Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 08:37 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,482,476 times

Advertisements

Why are all you Christians so bent out of shape about going to Heaven? Are you just lazy or what?
Christ's kingdom will be upon this Earth. He has promised to make you kings, priests, and judges. He needs help down here to save the rest of mankind. Can't you help? There's no job for you in Heaven. He doesn't want his elect lying around on a cloud eating grapes and getting fat.

You are the election for a reason. He chose you from before the foundation of the earth. You are very special indeed. You will partake of the first resurrection. I don't know why he chose you and not someone else. Only God knows that. It is God who chose and not you. You didn't accept God - He accepted you.

Now, since you are of the election and He has instructed you to study to show yourself approved, don't you think you should at the very least study to find out where you will be and what will be the great undertaking in which you will be a party to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2014, 09:09 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,281,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Why are all you Christians so bent out of shape about going to Heaven? Are you just lazy or what?
Christ's kingdom will be upon this Earth. He has promised to make you kings, priests, and judges. He needs help down here to save the rest of mankind. Can't you help? There's no job for you in Heaven. He doesn't want his elect lying around on a cloud eating grapes and getting fat.

You are the election for a reason. He chose you from before the foundation of the earth. You are very special indeed. You will partake of the first resurrection. I don't know why he chose you and not someone else. Only God knows that. It is God who chose and not you. You didn't accept God - He accepted you.

Now, since you are of the election and He has instructed you to study to show yourself approved, don't you think you should at the very least study to find out where you will be and what will be the great undertaking in which you will be a party to?
You convinced me! There's a great undertaking downtown today! I'm heading there now!

Old 05-26-2014, 09:25 AM

33,262 posts, read 26,470,212 times
Quote:

Christians are not 'bent out of shape' about going to heaven. Believers do go to heaven when they die. But when Christ returns to the earth at the end of the Tribulation believers will return to the earth with Him.

Revelation 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wages war. 12] His eyes are a flame of fire, and on His head are many diadems; and He has a name written on Him which no one knows except Himself. 13] He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14] And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses.

Revelation 17:14 "These will wage war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those who are with Him are the called and chosen and faithful."

The Expositor's Bible Commentary on Revelation 19:14.
14 This verse seems somewhat parenthetical because it does not refer directly to Christ's person of his actions. The armies of heaven mounted on white horses are understood by most to be angelic hosts since passages in the OT and NT, though infrequent, speak of the armies or soldiers of heaven as angels (Pss 103:21; 148:2; Luke 2:13; Acts 7:42). Moreover, elsewhere in the NT the coming of Christ is associated with angels (e.g., Matt 13:41; 16:27; 24:30-31). Yet this may not be John's meaning. These soldiers, like their leader, are riding white horses of victory --something hardly true of angels. Their clothing of bright and clean linen is identical to the bride's attire (cf. v.8). Thus it is probably the victors who accompany Christ, either all of them (resurrected and raptured [1 Thess 4:16-17]) or the company of martyrs. Revelation 17:14 confirms this: ''They [the beast and the ten kings] will make war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will overcome them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings---and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers'' (italics added; cf. 15:1-2).
[The Expositor's Bible Commentary, vol. 12, p. 575.]
The apostle Paul describes the church as a virgin bride.
2 Cor. 11:2 For I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy; for I betrothed you to one husband, so that to Christ I might present you as a pure virgin.
The church is seen in heaven in Revelation 19:7-8 where she is referred to as the bride.
Rev. 19:7 Let us rejoice and be glad and give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His bride has made herself ready." 8] It was given to her to clothe herself in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.
The raptured and resurrected church in heaven will return with Jesus to the earth at the end of the Tribulation at which time He will set up His Millennial kingdom on the earth.

Old 05-26-2014, 09:51 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,596,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The raptured and resurrected church in heaven will return with Jesus to the earth at the end of the Tribulation at which time He will set up His Millennial kingdom on the earth.
we don't believe that. it is a chiliast view. the 1000 years is figurative, and is not representative
of the Second Coming.

Catholic Answers Forums - View Single Post - Can a Catholic believe Genesis and Revelations literally?

Old 05-26-2014, 10:00 AM

1,030 posts, read 841,153 times
Quote:

You don't seem to understand. Perhaps you got some of that "revival" that went on in P'cola a few years ago.

Old 05-26-2014, 10:05 AM

33,262 posts, read 26,470,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
we don't believe that. it is a chiliast view. the 1000 years is figurative, and is not representative
of the Second Coming.

Catholic Answers Forums - View Single Post - Can a Catholic believe Genesis and Revelations literally?
I realize that the Roman Catholic church does not believe in the Millennium, and neither do many protestant denominations. Nevertheless, the Bible does teach that Jesus will establish a literal physical kingdom on the earth when He returns.

Old 05-26-2014, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightly Divided View Post
You don't seem to understand. Perhaps you got some of that "revival" that went on in P'cola a few years ago.
You are correct - I certainly don't understand since the Bible doesn't teach it. No, I was not part of that revival in Pensacola. Why try to throw stones? What do you gain?

Old 05-26-2014, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Christians are not 'bent out of shape' about going to heaven. Believers do go to heaven when they die. But when Christ returns to the earth at the end of the Tribulation believers will return to the earth with Him.

Revelation 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wages war. 12] His eyes are a flame of fire, and on His head are many diadems; and He has a name written on Him which no one knows except Himself. 13] He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14] And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses.

Revelation 17:14 "These will wage war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those who are with Him are the called and chosen and faithful."

The Expositor's Bible Commentary on Revelation 19:14.
14 This verse seems somewhat parenthetical because it does not refer directly to Christ's person of his actions. The armies of heaven mounted on white horses are understood by most to be angelic hosts since passages in the OT and NT, though infrequent, speak of the armies or soldiers of heaven as angels (Pss 103:21; 148:2; Luke 2:13; Acts 7:42). Moreover, elsewhere in the NT the coming of Christ is associated with angels (e.g., Matt 13:41; 16:27; 24:30-31). Yet this may not be John's meaning. These soldiers, like their leader, are riding white horses of victory --something hardly true of angels. Their clothing of bright and clean linen is identical to the bride's attire (cf. v.8). Thus it is probably the victors who accompany Christ, either all of them (resurrected and raptured [1 Thess 4:16-17]) or the company of martyrs. Revelation 17:14 confirms this: ''They [the beast and the ten kings] will make war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will overcome them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings---and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers'' (italics added; cf. 15:1-2).
[The Expositor's Bible Commentary, vol. 12, p. 575.]
The apostle Paul describes the church as a virgin bride.
2 Cor. 11:2 For I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy; for I betrothed you to one husband, so that to Christ I might present you as a pure virgin.
The church is seen in heaven in Revelation 19:7-8 where she is referred to as the bride.
Rev. 19:7 Let us rejoice and be glad and give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His bride has made herself ready." 8] It was given to her to clothe herself in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.
I guess youy guys are going to take part in the war in Heaven that precedes His SECOND coming - not that secret one where he sneaks in here and raptures you folks then takes you back to Heaven and has to return again. You're gonna wear Him out having to come back and go back and come back. Who's side you gonna fight on in the war in Heaven since you're obviously gonna be there according to your pre-trib doctrine?

Old 05-26-2014, 10:33 AM

1,030 posts, read 841,153 times
Quote:
You are correct - I certainly don't understand since the Bible doesn't teach it. No, I was not part of that revival in Pensacola. Why try to throw stones? What do you gain?
Experience of course!

Old 05-26-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightly Divided View Post
Experience of course!
I'll have to assume by that response that you're about twelve years old?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity