Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 06:17 AM

650 posts, read 514,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisonsims13 View Post
I have a serious crush on my youth pastor and I don't know what to do with myself. (I am a girl btw) I am deeply involved in my youth group and they need my help so I can't just leave the youth group all of a sudden. How do I keep myself from feeling these feelings? I know it is wrong and I don't want to feel like this. I can't help it though he is just so compassionate and kind and loving and dedicated as well as attractive and strong and it attracts me. I have been praying for God to take these feelings away because he is married and way older than me. I would never act on it but I just don't want to deal with it any more, it is driving me crazy! Please, what can I do to make these feelings go away!!??
well
first and foremost he is not good enough for you . Its because he's already been swept up and fully conceded to someone else,

which means that another could never ever be the unique special person and would always be just a comparison because it becomes entwined in betray .

the one thing that could be true is the wife cares very deeply for him, -evidence, he is stable and cheerful and basically sounds to be strong.

If he's spoken for it is the union which is contributing to these things of value which are noticed and liked, so its not really him exactly which your fond of, it is the two which are 1 in the promise and seeing the positive.

It only appears to be something thought of which would be close to what is understood to be something to do with being a person, fulfillment and all that,

seeing a movie star can do the same thing but there is some distance and easier to manage for what it is, just a suggestion of what is close to the aspirations, that's all.

When things are thought about in general its always good to understand they are just emotions and all emotions need to get past the thinking, which is the reasoning in the idea to get some feedback.

Its an unexpected or suddenly with the emotions, the other thing is its always good to see people as 'just surviving with all the potential difficulties and fears , and in that regard the people who are part of community and so on a person can always say a prayer for them that things go along for them in positive ways. Anyway its only an opinion and what I would roughly say to a relative for example.

(Objectively not to do with OP but the topic, If a leader is trying to charm the girls in any way or a girl in anyway whatsoever he should be reported and fired without any delay or any mercy. Explanations not accepted, if the people get a thought well then that is a problem with the manner- Fired. Bye -Bye. Go change tires at a service station. new law under 21 all on camera, weed out the shifty criminals.

Last edited by alexcanter; 04-06-2014 at 07:41 AM.. Reason: afterthought
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2014, 08:44 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,019,250 times
Sounds a lot like:

Puppy love (also known as simple infatuation, a crush, calf love, or kitten love) is an informal term for feelings of love, romance, or infatuation, often felt by young people during their childhood and adolescence.[1] It is named for its resemblance to the adoring, worshipful affection that may be felt by a puppy. It may also be able to describe short-term love interest.
The term is often used in a derogatory fashion, describing emotions which are shallow and transient

I bet the guy looks similar to this:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity