Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2013, 04:37 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I was just pointing this out in response to the poster that claimed that churches can refuse to marry gay couples, that at one time it did happen and a pastor was jailed for it...
And yet you have no proof of this ever happening, except "I heard about it".

Old 11-23-2013, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
For openers, how about Rome in history and Sodom in the Bible.

Also, I did not say that homosexuality specifically caused the nation/s to fall, but, that it was prevalent in societies that destroyed themselves from within; ... Also, that there is no evidence anywhere of homosexual unions contributing to the strength or health of any nation or its families.
Rome fell over 500 years AFTER outlawing same sex marriages, and converting to Christianity. There is no proof that the story of Sodom is factual.

Old 11-23-2013, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FundamentalBibleBeliever View Post
It violates my rights to not violate my religious beliefs. I have the right to refuse to do business with anyone I choose. I may not have the time to do the work for you in the next year. Maybe later.

I don't bake cakes myself but in my business I turn down work all the time. Mostly because I don't think I can get to the job in a timely manner due to other work. Sometimes I just don't want to do that particular type of job and sometimes I just don't want to work for who is asking me. I simply say "I don't believe I am going to be able to help you, goodbye" And that's it.
Incorrect. You do NOT have the right to discriminate in business on the basis of race, religion, gender, and in some states sexual orientation. Don't like it? Don't open a business. That is your choice. No one is forcing you to open a business, but if you do, then you must follow the laws set forth by the state that you do business in. Your personal religious beliefs do not give you a pass to break the law.

Old 11-23-2013, 04:49 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Incorrect. You do NOT have the right to discriminate in business on the basis of race, religion, gender, and in some states sexual orientation. Don't like it? Don't open a business. That is your choice. No one is forcing you to open a business, but if you do, then you must follow the laws set forth by the state that you do business in. Your personal religious beliefs do not give you a pass to break the law.
Bravo!

Old 11-23-2013, 04:58 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,984,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Bravo!

That is true, it is illegal here to discriminate people here due to employment or doing business due to their sexual preference. I have no problem with it. If I am in business, and the people I wish to work in Business, sexual preference is not important.

I rather work with an openly gay person that has integrity in business, rather than a Christian that has no integrity.

Old 11-23-2013, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FundamentalBibleBeliever View Post
I believe the scripture say's "Ο Θεός μισεί αδερφές" which I believe means God does not approve of homosexuality.
And yet you said this in another thread.

Quote:
Most Christian's (excluding the cults that think they have some special knowledge and authority from God) teach "Truth". The main problem is that many try and apply something that is true for one people or time to today. Even though it is truth it is misapplied. Kind of like claiming that because during the Carter administration the speed limit on the Interstate system was 55 MPH that you must obey that law today.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/32313031-post7.html

Can you not see the hypocrisy in your own statements?

Old 11-23-2013, 05:42 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,315,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
That is true, it is illegal here to discriminate people here due to employment or doing business due to their sexual preference. I have no problem with it. If I am in business, and the people I wish to work in Business, sexual preference is not important.

I rather work with an openly gay person that has integrity in business, rather than a Christian that has no integrity.
A HUGE AMEN to that!

Old 11-23-2013, 05:45 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
And yet you said this in another thread.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/32313031-post7.html

Can you not see the hypocrisy in your own statements?
Put the Greek words he used (which are not from the Bible) into a Google translator and see what he really thinks.

Google Translate

Old 11-23-2013, 05:58 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
I do not have the same ability that you do to marry a woman. (discrimination based on gender)
You have the exact same rights regarding marriage as I do. You have to marry someone of the opposite gender.

Old 11-23-2013, 05:59 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You have the exact same rights regarding marriage as I do. You have to marry someone of the opposite gender.
And you can use that same exact argument about interracial marriages. You have the same exact rights regarding marriage as I do. You have to marry someone of the same race. That didn't last either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity