Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 10:18 AM

530 posts, read 902,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMan59 View Post
Me and my wife were together for 9 years and married for 4, She recently divorced me in May. we both have cheated on each other but not the reason she wanted to divorce me. God was in and out of our marriage, she always created dating websites when we were married and date men while we were married. we are both in our late 20's, I had a friend tell me that she divorced me because the bar scene and she wanted to see what else is out there. she recently told me she is seeing someone else and it hurts me very very badley. I love my former wife very much and I know we both made mistakes. I cry for her because I do miss her and love her. we do not have any kids, my question is.. she just divorced me a couple months ago and she dosent really want to talk to me at all and avoids me at all cost. and it just breaks and destroys my heart.

I asked the lord to forgive me and I re-commited my relationship with him for good, and to now allow worldly things to distract me from jesus. Will there be a chance of my wife coming back? I pray that she does.. but I have friends telling me that I should stay away from her because she will always be like this and if it's god's will he will bring her back but I need to leave her alone. but I feel like when you marry someone than your married for life. I love her so much and would do anything to have my bride back so we can grow with the lord together.

Awww CMan....I pray that God Heals your heart and brings you an everlasting love. What kind of true love cheats back and forth and creates dating web sites? You two were young as stated already. Divorce can be hard, but trust there is life after divorce and God doesn't want this type of life for you. Seek God with your heart. Seek counseling if you need to and move forward with your life. Pray for your ex wife and then if it is the will of God for you two - you will be reunited. But don't just think that God can only give you what you had. God is a restorer and He can give you more than you ever dreamed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 09:19 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,245,226 times
I know you are feeling pain and loneliness. However, from what I have read, this does not sound like a marriage worth saving. If I were you, I would be thankful that there are no children involved because that would make it much more complicated. I think you should let go and wait for life with someone else. Have you considered meeting Christian singles? There are many looking for a mate.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:38 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,846,119 times
God can restore your marriage BUT your wife has to be willing as well. he simply can not work on her if her heart is hardened to him. If he told her to go back to you but shes angry and bitter, she will likely not listen.

Its on HER to work on her end, not you to work on her.

Old 11-06-2014, 05:28 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
OP: You may pray all you want, but God does not treat us like puppets. Its clear by her behavior she has rejected God and you. Apparently, she wants to go out and sample all the available men in town. Let her go. Find someone else. Find a Christian this time. Be glad she's gone because she doesn't love you and almost certainly never will. You have to remember, the sins of the flesh are very tempting and enjoyable. She's apparently going to take that all in.

Old 11-10-2014, 09:18 AM

530 posts, read 902,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMan59 View Post
Me and my wife were together for 9 years and married for 4, She recently divorced me in May. we both have cheated on each other but not the reason she wanted to divorce me. God was in and out of our marriage, she always created dating websites when we were married and date men while we were married. we are both in our late 20's, I had a friend tell me that she divorced me because the bar scene and she wanted to see what else is out there. she recently told me she is seeing someone else and it hurts me very very badley. I love my former wife very much and I know we both made mistakes. I cry for her because I do miss her and love her. we do not have any kids, my question is.. she just divorced me a couple months ago and she dosent really want to talk to me at all and avoids me at all cost. and it just breaks and destroys my heart.

I asked the lord to forgive me and I re-commited my relationship with him for good, and to now allow worldly things to distract me from jesus. Will there be a chance of my wife coming back? I pray that she does.. but I have friends telling me that I should stay away from her because she will always be like this and if it's god's will he will bring her back but I need to leave her alone. but I feel like when you marry someone than your married for life. I love her so much and would do anything to have my bride back so we can grow with the lord together.

God can restore, but will He? I don't know. But wanted to share this story with you.

Co-workers Aunt married a divorced man. Divorced man had been married many years. They married and the thing is co-workers aunt was also divorced with two small children. New husband took care of children like they were his. Years later co-workers aunt became ill and died. Her husband kept the kids and was raising them. Here is the twist. He and first wife reunited. This time he said he is a better husband to his first wife because of his second wife. That his second wife (the co-workers aunt) taught him how to love (well he learned real love through her). He and first wife not only remarried, but are raising my co-workers aunts kids as their own. The kids are teens now and all is well. He is still close to my co-workers family and it is she who shares this story. They are happy that their aunt found such a good man. My co-worker says he was a good husband and father and his current wife (and first wife) are treated like family and are good to the kids. The wife says he is a better husband this time around. WOW!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity