein can and does have a vital part to play in making a "better world" now and ultimately becoming a positive part of GOD'S plan for the redemption and salvation of the whole world..

IMHO, the Kingdom of God transcends every earthly kingdom or state, power or principality, past, present, or future and that our part in that kingdom starts in our hearts when we acknowledge His Kingdom by following His commands to repent, reform, love, serve, and forgive.

furthermore, I think that we attempt to follow those commands not as creatures of God, nor as His slaves or servants, but ultimately because we are and hope to remain beloved children of a loving Father.

Last edited by georgeinbandonoregon; 12-10-2016 at 12:21 PM..

Old 12-10-2016, 02:59 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,987,285 times
Islam is a religion of works, where in order to please God you need to do good works.

Christianity states that doing good works don't ensure one salvation. No matter how much good someone does, it not good enough according to the Lord. Living the good life does not ensure salvation. It is through the work of Jesus Christ that ensures one salvation. It is through the work of Jesus Christ who died on the cross for all of our sins and rose from the dead 3 days time.

Old 12-16-2016, 06:16 PM

2,309 posts, read 903,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zianizinou View Post

It's even sadder that you don't accept him as the son of God and God himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity