Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 07:17 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I'm also not a believer.
When did this happen?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2014, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
YES, everything in the Scriptures is true.

While it is true that God is not a man, He did appear to several ppl as a man. Some examples:
Judges 13:22 And Manoah said unto his wife, We shall surely die, because we have seen God.
23 But his wife said unto him, If Yahweh were pleased to kill us, he would not have received a burnt offering and a meat offering at our hands, neither would he have shewed us all these things, nor would as at this time have told us such things as these.

Ex 33:11 And Yahweh spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend.

Ge,. 18:21 ¶ And Yahweh appeared unto him [Abraham] in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;
2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,

Gen. 32:30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.
Christ was not 'a son of man,' one of His Names/Titles, that He's had since the beginning, is The Son of Man:
Da 7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
Just as Son of God is another of of His Names/Titles:
Da 3:25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.
Schaliach principle???...

Last edited by Richard1965; 05-03-2014 at 07:42 AM..

Old 05-03-2014, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
where in the Scriptures does it say an angel is God. Other than The Angel of Yahweh I see no mention of angels [which simply means 'messengers'] being called a God.

And the name Gabriel [has *EL in it] simply means 'warrior of God' or "man of God."

*El as adjective, mighty; especially the Almighty
G2316

Original: θεός

Transliteration: theos

Phonetic: theh'-os

Thayer Definition:

a god or goddess, a general name of deities or divinities
the Godhead, trinity
God the Father, the first person in the trinity
Christ, the second person of the trinity
Holy Spirit, the third person in the trinity
spoken of the only and true God
refers to the things of God
his counsels, interests, things due to him
whatever can in any respect be likened unto God, or resemble him in any way
God's representative or viceregent
of magistrates and judges

Origin: "of uncertain affinity; a deity, especially (with G3588) the supreme Divinity"

TDNT entry: 04:05,3

Part(s) of speech: Noun Masculine

Strong's Definition: Of uncertain affinity; a deity, especially (with G3588) the supreme Divinity ; figuratively a magistrate ; by Hebraism very: - X exceeding, God, god [-ly, -ward].

H410

Original: אל

Transliteration: 'êl

Phonetic: ale

BDB Definition:

god, god-like one, mighty one
mighty men, men of rank, mighty heroes
angels
god, false god, (demons, imaginations)
God, the one true God, Jehovah
mighty things in nature
strength, power
Origin: shortened from H352

TWOT entry: 93a

Part(s) of speech: Noun Masculine

Strong's Definition: Shortened from H352; strength ; as adjective mighty ; especially the Almighty (but used also of any deity): - God (god), X goodly, X great, idol, might (-y one), power, strong. Compare names in " -el ".

Old 05-03-2014, 08:36 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
When did this happen?...

4ish years ago, Richard. I don't believe that Jesus was God any more than I believe you or I are.

Old 05-03-2014, 12:40 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fig2001 View Post
Why do you believe Jesus is God, when you can read
word for word in the Book of Numbers,

Chapter 23, 19: God is not a man, that he should lie;
neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said,
and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken,
and shall he not make it good?

Do you believe this or is this a lie?
1. Jesus was a man.
2. Jesus was a son of man.

Is everything in this verse from the Bible...TRUE?
Yes or no?

Chapter 23, 19: God is not a man, that he should lie;
neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said,
and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken,
and shall he not make it good?

Please do not write me back giving me your theories or doctrine
or explanations of your opinions or theories of your explanations.

Just answer the questions
I presented to you as they are written.
Addressing the OP only. this is true. and I'll give scripture, and not my opinion.

#1. God is not a man, STOP, that he could LIE. God always tells the truth. so in that respect he is a man not to lie. the word man simply means another like God. supportive scripture,
1 Corinthians 15:46 "Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven”. question, why is the Lord from heave is called a “man”?.

#2. our Lord Jesus “took part” in our nature, but he did not “partaker”, in it. that’s why we have the virgin birth.

#3. the Lord Jesus was an offspring, or a diversity "OF GOD", by “BIRTH” only. hence the title "son of man".

be blessed.

Old 05-03-2014, 03:03 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Schaliach principle???...
Yes, on the "appearance of God". The angel/man represented him.

Son of Man is a prophetic title/description and Son of God is a description.

Last edited by expatCA; 05-03-2014 at 03:27 PM..

Old 05-03-2014, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
4ish years ago, Richard. I don't believe that Jesus was God any more than I believe you or I are.
Great, your not a believer in the Trinity.

Old 05-03-2014, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
1 Corinthians 15:46 "Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven. question, why is the Lord from heave is called a “man”?.

It answers your question.The "Lord"/Jesus not God, "from heaven

He was a man on earth and a spirit in heaven, While "from: heaven, not in it, he was a man.

Old 05-03-2014, 03:27 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
It answers your question.The "Lord"/Jesus not God, "from heaven

He was a man on earth and a spirit in heaven, While "from: heaven, not in it, he was a man.

incorrect, in heaven while on earth, read John 3:13.
I guess you missed this scripture also,
Isaiah 42:13 "The LORD shall go forth as a mighty man, he shall stir up jealousy like a man of war: he shall cry, yea, roar; he shall prevail against his enemies". as , and like.

Old 05-03-2014, 06:05 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Great, your not a believer in the Trinity.
Correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity