Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2014, 08:58 AM

17,966 posts, read 16,005,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpethim View Post
According to some independent sites that I visited, my GMC truck is better than a Toyota Prerunner!
I wonder why tantalust doesn't concentrate on the ground penetrating radar that was used?

Old 02-20-2014, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeteoMan View Post
Better than believing that the real ark was actually found eh though? I mean there's fibs and then there's lies.

So Noah goes from being Chinese to American now then ey? Wow this finding gets more credible every day
He was actually from Ohio. He was a Buckeye fan, according to Snopes.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:04 AM

546 posts, read 548,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Tell us about the anchor stones.
I read an article by Lorence G. Collins, geologist, where he said that the material that the anchor stones were made of, can't be found at the location where Noah launched his Ark.

My question is, Just where did Noah launch his Ark, and, since if Noah really had an Ark, then the Flood is true, and if the Flood is true, then the supposed geology of the earth has been greatly changed during that Flood. So how could he determine these things with any accuracy?

Then again, if there was no Flood, then how did 11 anchor stones wind up at an elevation of 6600 feet? This is getting dangerously close to "alien intervention"!

Old 02-20-2014, 09:06 AM

63,990 posts, read 40,270,885 times
Default Noah's Ark Has Been Found?

Why expend so much effort defending this fable about genocide? How does this defend or promote the existence and love of God and each other???

Old 02-20-2014, 09:07 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,182,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
You have the mind set of a believer that wanted to confirm the existence of God through magic. And now, you are an Atheist because you did not find the magic you were looking for.

You are what I call a "newbie" atheist or level I atheist.

Give it time and try to move to a higher more complex stage of atheism. You have just discovered there is no Santa and feel some sort of relief. You are OK with your discovery, I get that. But, you are still looking for magic. But, the existence of Santa or "God" is really a moot issue.

To see the face of God you need to study yourself, mankind, history, mathematics, physics, cosmology, String Theory, Quantum Mechanics, the great philosophers, etc. Eventually you will come face to face with God. But, to do so you must leave your very basic atheism behind.

I agree in that some religions are less intrusive than others.

The key is to marry religion with science and to accept your humanity. Einstein was not a fan of Quantum Mechanics and used to say "God does not play with dice".

God is out there in the universe and you will not find God through magic.

Does that mean the "magic" of religion is bad? Not necessarily! Magic can be wonderful if you understand the positive effect of magic on humans. The Sola Scriptura literalists get something out of believing in Noah's Ark, no doubt.
I'm a full on atheist, but you come off as a huge %$#@

You're trying to sound smart; however, it's not working out for you. LOL

Old 02-20-2014, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Why expend so much effort defending this fable about genocide? How does this defend or promote the existence and love of God and each other???
You are the same type of person that, had God done nothing, had He just let mankind do everything his evil heart invented you'd be crying: IF THERE IS A GOD, WHY DOESN'T HE DO SOMETHING TO STOP ALL THE EVIL!

Old 02-20-2014, 09:20 AM

Getting back to the discovery of the ark, there are some salient points to consider:

1. Anchor Stones found near the ark.
2. Historic evidence of people for many hundreds if not thousands of years visiting this place to see the ark.
3. Petrified wood with pitch on it.
4. The area named after the eight.
5. Lab reports verifying the metal found there as being man-made.
6. The countrie's top archeologist stating it is Noah's ark.

Last edited by Eusebius; 02-20-2014 at 09:47 AM..

Old 02-20-2014, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
First off, it's not a fable, nor is it genocide. Saying that it is genocide places man above God.

Secondly, this does promote the existence of God, by promoting that the Word that He gave us is true and can be trusted as such. Everything that God does is promoted by His love for us, which doesn't negate the fact that He can exterminate an enemy to protect and promote the advancement of His love.

The world of the antedeluvians was almost totally evil. He said it was, and I have to believe that He wasn't lying. I also trust that God knows far better than I do!

Old 02-20-2014, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
I'm a full on atheist, but you come off as a huge %$#@

You're trying to sound smart; however, it's not working out for you. LOL
That's a good way to say it Lucky!

Old 02-20-2014, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpethim View Post
First off, it's not a fable, nor is it genocide. Saying that it is genocide places man above God.

Secondly, this does promote the existence of God, by promoting that the Word that He gave us is true and can be trusted as such. Everything that God does is promoted by His love for us, which doesn't negate the fact that He can exterminate an enemy to protect and promote the advancement of His love.

The world of the antedeluvians was almost totally evil. He said it was, and I have to believe that He wasn't lying. I also trust that God knows far better than I do!
Not only that, but God is going to resurrect all of those who perished in the flood. He is going to give them all immortality and incorruption and salvation in Christ Jesus. According to Philippians 2:8-11 none of them are upset at God for what He did.

MysticPhd is really lodging a complaint against God. If what God does does not align with what MysticPhd understands, then God is either evil or the story as told in the Bible is totally bogus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity