Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 09:22 AM

264 posts, read 351,110 times

Advertisements

How would you like it if your wife or husband put a picture of another man and woman up on their mantle and said it was YOU? That is what we do when we allow these images that we would like to think is Jesus in places of adoration calling them God.

Or how about the images of mother Mary and how some actually pray to her, who is a human, asking her, as if she is God, to have her have her son to do something for us giving her all the praise and worship for it?
What do we think that says to Father God who is the true God?
Would we like it if we have a houseguest whom we let eat our food, use our facilities, utilities. And then this person can only boast about the guy down the street of what a great guy he is, all the while you are the one providing for him.. what would you think of that?
Well that is what we do to God when we pray and worship anyone else but Him.

There may have even been godly men in the past, such as Buddha, Gandhi or many others, yet anything godly that they know has come to them from the ONE TRUE GOD and there should be no statues erected of them even IF they are actual likeness if we have any pictures or drawings of them.. for they are NOT GOD! They were just exceptional people, but not perfect for if they had been perfect, God would not have had to send us His only Begotten Son to die in THEIR'S &
our place.

Last edited by afaithfulone4u; 11-17-2013 at 09:25 AM.. Reason: correction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2013, 09:59 AM

We are to know longer know no man in the flesh. We are to worship the Father who is a Spirit in Truth which means His Word and in spirit. We walk by FAITH, not by sight! We do not need to see God in order to believe, for His works are all around us. CARNAL natured man is the only ones who have to see SOMETHING before they can BELIEVE. We are not to be of the beastly carnal nature, if we do need to see God to believe then we have way too much flesh showing to our shame. Repent and overcome!

2 Cor 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.
17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
KJV

John 4:23-24
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
KJV
John 17:17
17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
KJV

Old 11-17-2013, 10:21 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Why would an all-mighty, all-everything deity care about any of that stuff?

Seems very petty - and very...very...human.

Old 11-17-2013, 12:01 PM

668 posts, read 690,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
How would you like it if your wife or husband put a picture of another man and woman up on their mantle and said it was YOU? That is what we do when we allow these images that we would like to think is Jesus in places of adoration calling them God.

Or how about the images of mother Mary and how some actually pray to her, who is a human, asking her, as if she is God, to have her have her son to do something for us giving her all the praise and worship for it?
What do we think that says to Father God who is the true God?
Would we like it if we have a houseguest whom we let eat our food, use our facilities, utilities. And then this person can only boast about the guy down the street of what a great guy he is, all the while you are the one providing for him.. what would you think of that?
Well that is what we do to God when we pray and worship anyone else but Him.

There may have even been godly men in the past, such as Buddha, Gandhi or many others, yet anything godly that they know has come to them from the ONE TRUE GOD and there should be no statues erected of them even IF they are actual likeness if we have any pictures or drawings of them.. for they are NOT GOD! They were just exceptional people, but not perfect for if they had been perfect, God would not have had to send us His only Begotten Son to die in THEIR'S &
our place.
I believe we are not to bow to or worship an image or anyone other than God. To pray to anyone else is also not acceptable. If we put anything or anyone between us and God we are not serving God. End of story. Those who pray to anyone but God are not following God. It's just that simple.

Old 11-17-2013, 12:03 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Well, I've never prayed to a statue or a scupture in my life and don't intend to start. That said, I rather like religious art, and see nothing wrong with art depicting Jesus Christ.

Old 11-17-2013, 01:29 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Well, I've never prayed to a statue or a scupture in my life and don't intend to start. That said, I rather like religious art, and see nothing wrong with art depicting Jesus Christ.
I am the same way. Gorgeous artwork and architecture has been created in the name of Christianity and other religions, too. We have beautiful stained glass windows in our 19th-century church, but I don't pray to those pictures or see them as anything more than artwork.

Same as:

Old 11-17-2013, 02:17 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
When people couldn't read or write the pictures and statues were all they had, like a picture book for children not able to read yet. It's a way to get kids interested in reading.

No one ever took a picture of Jesus so we will just have to improvise but that is no reason to ban all pictures that some think Jesus or God would look like. That seems to be a Communist idea.

Even now I like to look at the beautiful stain glass window above our alter during the Mass, it helps to concentrate on God and prayer----better than looking at all the people in church and what they are wearing.

Old 11-17-2013, 02:54 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
Only Protestant accuse Catholics of worshiping the Mother of Jesus , which they always deny worshiping her , where they are called to ask her to intercede for them and they venerate Jesus Mother Like the Holy Spirit is only to be venerated ......... Then there are some who reject the trinity which is the image of God and this blaspheme God , were some can be lost with the number of the beast as the result ...... Still when people reject Jesus then this is of the authority of a religious spirit which is not of God

Old 11-17-2013, 04:41 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

No one ever took a picture of Jesus so we will just have to improvise but that is no reason to ban all pictures that some think Jesus or God would look like. That seems to be a Communist idea.
The Soviet-era Communists did exactly that.

I never made the connection between the two but..... mercy..... you are exactly right. The commies and some Christians want to do exactly the same thing: Censor. Well done, Janelle. You're getting a rep for that.

Old 11-17-2013, 05:40 PM

I can not stop you from admiring images of man as God... I can only warn!

As for communist, you do realize that when Jesus returns to RULE with that ROD OF IRON there will be only ONE GOD worshipped RIGHT??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity