Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 03:05 PM

439 posts, read 426,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Not according to Jesus.

KJV John 8:54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

The Jews knew Jehovah God was who Jesus claimed as his father, after those words, and so did ............... believers.

Paul believed Jesus too:

KJV 1 Corinthians 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
Let me ask you this...

Is Jesus in the Godhead or is the Godhead in Jesus?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2014, 03:10 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans12 View Post
What does the N.T say about The holy spirit compared to the O.T ? What does both say, and what are the differences? Did Jesus make up new stuff about the spirit? Thanks
I'm beginning to believe you're looking for people to give you the answers to your homework.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 03-10-2014 at 03:22 PM..

Old 03-10-2014, 03:25 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniPearl View Post
Let me ask you this...

Is Jesus in the Godhead or is the Godhead in Jesus?
Define Godhead from Scripture?

Old 03-10-2014, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Define Godhead from Scripture?
You answered my question with a question. Lol. I just wanted to know if you thought Jesus is in the Godhead or if the Godhead is in Jesus.

My understanding of "Godhead" would be the deity of God, the essence of God, His personality, His nature. We obviously know God is perfect, sinless, He is the one true God. We could define God all day and still never have enough time to tell it all.

Now, back to my original question...

Old 03-10-2014, 04:54 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
The power of Holy Spirit used to go in the temple of Solomon and all the priest would fall back wards in the spirit ............ Even the burning Bush from Moses which God talks to Moses came to Moses by the power of Holy spirit ...........Samson had his power through the power of the Holy spirit who God called Samson to kick the philistine out of Israel , and Samson before he passed away pulled the temple pillars down and the temple collapsed on him and his captors .................Elijah had a school or the calling of the prophet , and God rose people from the dead by the power of Holy spirit from Elijah`s prayers ..............Elijah walked on water ascended to heaven , and brought life from God through the power of Holy Spirit ...............All the greater Prophets and the lesser Prophets of the judgments of God from the Babylonian captors from power of Holy Spirits , as the Spirit of God would come on Gods prophets and bring a Word of God ................. Even King David and Solomon heard from God through Holy spirit and these Kings also had Prophets of God through the power of Holy spirit speak to these Kings for Gods lead in the spirit ................. When Jesus came preaching on Holy Spirit and on end times , which is all Jesus preached on through out his walk in the earth ministry

Old 03-10-2014, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
When Jesus came preaching on Holy Spirit and on end times, which is all Jesus preached on through out his walk in the earth ministry
Just to clarify... Are you saying Jesus only preached on end times?

Old 03-10-2014, 06:32 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
You answered my question with a question. Lol. I just wanted to know if you thought Jesus is in the Godhead or if the Godhead is in Jesus.

My understanding of "Godhead" would be the deity of God, the essence of God, His personality, His nature. We obviously know God is perfect, sinless, He is the one true God. We could define God all day and still never have enough time to tell it all.

Now, back to my original question...
I believe, in harmony with the meaning of the word translated godhead, that Jesus is divine, God's Son.

Old 03-10-2014, 08:01 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The Holy Spirit is God, just not a separate one of three.
Quote:
I actually understood this one-liner #score
It's not to difficult, there are no lines to read between them.

Old 03-10-2014, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It's not to difficult, there are no lines to read between them.
Bahahahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI

Old 03-10-2014, 09:21 PM

5,357 posts, read 5,136,516 times
In the OT, the holy spirit was how God himself felt and how he effected people physically. In the NT, its how God made people feel emotionally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity