Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 08:49 PM

264 posts, read 351,199 times

Advertisements

Luke 12:49-53
49 I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I if it be already kindled?
50 But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished!
51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
53 The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
KJV

Not everyone in your family, is really your family! Our family is our spiritual family, not our natural family. For flesh and blood can not inherit the kingdom of God, for carnal man can not receive the things of God so many will be destroyed. Cain, Esau, Saul are just examples that show, just because you are a brother, doesn't mean you are a brethren. When we come to Christ we are now in the family of GOD, not of our father's house.
Matt 12:47-50
47 Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.
48 But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
49 And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.
KJV

Abraham had to give up his son of the flesh Ishmael, because it was in Isaac that the promise Seed would come. Ishmael represents the carnal children while Isaac represent the spiritual children.

Last edited by afaithfulone4u; 12-04-2013 at 08:52 PM.. Reason: Added
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2013, 08:55 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
God is love, and a special kind of beauty exists in a single language that is not isolate.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:59 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
He came and preached peace to those who were near(he came to his own) and to those who were far off. Preaching peace to those who were near didn't go down to well.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:03 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
He came and preached peace to those who were near (he came to his own) and to those who were far off.
Preaching peace to those who were near didn't go down to well.
It's a hard pill for many to swallow.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:28 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times
He came to teach peace and freedom. The freedom part doesn't go over well with authoritarians.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:28 AM

He came in peace but it didn't go down very well,upset a lot of folk especially friends and family of those believing on the prince of peace.

Old 12-05-2013, 10:09 AM

Didn't any of you read that JESUS SAID he did not come to bring peace but DIVISION?
Not a division such as denominations. But to divide those who hate their way of sinful life and desire a change for the better. FROM those who love DARKNESS of their sinful life, to make a path between them.
Do you know what DIVIDES them? THE SWORD OF THE SPIRIT which is the WORD OF GOD. That is the weapon of our warfare in the Spirit that is used. If man just loves you and you fit right in when they are totally walking in sin, yet you don't hinder them in the LEAST.... then you are WITH THEM rather you know it or not. If you are whipping out your sWord of the Spirit to tell them the TRUTH that their sins are going to cause their destruction for they ARE THE WICKED that God is talking about, rather they are your baby sister or your old grandma or your loving mother or father. YOU do them DISERVICE to not warn them of the PIT THAT IS UP AHEAD FOR THEM.
They WILL hate you for it, but if you truly LOVE THEM, THEN YOU WILL LAY DOWN YOUR LIFE FOR THEM AND TAKE THAT PERSECUTION FOR THEIR OWN GOOD!
God is NO respecter of persons, He hates sin no matter WHO is walking in it!!

It is only when all EVIL is gone that TRUE Peace will come to the land. We can have peace in Christ right now individually, for that Rest comes as we humble our selves to obey the Voice of the Lord so that carnal dog eat dog man within us can be burned and cut away in our daily sacrifices unto God that brings us closer to the image of CHRIST! God blesses those who walk as HIS SON DID, it is only when we obey our lustful flesh that we walk through hell being turned over to sinful man to mock us, bring torment, punish us with fear, suffer lack, famine, poverty always in the heat of things for one reason or another, NEVER FINDING REST.

Last edited by afaithfulone4u; 12-05-2013 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: added

Old 12-05-2013, 10:11 AM

97 posts, read 147,256 times
God became man so that man might become God.

I guess that says it all.

Old 12-05-2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
Didn't any of you read that JESUS SAID he did not come to bring peace but DIVISION?
Not a division such as denominations. But to divide those who hate their way of sinful life and desire a change for the better. FROM those who love DARKNESS of their sinful life, to make a path between them.
Do you know what DIVIDES them? THE SWORD OF THE SPIRIT which is the WORD OF GOD. That is the weapon of our warfare in the Spirit that is used. If man just loves you and you fit right in when they are totally walking in sin, yet you don't hinder them in the LEAST.... then you are WITH THEM rather you know it or not. If you are whipping out your sWord of the Spirit to tell them the TRUTH that their sins are going to cause their destruction for they ARE THE WICKED that God is talking about, rather they are your baby sister or your old grandma or your loving mother or father. YOU do them DISERVICE to not warn them of the PIT THAT IS UP AHEAD FOR THEM.
They WILL hate you for it, but if you truly LOVE THEM, THEN YOU WILL LAY DOWN YOUR LIFE FOR THEM AND TAKE THAT PERSECUTION FOR THEIR OWN GOOD!
God is NO respecter of persons, He hates sin no matter WHO is walking in it!!

It is only when all EVIL is gone that TRUE Peace will come to the land. We can have peace in Christ right now individually, for that Rest comes as we humble our selves to obey the Voice of the Lord so that carnal dog eat dog man within us can be burned and cut away in our daily sacrifices unto God that brings us closer to the image of CHRIST! God blesses those who walk as HIS SON DID, it is only when we obey our lustful flesh that we walk through hell being turned over to sinful man to mock us, bring torment, punish us with fear, suffer lack, famine, poverty always in the heat of things for one reason or another, NEVER FINDING REST.
Do you actually realize how the Prince of peace brought division and where the division occurred ?. You had to come out from under the power of the established religion of that day that thought they had the truth, how well do you think that went down when you walked away from it to follow the way of peace ? Exactly. ....... There's your division, it had nothing to do with hating your sinful life, but every thing to do with Life and peace.

Old 12-05-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technev View Post
God became man so that man might become God.

I guess that says it all.
CLOSE, God sent us HIS WORD who lowered himself for us, for Christ was rich, yet be agreed to become poor to take on flesh to hopefully save the WHO SO EVER WILLS. He came as a servant as our E-MANUAL(Word sent from Heaven)to TEACH us how to RAISE UP our standards so that we no longer treat each other as animals, but that we to can have the NATURE OF GOD, being born again into the attributes of God as children of God and not stay in the level of beasts that we have fallen to.
We can never BE GOD, but we can have the attributes of God. Too many have the misconception that God is an evil God because of all the talk of wrath and judgment... but who is it that He destroys?
IT IS THE WICKED, who hate peace, that He takes away so they don't HARM the RIGHTEOUS who love peace.
That is why God says to LET HIM take Vengeance, for HIS JUDGMENTS ARE PERFECT, for we may think someone worthy of punishment, yet we can't see the WHOLE PICTURE as God can. Remain Blameless and let God do the judging, our job is just to SHINE THE LIGHT OF THE WORD UPON MEN, that Light is Christ, Christ is THE LIVING WORD of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity