Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 07:57 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,861,079 times

Advertisements

Here is a 12 minute sermon by Richard Rohr of All Saints Church in Pasadena. He says that the resurrection is something that we experience as an ongoing event, or at least that's my rough paraphrase.

What do you think of his message?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU5f72VVvsg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2017, 11:56 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,042,639 times
I watched it. I thought he had some very good points beginning with the dividing asunder of soul/Jesus and Spirit/Christ. Same thing He taught me. I'd say he's found another piece of the puzzle. Don't know what the rest of his messages are like, though....Peace

Old 04-08-2017, 03:34 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
This teacher teaches that this resurrection is a mystery as a root of His message , so with many people will not get it ...... Even though the mystery may be important , finding Jesus Christ by this sacrifice Jesus made is more important that the unexplained mystery of the Cosmos Christ ................. See there are many who miss the Holy Spirit and His witness in their salvation , where people need to work on their confidence in God and find Holy spirit on their lives , see Holy Spirit is the Christ of the resurrection of Jesus Christ and the baptism and temple of Holy Spirit on Christian's lives who will abide with believers ................. See this resurrection of Jesus and the sacrifice of the cross is the foundation of the faith of Christianity , where it is justice of the cross were people can reject the sin of the world that blocks out God , and the resurrection of Jesus which is life , as Jesus has overcome death , and His followers will overcome death with Jesus

Old 04-08-2017, 09:29 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
This teacher teaches that this resurrection is a mystery as a root of His message , so with many people will not get it ...... Even though the mystery may be important , finding Jesus Christ by this sacrifice Jesus made is more important that the unexplained mystery of the Cosmos Christ ................. See there are many who miss the Holy Spirit and His witness in their salvation , where people need to work on their confidence in God and find Holy spirit on their lives , see Holy Spirit is the Christ of the resurrection of Jesus Christ and the baptism and temple of Holy Spirit on Christian's lives who will abide with believers ................. See this resurrection of Jesus and the sacrifice of the cross is the foundation of the faith of Christianity , where it is justice of the cross were people can reject the sin of the world that blocks out God , and the resurrection of Jesus which is life , as Jesus has overcome death , and His followers will overcome death with Jesus
so I will agree here , we just can't have tooo much faith in him or mostly have too much confidence in Him . If this coming transition gets at all freaky or " out of our control" then it gets crazy in HURRY because not only is the world going to go itself to it's lowest form of self protection so will most of the churches and all religions.
the only thing that will keep us all from going to our lowest common denominator with the fallen and broken thus with all of humanity is that confidence , trust and faith in his abilities in us and through us and around us.
so I agree with your statement with my whole heart..
to me that is the real threat is to only see Him in only in a "spiritualize " way with No context in the natural reality.. thus no context for hope of a resurrection in a physical way and a kingship in a physical way and a physical kingdom.. if we have only known him in a few a metaphors we won't trust through it .

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 04-08-2017 at 09:46 AM..

Old 04-08-2017, 11:32 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,708,804 times
Ozzy,

This is such a glorious sermon. Thank you for sharing it. Beautiful ~

Old 04-09-2017, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Ozzy,

This is such a glorious sermon. Thank you for sharing it. Beautiful ~
Glad you liked it.

Old 04-09-2017, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post

The "Cosmos Christ" you refer to, is the rock that the ecclesia is built on, just as Jesus told Peter, and Paul found out. He said when you've seen ME you've seen the Father, and it was not the man Jesus speaking that but the Holy Spirit in the man, for He said I only speak what I hear My Father speak, and His Father is Spirit. Everyone goes through seeing Jesus the man initially, but pressing in reveals the Spirit behind the veil of His flesh. And staying behind to worship the man, is the same as worshipping Nehushtan, the serpent on the pole. But every man in his own season. Peace

Old 04-09-2017, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
The "Cosmos Christ" you refer to, is the rock that the ecclesia is built on, just as Jesus told Peter, and Paul found out. He said when you've seen ME you've seen the Father, and it was not the man Jesus speaking that but the Holy Spirit in the man, for He said I only speak what I hear My Father speak, and His Father is Spirit. Everyone goes through seeing Jesus the man initially, but pressing in reveals the Spirit behind the veil of His flesh. And staying behind to worship the man, is the same as worshipping Nehushtan, the serpent on the pole. But every man in his own season. Peace
I think that Jesus of the Bible could have been a fictional character. But the Cosmic Christ is the real and important thing in the story and it is the thing that no one can deny when it is revealed to them. The Jesus character was what the authors were trying to explain about a concept, not a literal person.

Old 04-09-2017, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I think that Jesus of the Bible could have been a fictional character. But the Cosmic Christ is the real and important thing in the story and it is the thing that no one can deny when it is revealed to them. The Jesus character was what the authors were trying to explain about a concept, not a literal person.

I don't believe He was a fictional character; His death, burial and resurrection IS the gospel and you can't kill, bury or resurrect a Spirit, and there must be a death before there can be a resurrection. His sacrifice of Himself was to point the way to G-d for all of us, which is why it says to make of yourselves a living sacrifice. Peace

Old 04-09-2017, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I don't believe He was a fictional character; His death, burial and resurrection IS the gospel and you can't kill, bury or resurrect a Spirit, and there must be a death before there can be a resurrection. His sacrifice of Himself was to point the way to G-d for all of us, which is why it says to make of yourselves a living sacrifice. Peace
It is the gospel because it represents what can occur inside a person's mind. He can receive a new spirit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity