Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 10:47 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,140,925 times

Advertisements

With all the debates of a pre-trib, mid-trib, or post- tribulation rapture theory, one question has always been in my head and I have yet to hear Jack Vam Impe, Hal Lindsey, John Hagee, or any other rapture theory address this.

As far as the end times goes, the bible is very detailed how all people will die when the different seals and plagues are unleashed. If there is a pre-tribulation rapture, why doesn't the bible describe the massive death toll of the people that will die that day, when out the blue, people driving cars at full speed disappear, pilots in planes disappear, train conductors disappear. Those situations alone of driverless cars , planes and trains crashing, alone will cause countless deaths, yet there is no mention about the many that will perish on that day if there is a pre-trib rapture, but the bible goes into detail about all the deaths during the tribulation.

Is something missing in scriptures, or is there really going to be a pre-trib rapture?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2013, 11:37 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
With all the debates of a pre-trib, mid-trib, or post- tribulation rapture theory, one question has always been in my head and I have yet to hear Jack Vam Impe, Hal Lindsey, John Hagee, or any other rapture theory address this.

As far as the end times goes, the bible is very detailed how all people will die when the different seals and plagues are unleashed. If there is a pre-tribulation rapture, why doesn't the bible describe the massive death toll of the people that will die that day, when out the blue, people driving cars at full speed disappear, pilots in planes disappear, train conductors disappear. Those situations alone of driverless cars , planes and trains crashing, alone will cause countless deaths, yet there is no mention about the many that will perish on that day if there is a pre-trib rapture, but the bible goes into detail about all the deaths during the tribulation.

Is something missing in scriptures, or is there really going to be a pre-trib rapture?

As a theologian once wrote:
"To fail to recognize figurative or symbolical when it is used results in as flagrant a misinterpretation as to the allegorized non-figurative, direct speech....

Millennialism is the ''scoffing and following their own evil desires as spoken by Peter" by "'denying the church's hope of Christ's only return to judgment and transport it into the stratosphere of their own esoteric speculations."
"

Old 09-25-2013, 12:38 PM

1,075 posts, read 1,772,771 times
Quote:

How do we know that the rapture won't take place in an age where transportation technology is not dependent on human control?

Old 09-25-2013, 01:03 PM

I honestly cant see that happening for atleast another 50-100 yrs before technology gets to that point. The technology may be there, but technology fails at times and that is why humans are needed to take over. At the rate we are going as a society now, it seems like the return of Jesus will be within the next 20-30yrs, otherwise will will probably kill each other off.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:33 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,836,946 times
Why keep focusing on the temporary, when God and all of scripture (including the Rapture and Great Tribulation) ... is focused on the eternal?

Is your greatest concern in a post-rapture/pre-tribulation world really the possible automobile and plane wreck deaths potentially associated with the rapture? If so, one would be justified in asking if your eyes are locked upon this temporary world ... almost to the exclusion of God and His eternal plan.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Why keep focusing on the temporary, when God and all of scripture (including the Rapture and Great Tribulation) ... is focused on the eternal?

Is your greatest concern in a post-rapture/pre-tribulation world really the possible automobile and plane wreck deaths potentially associated with the rapture? If so, one would be justified in asking if your eyes are locked upon this temporary world ... almost to the exclusion of God and His eternal plan.

But you have to understand, if the pre-trib argument is the main argument always being pushed, wouldn't the bible also go into great detail on that too, rather than assumption yby Christians on 2-4 verses scattered in the scriptures. Pre-trib is what I was taught to belive, but I am starting to question how it came about and does scriptures back it as well. I live my life to the point if there is a pre-trib rapture ill be taken up, but if there isnt I will be prepared to go through the tribulation as well.

If there isnt a pre-trib rapture and believers have to go through the tribulation, I can see where scriptures say many will fall away and just cave in to the antichrist because if all your life you have been waiting to be raptured before anything bad happens to you, I can see many just walking away from God when they have to go through true and real trials to test their faith.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:56 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
I honestly cant see that happening for atleast another 50-100 yrs before technology gets to that point. The technology may be there, but technology fails at times and that is why humans are needed to take over. At the rate we are going as a society now, it seems like the return of Jesus will be within the next 20-30yrs, otherwise will will probably kill each other off.
Perhaps? An Asteroid will devastate the Earth in the year 3030 AD.
Unfortunately, I don't think we will be around to see it?

And, it won't be due to a secret rapture?

Old 09-25-2013, 02:57 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,542,443 times
Quote:

There is no pre-trib or mid-trip rapture/return of Christ. These are the kind of teachings that Jesus said to not be deceived about. He said it Himself that He coming at the end of this age with power and great glory as the lightning shines from east to west and every eye shall see Him at the end of the great tribulation. All other Scripture say also at the end. People who teach otherwise have not even one Scripture to back up a pre-trip or mid-trip rapture.

Old 09-25-2013, 03:04 PM

198 posts, read 262,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post

Exactly

Old 09-25-2013, 03:55 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,047,683 times
Quote:

There isn't going to be a Pre-Trib Rapture. It's made up nonsense.
When referring to the end times, Jesus said that "many will be deceived". Unfortunately, those people who believe in this doctrine have already been deceived. When the AC does arrive on the scene - and he is NOT Barack Obama - they will be in severe spiritual trouble.
"That isn't the antichrist because God PROMISED us that we would be gone when he arrived".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity