Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 12:45 PM

2,865 posts, read 3,631,521 times

Advertisements

The Bible talks about enemies, and it mentions that we have a ' last enemy '. According to 1st Corinthians 15:26 the last enemy to be brought to nothing, or be destroyed, is death. How will God accomplish the destruction of enemy death?

By granting the remaining people eternal life after those who were not worthy of eternal life were dispensed with. Everyone remaining has eternal life=end of death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2013, 03:02 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times
Matthew 4:4 are you preaching universal salvation? You seem very knowledgeable but I am not sure of you point.

Old 12-25-2013, 03:07 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
The Bible talks about enemies, and it mentions that we have a ' last enemy '. According to 1st Corinthians 15:26 the last enemy to be brought to nothing, or be destroyed, is death. How will God accomplish the destruction of enemy death ?
Why ask us, wouldnt god be the best person the ask for the answer to that question?We are just the worthless sinners going along with a game we had no choice as to whether we participated or not..

Eternal life? sounds like after awhile it would become eternal boredom that you couldnt discern from eternal hell.

Last edited by jambo101; 12-25-2013 at 04:21 PM..

Old 12-25-2013, 07:12 PM

1,543 posts, read 1,313,737 times
I personally believe it would be a wise move on the part of anyone who does not feel he can stand confident before the Lord in the final day to read today's post on City Data/forum/Bible-Talk/social-group

Old 12-29-2013, 01:04 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Why ask us, wouldnt god be the best person the ask for the answer to that question?We are just the worthless sinners going along with a game we had no choice as to whether we participated or not..
Eternal life? sounds like after awhile it would become eternal boredom that you couldnt discern from eternal hell.
Yes, 'ask God', so to speak, through the pages of Scripture.

In Scripture there is No eternal hell because the Bible's hell [ Hebrew word sheol ] is just a temporary grave for the dead.
Everyone buried in biblical hell [ gravedom ] will be delivered up [ resurrected ] out of hell before emptied-out hell is cast vacant into a symbolic 'second death' of destruction for the Bible's hell.- Rev. 20 vs 13,14

Do you tire of your favorite foods ? I never tire of being with my favorite people and always look forward to seeing them again. What healthy person wants to pick the day they want to die ? Don't most people go to great lengths to re-gain health even submitting to a painful operation in order to keep on living ?

Old 12-29-2013, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Matthew 4:4 are you preaching universal salvation? You seem very knowledgeable but I am not sure of you point.
According to Scripture there is NO universal salvation because there will be those who Jesus will destroy by the executional words from his mouth. - Isaiah 11 vs 3,4; Rev. 19 vs 11,15; Exodus 34 v 7; Jeremiah 25 vs 31-33

However Jesus' ransom does cover MANY or the majority of people who have ever lived.
- Matthew 20 v 28; Mark 10 v 45; Hebrews 9 v 28 A; John 3 v 13; Acts 24 v 15

The theme of Jesus' preaching and teaching was the good news of God's kingdom- Luke 4 v 43
So, as Jesus being king [ ruler ] of God's thousand-year kingdom, it is God's kingdom [ none of men's kingdoms or governments ] that can accomplish Peace on Earth among men of goodwill and bring an end to sickness [ Isaiah 33 v 24 ] and an end to enemy death. - Daniel 2 v 44; 7 vs 13,14,18,27

Old 12-29-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
Very good post
Our former elder who died in 2004 said there is only one thing we need to be saved - to love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul mind and strength. That sounds easy, but we must have that agape love for our Father in heaven and His Son to be able to fulfill the two great commandments to love God and our neighbors with agape love (even our enemies as Jesus and Steven so excellently demonstrated) praying for those who were murdering them.
.... and if I may add to the two great commandments Jesus ' new ' commandment about love of John 13 vs 34,35

Involved in that self-sacrificing love is the commission that Jesus gave at Matthew 24 vs 13, 14 to proclaim the good news of God's kingdom on an international scale before the start of Jesus' 1000-year kingdom reign over earth.

Old 01-01-2014, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Do you tire of your favorite foods ? I never tire of being with my favorite people and always look forward to seeing them again. What healthy person wants to pick the day they want to die ? Don't most people go to great lengths to re-gain health even submitting to a painful operation in order to keep on living ?
It is the human nature that is greatly fearing the prospect of every one of us dying - consider the words in Heb 5:.[15] And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
The indwelling Holy Ghost, if we have it, will give us a lesson of less intensely fearful of dying

Old 01-03-2014, 07:10 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
This is anecdotal... but I think most people aren't afraid of dying. I think most people are afraid of pain associated with death.

Just my observation

Old 01-03-2014, 07:36 AM

I believe your observation is correct. But if we do not feel confident that we can stand
Faultless before Christ at the Judgment, we should have a great fear of dying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity