Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 12:32 AM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Hatred and bigotry are far more immoral and perverse than is love between two adults who happen to be the same gender.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2016, 12:37 AM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Amen, Pleroo! He is very confused.
Amen!!
A flounce??? No surprise there!
You will not get an answer from him on this, Pleroo. It exposes his refusal to acknowledge the real difference between romantic love and lust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
So ... wait. Twin, you equate romantic attraction with lust, and therefore romantic attraction = immoral?
But you said that your attraction to your wife before you were married was NOT immoral, which means you were not romantically attracted to her. How would you classify your feelings/thoughts about her at that point in time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Despite your deflections, this by you is what makes romantic attraction = immoral.
"but if a female is romantically attracted to other females, then she's a lesbian."
So how about you and Nate just repent, turn to the Authority from God
  • the Words of Jesus
  • the entire Holy Bible
as we have been witnessing to and instead turn away from all the demonic rhetoric nonsense, leaving it cursed and where it belongs.
QED!. I told you - no answer, just condemnation and assertion without substance. Were you romantically attracted to your wife, Twin, or was it purely lust???

Old 10-03-2016, 12:38 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
1.6 billion Muslims believe that the New Testament and the concept of the Holy Trinity are demonic nonsense.

So twin, who shall we believe? The Muslims, or you? Do we flip a coin to determine who is telling the truth?
Believe in God's Word the Holy Bible.

Any other off topic post?

Old 10-03-2016, 03:18 AM

6,797 posts, read 2,910,085 times
Quote:
Repent! Turn from your idols and renounce all your detestable practices! ' " Ezekiel 14:6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
I'm not letting this go, twin. Below is my response (post #150) to your above quote:

What you have done here, twin, though I'm sure unwittingly, is to offer support for those of us who have stated repeatedly that 'sexual abomination' as found in Leviticus and other OT passages pertains to idol worship practices. In other words, those passages have NOTHING AT ALL in common with the modern concept of innate human sexual preferences.

Do you have anything to say about this ...?
Quote:
Nothing but regurgitating rational that you ought to repent of and instead come to the Light of God's Holy Word in the inerrant Bible.
'Fraid not, twin ...you don't get out of this with some religious rhetoric that has nothing to do with the matter at hand. You presented a scripture from Ezekiel that should indicate once and for all that the 'abominations' spoken of in the Old Testament that allude to male/male sexual activity relate to pagan idolatry practices. The same is probably true with regard to Leviticus 18:22 & 20:13. Here is your text again:

"Repent! Turn from your idols and renounce all your detestable practices! ' " Ezekiel 14:6

Read it, twin. Read it and weep . . .!

Old 10-03-2016, 03:54 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post

Twin wouldn't do that. "Read it and fume" is more like it.

Old 10-03-2016, 07:12 AM

18,499 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:
Why? Just because you say so?

1.6 billion Muslims say that I must believe the Quran because it is God's Word(tm). Why should I believe you and not them? I've asked you this many times; so far you have given no answer.

Quote:
It's not off-topic at all.

Almost all of your assertions are based on your particular interpretation of one particular religious text. But why should we believe you when there are other religious texts in the world? Why not blindly accept the authority of the Quran instead of the Bible?

Old 10-03-2016, 07:39 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:

Just out of curiosity, where has the OT god provided a list of sexual immoralities?

Is it immoral of me to not sleep with my brother's widow?

Am I allowed multiple concubines or just one? What is the determining factor for the number of sex slaves I may have?

If I look upon a woman with "lust in my heart," can I pay a fine and redeem her for my bride?

(If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered,
he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.-----DEUTERONOMY 22:28-29)

Is lusting in my heart different than RAPE?? Which is better?
If I rape a woman I just pay a FINE, if I lust in my heart I am destined for eternal torment?

Is it immoral if I saw the priest's underwear?
(Never use stairs to go up to my altar. Otherwise, people will be able to see under your clothes."---EXODUS 20:26)

Or should I just accept it all and say AT LEAST I AM HAVING A GREAT TIME?

Old 10-04-2016, 12:11 AM

6,797 posts, read 2,910,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Twin wouldn't do that. "Read it and fume" is more like it.
I'm not sure how twin would respond to that quip. All I know is that he and I are tuned in so differently to the Bible and as to how or how it does not reference homosexuality. I state emphatically that it doesn't while he states just as emphatically that it does. I now realize that anti-gay people, in particular, read the scriptures through anti-gay eyes and are too obstinate to admit to being wrong even if they know or come to realize after a time that they are wrong. Therefore, any dialog with them is tantamount to being a waste of time. Their heels are too firmly dug in. Other readers, however, need to be considered even when it seems to be a waste of time.

Old 10-04-2016, 10:18 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
..... Their heels are too firmly dug in. Other readers, however, need to be considered even when it seems to be a waste of time.
Well worth repeating. What is amazing is how their obduracy helps our cause among those who are still reasonable.

Old 10-04-2016, 12:47 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
A Liar.

The other day I appollogized for forgetting to call my dad on his bday..
I called the day after. Which is a typical signature of mine.

Now of course I try to measure up to him in conversation and explain my life and circumstances. Typical dad son relation.

He then pulls a liner on me.
"Excuses are like *******s, everyone has one".

And I coulndt help but retort.
Yeah, thank God we do.
If not, we would be full of ****.

After this post.
Consider what personal info I just shared and the implications.

What am I Trout dude?

anyone can answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity