Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2013, 06:22 AM

164 posts, read 490,518 times

Advertisements

God hears and answers the prayers of his children. Although the enemy works hard to prevent answers from coming, if you pray under the guidance of the Holy Ghost, you can be assured that your prayer was in accordance with God's will. I was facing some particularly difficult trials and I prayed for the Lord's help. That evening, I read the tenth chapter of Daniel where he was praying for 21 days about an urgent matter. An angel came and told Daniel that from the very first day he began to pray, his words were heard but a spiritual warfare ensued with the prince of the kingdom of Persia, the chief principality of Satan over that country. The angel had to call Michael, one which stands guard over Daniel's people (Israelites), to come help. When I read that passage of scripture and the first verse of Daniel, chapter 12, I realized I was in a battle. As I meditated on God's word, the Holy Spirit quickened me when I said, "By adoption, I am a child of Israel, Lord send Michael to help."

That night I drifted off to sleep and had a vivid dream. In this dream, I was fighting many demons. I was losing the battle and called on the Lord. I said, "Help me, Jesus, send Michael to help me." About that time, I saw a platoon (about 30) of soldiers marching towards me. They were dressed up in Army Blue Dress uniforms. The head one came up to me, rendered a hand salute, and said, "Michael reporting as ordered, sir." In my dream, I could clearly see his name tag and the Chief Warrant Officer Four (the highest warrant officer rank at that time) bars on his shoulders. I said, "Chief, I need help." He turned to his platoon and gave the command, "Round them up, boys." In short order, the demons were captured and herded into a white bus that had "PRISONERS" written on it. I woke from my dream and had sweet peace and victory in this battle. What a mighty God we serve!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 06:38 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,166 times
Why do you suppose God would give demons access to us to fight with us? I'm not sure I believe in such battles with demons. I mean we have enough trouble just eeking out a living and trying to keep ourselves from sin -- why would God send demons to fight us? It seems like some people think more about demons than others and so they make them real in their minds.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:40 AM

400 posts, read 601,721 times
Wonderful, insightful post sir! For many, prayer is our last resort, when it should be our first. How many times do people say, "We've done all we can for poor _____, all we can do now is pray."

I once read, A week without prayer makes one weak.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:02 PM

535 posts, read 966,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkin2e View Post
God hears and answers the prayers of his children. Although the enemy works hard to prevent answers from coming, if you pray under the guidance of the Holy Ghost, you can be assured that your prayer was in accordance with God's will. I was facing some particularly difficult trials and I prayed for the Lord's help. That evening, I read the tenth chapter of Daniel where he was praying for 21 days about an urgent matter. An angel came and told Daniel that from the very first day he began to pray, his words were heard but a spiritual warfare ensued with the prince of the kingdom of Persia, the chief principality of Satan over that country. The angel had to call Michael, one which stands guard over Daniel's people (Israelites), to come help. When I read that passage of scripture and the first verse of Daniel, chapter 12, I realized I was in a battle. As I meditated on God's word, the Holy Spirit quickened me when I said, "By adoption, I am a child of Israel, Lord send Michael to help."

That night I drifted off to sleep and had a vivid dream. In this dream, I was fighting many demons. I was losing the battle and called on the Lord. I said, "Help me, Jesus, send Michael to help me." About that time, I saw a platoon (about 30) of soldiers marching towards me. They were dressed up in Army Blue Dress uniforms. The head one came up to me, rendered a hand salute, and said, "Michael reporting as ordered, sir." In my dream, I could clearly see his name tag and the Chief Warrant Officer Four (the highest warrant officer rank at that time) bars on his shoulders. I said, "Chief, I need help." He turned to his platoon and gave the command, "Round them up, boys." In short order, the demons were captured and herded into a white bus that had "PRISONERS" written on it. I woke from my dream and had sweet peace and victory in this battle. What a mighty God we serve!
This is a beautiful retelling of your dream. I can picture the entire dream. I read your bio and see you are a former, retired, military chaplain. It makes perfect sense your dream would be military in nature. I have always wondered why we dream. Why did God give us that faculty and for what purpose? I have read God does not use dreams to communicate to us anymore. Most everything I've read says dreams are no longer used because now we have the Word. Is that true, or was that man's idea to prevent dreams from being justification for doctrine? I guess that question and a thousand more I have for Him will have to wait.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:14 PM

183 posts, read 192,712 times
Quote:

Maybe not so much by adoption.

I take it you know who you are?

Old 10-20-2013, 06:23 PM

535 posts, read 966,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Why do you suppose God would give demons access to us to fight with us? I'm not sure I believe in such battles with demons. I mean we have enough trouble just eeking out a living and trying to keep ourselves from sin -- why would God send demons to fight us? It seems like some people think more about demons than others and so they make them real in their minds.
I think there is something deeper going on here, perhaps. The OP says he had just read Daniel Chapter 10. Then, he had a dream that was somewhat along the lines of what he'd read. Seeing the OP is a retired military chaplain it makes sense his dream entailed something familiar. I don't know how many times I have dreams that are related to my conscious state, and especially problems. I think we all do. God used dreams to communicate to His people of old. Perhaps our dreams today are some remnant of that.

Why would God send demons to wrestle with us in our dreams? I'm not sure that is what happened in a literal sense. Perhaps it isn't that sophisticated. I can relate to your concern about not needing something else to worry about.

But, the OP said the sequence of events from first having trials>>>>>>reading Daniel 10>>>>>>>praying to God>>>>>>>>>having the dream>>>>>>>>>awaking refreshed and renewed, I think is powerful and perhaps a glimpse into something long forgotten.

Old 10-21-2013, 06:14 AM

164 posts, read 490,518 times
I have learned that God can not be limited on how He helps and speaks to His children. Jesus Christ is still the same today as He was yesterday, and as He will be forever. I recall reading Matthew Chapter One, how the angel of LORD appeared unto Joseph IN A DREAM and told him to take Mary as his wife, that the child that was conceived in her was of the Holy Ghost. Joseph raised up from his sleep and did as the angel of the LORD had bidden him. In Chapter Two, the angel of the LORD once again appeared to Joseph in a dream, and instructed him to flee to Egypt. Joseph woke up, and took the young child and his mother to Egypt. Later, the angel of the LORD appeared unto Joseph in a dream once again, and told him to go back to Israel because the ones who sought the young child's life are dead. So Joseph woke up and obeyed the instructions he had received IN A DREAM. Aren't you glad that Joseph believed God, and believed God could and did speak to him in A DREAM?!

I have other instances where God has given me help, and instructions in a dream. I thank Him that He cares for us 24 HOURS A DAY! Psalm One verses One and Two.

Thanks for your replies and input!

Old 10-21-2013, 07:55 AM

10,020 posts, read 4,960,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Think more about, or are more aware of the spirit realm ?

Access or temporary woe ?______ Please notice Revelation 12 vs 9,12 because Satan has been cast out of heaven to the vicinity of earth bringing ' woe ' to earth [ us ]. Also, please notice Satan's time is short or limited.

We do Not do the fighting of Revelation 19 vs 11,14,15. It's Jesus with his angelic armies who will do the fighting for us.
During that time Michael will stand up for us. Michael [ Not now ' a ' chief prince ] but now Michael ' THE' great prince according to Daniel 12 v 1.

Although it does not seem short in our eyes, Satan's time is temporary before Jesus abysses and then destroys Satan. - Hebrews 2 v 14 B; Psalm 37 v 9,10 ; Romans 16 v 20

Old 10-21-2013, 08:10 AM

400 posts, read 601,721 times
Quote:
I have learned that God can not be limited on how He helps and speaks to His children. Jesus Christ is still the same today as He was yesterday, and as He will be forever. I recall reading Matthew Chapter One, how the angel of LORD appeared unto Joseph IN A DREAM and told him to take Mary as his wife, that the child that was conceived in her was of the Holy Ghost. Joseph raised up from his sleep and did as the angel of the LORD had bidden him. In Chapter Two, the angel of the LORD once again appeared to Joseph in a dream, and instructed him to flee to Egypt. Joseph woke up, and took the young child and his mother to Egypt. Later, the angel of the LORD appeared unto Joseph in a dream once again, and told him to go back to Israel because the ones who sought the young child's life are dead. So Joseph woke up and obeyed the instructions he had received IN A DREAM. Aren't you glad that Joseph believed God, and believed God could and did speak to him in A DREAM?!

I have other instances where God has given me help, and instructions in a dream. I thank Him that He cares for us 24 HOURS A DAY! Psalm One verses One and Two.

Thanks for your replies and input!
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I have been putting together some notes on this very topic. Some hold that dreams are no longer used by God because now we have the Word. Many, like yourself, believe dreams are used by God today. I find the different ideas Christians have on the subject of dreams most fascinating. Personally, I rarely remember my dreams. There have been a couple of vivid dreams that I could say were of God. Both were timely and were directly tied to trials I was experiencing and seeking His help on.

The Bible is replete with many examples for sure. God is certainly with us 24/7/365. He does communicate with His children.

You know brother walkin2e, I've had my head handed to me recently on this forum for allegedly attacking another's beliefs and I'm now fearful to say anything. I was trying to put it behind me, but I realize I simply can not be myself in an atmosphere where moderators are monitoring every keystroke. While, as you stated, God can not be limited, man can be limited by those who know us not. It's a shame I can't fellowship with you freely. I have the utmost respect for you and your service to our country. God Bless.

Last edited by bartstarr1960; 10-21-2013 at 08:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity