Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 07:49 AM

264 posts, read 351,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Why would God mind our exploring the universe He created for us?
Can you show me the verse that says that? He gave man DOMINION over the Earth ONLY!!
Rev 4:11
11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.
KJV
Heb 2:10
10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
KJV
Col 1:16-17
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
KJV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 11:24 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
He gave man DOMINION over the Earth ONLY!!
How is that WORKING out for you, ANY COMPETITION?

Old 11-11-2013, 11:47 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
There will NEVER be an age where the ultimate goal of God is to have all of His creation obey Him as HEAD of all who He has anointed to rule and reign over this earth, for God's Word is eternal and everything that is or ever will be was created by and for God's Word. His Word must be exalted for us to have perfect and just dominion and righteous authority, for with out His Word of Light in the world, we become lawless, immoral, walking in darkness(evil), chaos(no order),void(empty without love).
God is ALWAYS the One in charge over the earth, yet He allows man to run things as they see fit and then He allows them to REAP what they have PLANTED.

That is why Israel rather natural Israel of the OT who had privy to God's Word or Spiritual Israel who is soon to be Restored Israel being Jew and Gentile in Christ are the people of God who keep the Word alive in the earth now and in the new earth to come. We are the body of Christ and Christ is the Word. Those who have good understanding are being conformed to the image of Christ aka The Word and will rule over the nations. It is true that most of the world still follows after the beast, meaning they still walk as men in their fallen carnal nature which is dog eat dog(Self Centered). Yet Jesus paid the debt for the WHO SO EVER WILLS that desire to turn from the wicked nature of the beast and be reborn as a child of God and only the spiritually strong... will survive! Satan may have dominion in most of the unbelieving people who will reap the rewards for their evil, But believe me GOD IS IN TOTAL CONTROL AT ALL TIMES OF HIS EARTH and UNIVERSE.

Read Romans...

Old 11-11-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
How is that WORKING out for you, ANY COMPETITION?
Do you mean do I have TARES all around me? The answer is YES, the GIANTS of industry, power bullies whom fallen man elects over themselves and due to poor upbringing of our children lord over most of the world pulling them down to the pit, because the body of Christ has not learned how to STAND UP IN THE WORD, so that the Head who is seated ON the Right hand of God can STAND UP.

However the body is coming into unity and strengthening and we know it looks hopeless as the world sees it, however CHRIST WINS!

Eph 4:11-16
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
KJV
Col 2:6-11
6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
KJV

Old 11-11-2013, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Read Romans...
Do any of these hit the nail on the head, since you did not give a specific point?

Rom 3:29-30
29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:
30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
KJV
Rom 4:13-14
13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:
KJV
Rom 9:6-8
6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.
KJV
Rom 10:1-4
10:1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.
2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.
3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
KJV

God did not exclude the natural Jews from receiving Christ, they too have been handed over to unbelief so that He can have mercy on them TOO! Those led of their beastly nature of flesh rather Jew or not shall NOT inherit the kingdom of God.
Rom 11:1-5
11:1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,
3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.
4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
KJV
They have to be the same 7,000 souls as mentioned in 1Kings 19:18. These came out of their graves after Christ's resurrection and they are the DRY BONES of Ez.37 being the whole house of OLD ISRAEL. Everyone Jew or Gentile since Christ must be born again says Jesus~

Rom 11:17-21
17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
KJV
Rom 11:30-32
30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.
KJV

Old 11-11-2013, 08:12 PM

91 posts, read 97,709 times
Quote:
Was it EARTH or THE HEAVENS?

Attachment 120703
Isa 14:12-16
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

KJV
Adam and Eve were in the Garden of Eden

Old 11-11-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danite View Post
Adam and Eve were in the Garden of Eden
I think we all know that, but those created on the 6th day of Gen.1:26 in our world age were given dominion of the rest of the earth, not outer space where man is trying to exalt himself up to the throne of God in the heavens. They were just told to REFILL the earth and have dominion over the earth.
Gen 1:26-2:1
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
KJV

Old 11-11-2013, 09:39 PM

Quote:
They were just told to REFILL the earth and have dominion over the earth.
... And the Sun revolves around the flat Earth?
So, should we remain in ignorance?

Old 11-11-2013, 09:41 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
over the earth. but unfortunately he left us to get it over ourselves, a task we have not yet accomplished.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danite View Post
Adam and Eve were in the Garden of Eden.
Apparently, he was too busy preaching (exalting); and missed the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity