Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2013, 08:12 AM

113 posts, read 151,042 times

Advertisements

Psalm 51: 2-3
Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.

The centre of human life is the heart and this same heart is the same source of our worship. The heart is the heart of human existence. An unclean source of water gives out unclean water and its the same with our hearts.

Think about it, why does God keep pressing that we live our lives for Him. Worship is the best place for us to know him and create a relationship with him through the Holy Spirit.

God wants us to experience his presence always and sin inhibits us from the place. Sin and iniquity are sent to attack the source of our worship, the heart, to taint it and destroy everything in the path.

You find David crying out his heart to God create in me a clean heart and renew our spirit oh God, so that what had suffocated because of sin and iniquity may come alive. So many times we sweep sin under the carpet and we choose not deal with it. We have to learn to deal with sin as soon as it arises, why?

The Effect of Sin On The Heart

1. Festers and Grow- sin is like a fungus or mold starts as a small thing and with time sin eats up all that purity and hunger for Jesus and replaces it with vileness.

2. Tones our hearts down (dulls our senses) to seeing or understand what God is doing as we become more of me and less of Jesus, this happens by default not by desire.

3. Sin allows pride and bitterness to grow within us as we become intolerant to a lot of things. For a worshipper the moment you start walking into that then know that you we in error, but you won't know because your judgement has been dulled.

David realized he had sinned and if you read the cry of Psalm 51 he is crying that God helps him to deal with sin in his life... How did David deal with it.

1. Recognized He sinned, Admitted he sinned. When we allow sin to fester most if the time we don't realize we have sinned because we justify the sin..

2. It's not just recognizing your sin it also about confessing it before God..

3. He knew that alone he couldn't deal with it and He asked for God's help. We can not cleanse ourselves only God can cleanse us from sin...

As worshippers let's not allow sin to fester or grow. As worshippers our mission is more important as our call is to bring people to his presence. It's not just for other but us as well as individuals and for his glory.

As worshippers sin will come, it will knock at our door and at times will walk into our lives. Let's deal with sin as soon as soon as it arrives. Let's not give it time, deal with it and never giving it room to fester or grow and suffocate all the Lord is doing...

Let's deal with sin and live a life of constant renewal with God as we spend time with the maker....

"Worship In The Beauty Of His Holiness"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 09:19 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,699,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkofWorship View Post
Psalm 51: 2-3
Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.

The centre of human life is the heart and this same heart is the same source of our worship. The heart is the heart of human existence. An unclean source of water gives out unclean water and its the same with our hearts.

Think about it, why does God keep pressing that we live our lives for Him. Worship is the best place for us to know him and create a relationship with him through the Holy Spirit.

God wants us to experience his presence always and sin inhibits us from the place. Sin and iniquity are sent to attack the source of our worship, the heart, to taint it and destroy everything in the path.

You find David crying out his heart to God create in me a clean heart and renew our spirit oh God, so that what had suffocated because of sin and iniquity may come alive. So many times we sweep sin under the carpet and we choose not deal with it. We have to learn to deal with sin as soon as it arises, why?

The Effect of Sin On The Heart

1. Festers and Grow- sin is like a fungus or mold starts as a small thing and with time sin eats up all that purity and hunger for Jesus and replaces it with vileness.

2. Tones our hearts down (dulls our senses) to seeing or understand what God is doing as we become more of me and less of Jesus, this happens by default not by desire.

3. Sin allows pride and bitterness to grow within us as we become intolerant to a lot of things. For a worshipper the moment you start walking into that then know that you we in error, but you won't know because your judgement has been dulled.

David realized he had sinned and if you read the cry of Psalm 51 he is crying that God helps him to deal with sin in his life... How did David deal with it.

1. Recognized He sinned, Admitted he sinned. When we allow sin to fester most if the time we don't realize we have sinned because we justify the sin..

2. It's not just recognizing your sin it also about confessing it before God..

3. He knew that alone he couldn't deal with it and He asked for God's help. We can not cleanse ourselves only God can cleanse us from sin...

As worshippers let's not allow sin to fester or grow. As worshippers our mission is more important as our call is to bring people to his presence. It's not just for other but us as well as individuals and for his glory.

As worshippers sin will come, it will knock at our door and at times will walk into our lives. Let's deal with sin as soon as soon as it arrives. Let's not give it time, deal with it and never giving it room to fester or grow and suffocate all the Lord is doing...

Let's deal with sin and live a life of constant renewal with God as we spend time with the maker....

"Worship In The Beauty Of His Holiness"
Amen....
AWESOME post, so full of the Spirit of God and His heart speaking and reaching out to all and especially the sons and daughters of our Lord God, who walk by faith, not by sight, hungering and thirsting in their heart after His righteousness !!

Wonderful teaching given through the Spirit in how we learn the object of staying in the boundaries of His merciful love, that one may continously walk in the heart of worshiping Him in Spirit and truth, amen !!

Blessings

Old 12-13-2013, 12:42 PM

103 posts, read 118,885 times
You are so right that sin personally impacts our worship and communication with God. How does God view it? For illustration purposes lets suppose each person has 1 unconfessed sin. Multiply that by 100, 1000, 10,000 sitting in a house of worship together. Of course, no one outside of God knows the answer, but what does He see, feel, and think, looking down upon it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity