Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 11:13 AM

351 posts, read 355,004 times

Advertisements

Hi all In a way both sides are partially right Jesus was the first born of the Father and the Father gave him all the authority and powers of God and even the name. Everything was created through Jesus, by Jesus and for Jesus. He was made God by God, they are the same spiritually. He was the God of the old testament, He was the one who spoke with Moses, Job, and all the others . He was the great I AM. The people knew nothing of the Father. That is why Jesus came to reveal the Father Kind of like Joseph and the Pharaoh Joseph spoke for the Pharaoh and had all his authority. The only thing the Pharaoh kept was the throne. In the end after Jesus has put all enemies under his feet He will turn it back to the Father who shall be all in all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2014, 11:38 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,573,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyB123 View Post
I know a common belief people have is to say that Jesus is God, or that God is a Trinity made up of three persons with each being equal with the other. However, the Bible does not teach these things. Indeed, Jesus never claimed to be God in the Bible, nor did he claim to be equal to God. Rather, he showed that he has a God above him, a God whom he worships. For example, Jesus said to Mary Magdalene: "I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God." (John 20:17; italics mine)

What is more, when Jesus prayed to his heavenly Father, that is, God, look at what he said: "This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ." (John 17:3, italics mine) First of all, notice the clear distinction made between God and Jesus. Secondly, notice that Jesus called his heavenly Father "the only true God," and not himself. Clearly, then, Jesus did not view himself as God. Additionally, Jesus did not teach that he was equal to his Father. Instead, he taught: "The Father is greater than I am." (John 14:28)

Who, then, is Jesus? The Bible says he was created by God. In fact, the very first thing that God made was Jesus, which is why Jesus is called "the firstborn of all creation," and "the beginning of the creation by God." (Colossians 1:15; Revelation 3:14) Yes, the Almighty God created his only-begotten Son and then, using his Son as "a master worker," made the universe. (Prov. 8:22, 23, 30; John 1:3)

In conclusion, the Almighty God from the Bible, his name is Jehovah. The Bible says: "That men may know that thou, whose name alone is Jehovah, art the most high over all the earth." (Psalms 83:18; King James Version) As for Jesus, he is a created spirit being, and he is called "the Son of God." (John 1:49) God and Jesus are two, distinct individuals, with Jehovah being superior.
"For unto us a child is born.
Unto us a son is given
And the government shall be upon his shoulders.
And his name shall be called;
Wonderful, councillor,
ALL MIGHTY GOD!
THE EVERLASTING FATHER!
And the Prince of peace is he.

This verse speaks for it's self and totally disproves your heretical ideas.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:10 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times
Jesus was tempted in every way, but God cannot be tempted.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:31 PM

5 posts, read 11,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
"For unto us a child is born.
Unto us a son is given
And the government shall be upon his shoulders.
And his name shall be called;
Wonderful, councillor,
ALL MIGHTY GOD!
THE EVERLASTING FATHER!
And the Prince of peace is he.

This verse speaks for it's self and totally disproves your heretical ideas.
Actually, what I am showing is found within God's Word, the Bible. As for the scripture you quote, it does not prove that Jesus is God, and here's why: the Son of God is indeed referred to by the title "Mighty God" at Isaiah 9:6. However, in the Bible, it should be noted that humans, angels, false gods, and Satan are also called "gods." For example, humans are called "gods" at Psalms 82:6, and Satan is called "god" at 2 Corinthians 4:4. Here's the thing: In the Hebrew Scriptures, the word for "God" is 'El, which simply means "Mighty One" or "Strong One." In the Greek Scriptures, the equivalent of this word would be the·os′.

And what is more, at Isaiah 9:6, the expression "Mighty God" is translated from the Hebrew ʼEl Gib·bohr′, and is applied to the Son. However, the title "Almighty God" translates from ʼEl Shad·dai′, and is applied uniquely to Jehovah God. Hence, Isaiah 9:6 actually shows a distinction between the Son and God. Indeed, there is a big difference between being mighty and being almighty, having no superior.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:34 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,417,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
No, God cannot be tempted. But Jesus is both God and man. As God He could not be tempted. But as man He could be tempted.

And as the God-man, Jesus was non posse peccare (not able to sin) and posse non peccare (able not to sin).

Old 01-08-2014, 07:40 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,417,924 times
Read post #46. God the Father Himself said that Jesus is God. And not in the sense of a human judge, or an angel, or a false god. There is only one true God who is the Creator God, and that is the triune God. And God the Father called Jesus God in that sense. Jesus Christ is in His deity the Second Person of the Godhead. Read post #46.

Last edited by Michael Way; 01-08-2014 at 07:54 PM..

Old 01-08-2014, 08:55 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,487,769 times
Quote:
I know a common belief people have is to say that Jesus is God, or that God is a Trinity made up of three persons with each being equal with the other. However, the Bible does not teach these things. Indeed, Jesus never claimed to be God in the Bible, nor did he claim to be equal to God. Rather, he showed that he has a God above him, a God whom he worships. For example, Jesus said to Mary Magdalene: "I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God." (John 20:17; italics mine)

What is more, when Jesus prayed to his heavenly Father, that is, God, look at what he said: "This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ." (John 17:3, italics mine) First of all, notice the clear distinction made between God and Jesus. Secondly, notice that Jesus called his heavenly Father "the only true God," and not himself. Clearly, then, Jesus did not view himself as God. Additionally, Jesus did not teach that he was equal to his Father. Instead, he taught: "The Father is greater than I am." (John 14:28)

Who, then, is Jesus? The Bible says he was created by God. In fact, the very first thing that God made was Jesus, which is why Jesus is called "the firstborn of all creation," and "the beginning of the creation by God." (Colossians 1:15; Revelation 3:14) Yes, the Almighty God created his only-begotten Son and then, using his Son as "a master worker," made the universe. (Prov. 8:22, 23, 30; John 1:3)

In conclusion, the Almighty God from the Bible, his name is Jehovah. The Bible says: "That men may know that thou, whose name alone is Jehovah, art the most high over all the earth." (Psalms 83:18; King James Version) As for Jesus, he is a created spirit being, and he is called "the Son of God." (John 1:49) God and Jesus are two, distinct individuals, with Jehovah being superior.

Can you name some attributes of God ? ... like for instance:
1 Chronicles 28:9 KJV
.. for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts:
2 Chronicles 6:30 KJV
Then hear thou from heaven thy dwelling place,
and forgive, and render unto every man according unto all his ways,
whose heart thou knowest; (for thou only knowest the hearts of the children of men

Old 01-08-2014, 09:06 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,573,759 times
Quote:
Actually, what I am showing is found within God's Word, the Bible. As for the scripture you quote, it does not prove that Jesus is God, and here's why: the Son of God is indeed referred to by the title "Mighty God" at Isaiah 9:6. However, in the Bible, it should be noted that humans, angels, false gods, and Satan are also called "gods." For example, humans are called "gods" at Psalms 82:6, and Satan is called "god" at 2 Corinthians 4:4. Here's the thing: In the Hebrew Scriptures, the word for "God" is 'El, which simply means "Mighty One" or "Strong One." In the Greek Scriptures, the equivalent of this word would be the·os′.

And what is more, at Isaiah 9:6, the expression "Mighty God" is translated from the Hebrew ʼEl Gib·bohr′, and is applied to the Son. However, the title "Almighty God" translates from ʼEl Shad·dai′, and is applied uniquely to Jehovah God. Hence, Isaiah 9:6 actually shows a distinction between the Son and God. Indeed, there is a big difference between being mighty and being almighty, having no superior.
Well, there are just too many scriptures that teach us that Jesus Christ is God incarnate to dispute the fact if you are a bible believing Christian. You could always just change the scriptures to suit your false beliefs as the JWs do. Jesus is Emanuel, God with us. He calls himself "I AM". so either you are completely wrong or Jesus was a liar. For myself I'll believe what the bible PLAINLY teaches.

Old 01-09-2014, 07:15 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
No, God cannot be tempted. But Jesus is both God and man.
As God He could not be tempted. But as man He could be tempted.
And this is eternal life (not confusion):

To have knowledge of you, the only true God; and of him whom you have sent, even Jesus Christ.

Old 01-09-2014, 07:49 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Well, there are just too many scriptures that teach us that Jesus Christ is God incarnate to dispute the fact if you are a bible believing Christian. You could always just change the scriptures to suit your false beliefs as the JWs do. Jesus is Emanuel, God with us. He calls himself "I AM". so either you are completely wrong or Jesus was a liar. For myself I'll believe what the bible PLAINLY teaches.
Amen...

Blessings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity